[Game Thread] Carolina Hurrianes @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

Blame the French medias.

Well... I tried to add some excitement by buying a compressor to do some trim work at home.

ANYTHING could have happened.

But it didn't.

I have been paying half attention to the game.

The good, bad and ugly..?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I tried to add some excitement by buying a compressor to do some trim work at home.

ANYTHING could have happened.

But it didn't.

I have been paying half attention to the game.

The good, bad and ugly..?

The good: it's just 2-1

The bad: our offense is still impotent.

The ugly: our PP.

:clap:

+1

True.

Go Bob go! :clap:

The good: it's just 2-1

The bad: our offense is still impotent.

The ugly: our PP.

Thanks KoZed. Sounds a little familiar, but this too shall pass like stools in a lavatory, or something more poetic.... :unsure:

These are tough times to be fans of the CH... nevertheless i keep the faith. Just a matter of time before #25 comes along!

GO HABS GO!

On a side note, i'd like to rant about how RDS and Journal de Montreal refer to the Canadiens as "Le Canadien". C'est pas "le Canadien", c'est bien "Les Canadiens". Il y en a plus qu'un! It just seems grammatically incorrect. "Club de hockey Canadien" = Canadien is an adjective. Therefore a member of the team is a Canadien and several members (aka the whole team) are "The Canadiens" or "Les Canadiens". Pet peeve! Désolé :)

One advantage living around Toronto.. OK.. the ONLY advantage living in Toronto, is that I can always tune into something uglier!

And as you probably heard Toronto WAS the reason Hamilton doesn't have an NHL team today.

The owners figured that if Hamilton got an NHL franchise, Toronto would want one too.

These are tough times to be fans of the CH... nevertheless i keep the faith. Just a matter of time before #25 comes along!

GO HABS GO!

On a side note, i'd like to rant about how RDS and Journal de Montreal refer to the Canadiens as "Le Canadien". C'est pas "le Canadien", c'est bien "Les Canadiens". Il y en a plus qu'un! It just seems grammatically incorrect. "Club de hockey Canadien" = Canadien is an adjective. Therefore a member of the team is a Canadien and several members (aka the whole team) are "The Canadiens" or "Les Canadiens". Pet peeve! Désolé :)

It's not only RDS and Journal de Montreal, but several medias and people who say "Le Canadien". I thought for a while that it was Le Canadien, and seriously, it sounds like it has more class.

Dude, "Le Canadien" is an expression as old as the team. You just wrote it: LE Club de hockey CANADIEN. Short form: LE CANADIEN. It's singular because it's ONE CLUB. It's better singular because it shows unity.

The habs play is killing my desire to even comment on it.

How come the worse team in the league is bigger, faster, and stronger. How come they play with more tenacity.

I am coming to the belief that most of our players, certainly our homegrown ones are basically pond hockey players. They muck about but they don't look like men who want to play.

Dude, "Le Canadien" is an expression as old as the team. You just wrote it: LE Club de hockey CANADIEN. Short form: LE CANADIEN. It's singular because it's ONE CLUB. It's better singular because it shows unity.

D'accord. One thing I love about Le habs.... had to do it... is the full Canadien dimension of the fans. Refreshing.

and that is why we can't score... AK does some good work.. rebound.. but where is plek???? He was coasting watching AK go in.. . HE MUST GO HARD TO THE NET!!!!!

Seriously.. the first thing they teach you is.. second guy over the line drives the net without the puck..

Why was Leighton pulled? ....I missed it and don't speak french so they might have been talking about but I wouldn't understand

And it LEGACE in net now guys COME ON!!!!

Because he plays best under pressure?

Canadien is an adjective, so the correct usage should be "Les Canadiens". Actually the CH itself uses "Les Canadiens" (just look at the official web site).

By your logic, the Pittsburgh Penguins ought to be called "Le Penguin", the Anaheim Ducks "Le Duck", Boston Bruins "Le Bruin", etc.

Les Canadiens de Montreal

Les Bruins de Boston

Etc.

Canadien is an adjective, so the correct usage should be "Les Canadiens". Actually the CH itself uses "Les Canadiens" (just look at the official web site).

By your logic, the Pittsburgh Penguins ought to be called "Le Penguin", the Anaheim Ducks "Le Duck", Boston Bruins "Le Bruin", etc.

Les Canadiens de Montreal

Les Bruins de Boston

Etc.

Le Club de Hockey Canadien. That's the ancestral name. Not The Club of Hockey Bruin. Not The Club of Hockey Duck.

Get it?

For once Price is keeping the team in the game. 1 goal game, COME ON BOYS!!!

Le Club de Hockey Canadien. That's the ancestral name. Not The Club of Hockey Bruin. Not The Club of Hockey Duck.

Get it?

What does that have to do with anything? Obviously the official name is "Le Club de Hockey Canadien", and "le Canadien" and "les Canadiens" are technically nicknames... but that's all beside the point. "Canadien" in the official name is still an adjective, and as an adjective, the correct term should be "Les Canadiens".

I'm not knockin' ya for using "Le Canadien", KoZed ;) Free society, yall can use the terms you like. I just prefer the grammatically correct "Les Canadiens" which is also the official name used by the hockey club itself. (See : canadiens.com)