Ruins @ Habs GDT - March 13th, 2010

bar

Saying he's playing like shit... that's pretty ridiculous.

Anyways, Andrei Kostitsyn is clearly not back to top form yet, either. He should have fired that shot WAY earlier. His timing, always his worst attribute, is really off right now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with you, maybe playing like shit is an over statement...but he's not his normal defensive self.

The way Sergei is playing tonight...I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot again on the first line.

Man is Mullen seriously?

Give Andrei a roughing penalty? For getting punched in the face? Seriously...fire this joker.

If the Bruins wanted the PP...don't go after the player that hit him...don't let him punch a guy AND get the PP, it's either/or PP or revenge.

Edited by bar

Anyone else love that hit on Lucic. I sure did. I only wish that the had connected with Lucic' head. Would have loved that.

God are those whiny announcers on CBC annoying me.

Good job AK.

No clue what they are on aboot yet again. The Lucic hit wouldnt have been a penalty had he had the puck. Sure its an interference penalty but they keep going on like it was some horrible head hunting cheapshot. That hit doesnt even register a blip on the dangerous hits to the head radar.

Did he even hit his head? Thought he connected shoulder, may have followed through and hit the head, though. It was late.

Lucic knew what he was doing. He negated the PP by sending a message. All NHL players know that.

Funny, Milbury and Healey liked the hit, Healey thought it was late but not a head target. That's what I thought, so it's not rose coloured glasses on my part.

Every player is entitled to a mistake. Markov should have cut him off and he didn't. It's no indictment on Markov. Hockey ain't easy, even for the best. It's much easier to type it than to respond on the ice. No big deal really.

I'm not disagreeing with that but I still dont blame Markov, that was his mistake. ^_^

I'm sure the next time OB lets a guy go Markov will pick him up. However wouldnt it maske more sense to get OB to not let guys get around him like that?

Ryder pulled ahead of OB, but Ryder still had his stick to the back and far outside so it didnt look like a threat which was wrong. As soon as Ryder moved his stick 90 degrees to in front of him OB could no longer stop him. Sure Ryder wasnt fast enough with enough skill but a better player could have scored themselves with how OB played it.

If there's a switch, it needs to be communicated. I don't know if it was or not. So it's hard to say who was at fault. In the end, it's a team error.

I missed the goal, so I guess I'm a bit out of the loop. Still haven't seen it.

Anyways, enough bickering, let's go on period 3!

Hahah SEEEEEEEEEEERGEI...!

Bounces finally going his way. He's been mostly solid for weeks now.

Good kill to start off the period right and allow that bounce to happen, though!

Nice save by Jaro on Thornton with Chara right on his doorstep.

You know he's the player I most want good things to happen to, dunno what it is. Seems such an underdog.

There's a few of those guys on this team: Sergei, Jaro, Gorges most prominent. Darche and Metropolit as well.

Darche just got a chance too, good hustle.

Did he even hit his head? Thought he connected shoulder, may have followed through and hit the head, though. It was late.

Lucic knew what he was doing. He negated the PP by sending a message. All NHL players know that.

Funny, Milbury and Healey liked the hit, Healey thought it was late but not a head target. That's what I thought, so it's not rose coloured glasses on my part.

It was similar to the Stevens hit on Lindros. If you have your head down and get hit straigh on its impossible for the hitter to not hit you in the head because your head is in front of your shoulders. If thats a headshot then you could just put your head down and skate right in up to their goalie cuz nobody can hit you cuz your heads down. :lol:

O'Byrne always had what it took, it was just a matter of if he could do it with the Habs considering all that had happened in his early career here. So he's an underdog, but only because of how his NHL career started. Making it to the NHL was pretty natural for him (good progression in NCAA and AHL, good physical attributes right from draft day).

Crap. Lucic after a bad giveaway by Darche. 4th line is getting hemmed in consistently. Time to shorten the bench, Jacques.

What I was going to say before Halak bailed our butts out , was that something quite natural is occurring here. The Ruins are throwing everything they can at us, pulling out all the stops and going for broke. THey NEED this win.

We don't need a goal, or we'd be the ones flying at them and they'd be back on their heels.

I suspect that sitting back is often, not always, but often , just a natural turn of events when one team desperately needs a goal

I'm impressed with the consistent level of effort les boys are showing.

Hang in!

Two minutes!!

ONE MINUTE !

YA BABEEEEE!!!!!

Hell of a win!!!

Decent win.

Good point, Toronthab. The same thing happened with Anaheim on Sunday... Habs fired everything by the end and outshot them badly before tying it up at 3 after falling behind by 3 in the first. It's not just a Montreal thing. We saw it with Team Canada in the Gold Medal Game, too. And Team USA in the first Canada/USA game.