Habs @ Rangers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I am so glad my patience with the team this year seems to be paying off.

Maybe we should do as countless among you said a month or so ago, "blow up the team, fire sale, fire the coach, this team is a joke....."

Anyone want to be the first to eat some crow?

Let me! Let me! Although I still think we will have horrible economic problems for years and will lose our young talent when they want raises.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me! Let me! Although I still think we will have horrible economic problems for years and will lose our young talent when they want raises.

Interesting article on Bob Gainey being the guttsiest GM in years from CTV's Wilde

Habs Fever - Gainey's Grand Gamble

Updated: Tue Mar. 16 2010 8:02:07 AM

Brian Wilde, CTV Montreal Sports

One year ago today, the Montreal Canadiens were in disarray. They had just fired their head coach Guy Carbonneau. They were heading south in the standings going weeks between wins. As the season concluded, the club made the playoffs on the strength of an overtime loss and three regulation losses in their last four games. Obviously, they backed in.

The Habs were the second worst team in the entire National Hockey League after the All Star break last year - an All Star game in Montreal with the Habs well represented and Carbonneau as one of the assistant coaches. However, from the day of that All Star game it was an astounding trip downhill.

When last season concluded, the future for the Habs looked very grim. Ten unrestricted free agents were awaiting contract offers and a chance to choose to stay in Montreal or look for another home. Bob Gainey, the GM, had other ideas. These ideas were so bold it has been completely lost, I believe, on most people in hockey that Gainey may have made the gutsiest moves in the NHL in three decades.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CT...=MontrealSports

Compared to Gionta, Cammy, and Gomez.. he is a giant among men... :lol:

He may not be tall, but he doesn't get pushed around in front of the net like our smaller, skill guys.

I hope you mean "big" as in "somewhat fat". Metro is 5-10, 195!