GAME THREAD: Bulldogs v. Penguins

simonus

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight is looking like a night where the work ethic is there, but I think its gonna come down to a lack of talent. Hope I'm wrong.

Pens talent should compensate for our lack...

where can i watch this online? pm me please if necessary

With a couple of lucky bounces, the boys could have been up 2-1. If they keep working hard, they may be able to grind this on out... but I doubt they've got the legs.

That's 3 times tonight where the damn puck bounces over our players' stick. Cams had an empty net, but with our rotten luck, the puck was bouncy!

With a couple of lucky bounces, the boys could have been up 2-1. If they keep working hard, they may be able to grind this on out... but I doubt they've got the legs

Our boys will need to have the lead before the end of the second, cause the 3rd period is gonna be hard for the Habs

Hey Fleury, way to go shutout!!!

Lost cause? :(

NOrmally when they are down by two goals with 30 minutes to go, I'd say we have a chance, but let's not kid ourselves here. WE have 7 or 8 players from the AHL on this team. 4 of our best 5 players are injured and the Pens just got Gonchar back. PLus, the Habs played last night and travelled. Everything is against us. It'll take a minor miracle for the boys to win this one!

I know but at this point I'd consider voodoo or something :lol:

Martin can shorten the bench for the 3rd surge. Provided we get a goal. But the Pens surge has to be better contained. All zones they have pressure. Down low in our end it's 2 forecheckers on 1. And they're protecting the puck. I wish we would stop errant passes in traffic or backpasses to 1 player to 2 of their backcheckers. We can't even pass.

...and we get scored on...

nother weak goal, price is not sharp tonight

well this makes it easier for me to get to bed... gotta work in the am. The Habs are working, but there's too much working against them.

Pacioretty looks hurt. Damnit.

I don't think a hit that late should qualify for anything but a penalty. The puck had been gone for a month before the hit. That's finsishing a career, not finishing a check. No way he would have been expecting a hit.

THE NHL should look into that nonsense.

He, Pretty good effort despite the loss. Didnt looked outclassed, but the legs were tired and the Pens' forward were backchecking well so it was hard to get anything going offensively.

:lol: Like I said...Habs young player starts to find his game? He WILL be injured. It's like a Newtonian Law of Physics.

We still have Maxwell and Trotter who would be OK call-ups.

Problem is: the Bulldogs dont have anyone left in Cincinnati to call up!

I don't think a hit that late should qualify for anything but a penalty. The puck had been gone for a month before the hit. That's finsishing a career, not finishing a check. No way he would have been expecting a hit.

THE NHL should look into that nonsense.

I agree. That was just as late as the Briere hit. Phaches seems ok, so the NHL wont even look at it.

Edited by haber