[Game Thread] Canadiens vs Lightning - 7/11/2009

Trizzak

I have the solution: Eric Neilsen!

Eric Neilson is not property of the Habs, he is on an AHL deal only. He's an unrestricted free agent free to sign with anyone at any time. As the Habs are at the max in NHL deals (50), he's not coming up this season.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Neilson is not property of the Habs, he is on an AHL deal only. He's an unrestricted free agent free to sign with anyone at any time. As the Habs are at the max in NHL deals (50), he's not coming up this season.

Can they release someone though to make room for another signing?

Now you claiming Malone will be in contention for the Rocket trophy,

What? Are you even reading my posts? How did you come to that conclusion? And even if he was a Rocket trophy contender, it wouldn't change a thing. It doesn't matter if Mario Lemieux or Radek Bonk, you don't let an opponent stand in the low slot . Period.

I already explained that if the puck is shot past you and its no longer in front of you and its not in the net then its most likely behind you. Its not rocket science.

Yeah but I asked how Price was supposed to know if it was in the net or not. If you watch the replay very closely in slow motion, you can see that he's actually facing the other way. And usually when when a puck flies over your shoulder, you hear it hit the crossbar and you don't see it fly back out in front of you, it's either in the net or up over the net, in which case you have to reposition yourself in case play continues, which is EXACTLY what Price tried to do. And this is not idle speculation. I've been playing goalie for 5 years.

Edited by ForumGhost

This analysis is so ridiculous I can only hope you're joking. Not even those on the Price bashing crusade are backing you on this.

His right leg is moving backwards slightly because of the momentum of his save attempt. If this is bad goaltending form in your opinion, then Price will never meet your standards. No goalie will ever meet your standards - not even the almighty Hasek.

This is nitpicking to the Nth degree. No hockey player could withstand this level of scrutiny.

Amen.

Edited by ForumGhost

This analysis is so ridiculous I can only hope you're joking. Not even those on the Price bashing crusade are backing you on this.

His right leg is moving backwards slightly because of the momentum of his save attempt. If this is bad goaltending form in your opinion, then Price will never meet your standards. No goalie will ever meet your standards - not even the almighty Hasek.

This is nitpicking to the Nth degree. No hockey player could withstand this level of scrutiny.

For sure, I'm way off base. Price played that sequence absolutely perfectly. :rolleyes:

In the new NHL the preferred goalie placement is beside the net. What NHL caliber goalie plays between the pipes? :lol:

Watch the vid at 11-12 second mark. Price slides over way to far and doesnt even touch the puck as it goes right by him and out front of the net to Malone who basically has a wide open net because Price isnt between the pipes. The only time Price touches the puck is when he kicks it into his net.

Blame anybody but Price. ^_^

For sure, I'm way off base. Price played that sequence absolutely perfectly. :rolleyes:

In the new NHL the preferred goalie placement is beside the net. What NHL caliber goalie plays between the pipes? :lol:

Watch the vid at 11-12 second mark. Price slides over way to far and doesnt even touch the puck as it goes right by him and out front of the net to Malone who basically has a wide open net because Price isnt between the pipes. The only time Price touches the puck is when he kicks it into his net.

Blame anybody but Price. ^_^

Dude. The Christians were less single-minded during the Crusades. We got your opinion. Let it go. Same with everyone else. Sheesh, we're debating a scramble play. LMAO

Very true.

I'm primarily pointing out the 1st goal because before I posted the replay of it most people here were claiming that Malone "roofed" it and nothing Price could do which was complete bunk. Price totally scored that goal.

I don't even know how to respond to this post. To me it seems like you are just trying to get a reaction from the "Price supporters".

I mean the usual arguments you see critiquing a goaltender is that he was too deep in his net, or he was down to early, etc. All of which are valid points and can be worked on with his goaltending coach.

This takes the cake though, It was just bad luck, nothing more. Price couldn't have gotten out of the way if he wanted to. It was a combination of his momentum from lunging to try and make the initial save and Georges pushing him back into the net. It's not like the puck was sitting on the goal line for a couple of seconds with everyone scrambling to find it. It would be the same as a goal hitting the post then bouncing in off the goalies back. It's a bang bang play. There isn't much you can do about it.

We should add the Team has been mediocre, mediocre is not enough. Team sport, team wins, team losses.

As a price supporter I get blamed for 'letting price off the hook', when most people want to let the team off the hook.

Edited by bar