Habs @ Rangers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ 2ad41a60.gif
35-29-6 for 76 points....................31-29-9 for 71 points
(t-6th East)...............................(9th East)

TV: RDS(HD), Versus(HD)
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

Forecaster's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
New York Player Stats

Projected Montreal Lineup

8471678.jpg8467351.jpg8467407.jpg
(57)Pouliot - (91)Gomez - (21)Gionta
8470603.jpg8469521.jpg8471768.jpg
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (94)Pyatt
8468635.jpg8468575.jpg8471859.jpg
(32)Moen - (42)Moore - (74)S.Kostitsyn
8468463.jpg8462823.jpg8470654.jpg
(52)Darche - (15)Metropolit - (40)Lapierre

8467496.jpg8470672.jpg
(79)Markov - (20)O'Byrne
8458938.jpg8467439.jpg
(44)Hamrlik - (6)Spacek
8459628.jpg8470324.jpg
(75)Gill - (26)Gorges

8470860.jpg
(41)Halak

8468685.jpg
Henrik Lundqvist is expected to be in net for the Rangers.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few notes on the game...Halak is starting although it could be a mistake letting Price sit for so long. After his recent play I think it'd be nice to see S.kost plopped up on the line with his bro and Plek. Pyatt really seems out of place on a scoring line, I'm not doubting his hustle and energy.

A few notes on the game...Halak is starting although it could be a mistake letting Price sit for so long. After his recent play I think it'd be nice to see S.kost plopped up on the line with his bro and Plek. Pyatt really seems out of place on a scoring line, I'm not doubting his hustle and energy.

This is Montreal we're talking about! It would make WAY too much sense to play a hot offensive player on an offensive line and an energy guy on an energy line.

True, but you can't argue with the results, don't change a winning lineup.

Huge game tonight, if the habs win in regulation they could go 6-5 down the stretch forcing the Rangers, lightning to go 10-3 to catch them.

I hope they are prepared, i have liked what i've seen since the oplympic break, let's see if they can keep it up.

Maxwell was called back up. Safety mesure in case Plex cant play?

This is Montreal we're talking about! It would make WAY too much sense to play a hot offensive player on an offensive line and an energy guy on an energy line.

True, but you can't argue with the results, don't change a winning lineup.

Huge game tonight, if the habs win in regulation they could go 6-5 down the stretch forcing the Rangers, lightning to go 10-3 to catch them.

I hope they are prepared, i have liked what i've seen since the oplympic break, let's see if they can keep it up.

Once Cammy returns, Pyatt will probably end up on the bus back to Hamilton (is he on the clear day roster?) Then Bergeron comes back and we start wondering who to scratch; because our PP has been absolutely horrible without MAB.

From a Lebrun article on ESPN.com:

First things first: the red-hot Canadiens. Montreal followed up an impressive 3-1-0 road trip after the Olympic break with three straight wins at home, including Saturday's 3-2 victory over the visiting Bruins. Drury has kept an eye on the Habs.

"I'm just impressed with how they did on that road trip and battling back in that one game when they were down 3-0 in Anaheim," Drury said. "We go to bed thinking it's 3-1 for the Ducks. You wake up and [Montreal] won 4-3 in a shootout. To come away with what they did on that trip, you couldn't help but notice. So it'll be a tough test for us."

What the Rangers need tonight against Montreal is Sean Avery to show up again after his two-goal, under-your-skin performance that helped the Rangers beat the rival Flyers on Sunday.

"The biggest thing is, even if he didn't score [sunday], he was playing straight ahead, getting pucks deep, finishing checks, just playing like we know he can," Drury said. "But certainly the two goals were a big boost for us."

The Canadiens and Rangers have a lot in common this season. They've driven their fans nuts at times with inconsistent play. They've both been written off many times. But they're both still alive, and both markets can overwhelm players during tough times.

Kozed, they really don't need MAB in the line up, recently they have been scoring 3-4 goals per game without much of a power play. Cammi will certainly help offense 5 on 5 and on the PP.

The 3rd and 4th lines are finally respectable and can play good minutes.

MAB is only effective when he is shooting the puck, so unless something changes, Cammi in, Pyatt down to hamilton and MAB a healthy scratch. If they clinch they can throw him back in for some work.

Maxwell was called back up. Safety mesure in case Plex cant play?

In a word, yes. :) Plekanec is listed as a game-time decision for this one.

Once Cammy returns, Pyatt will probably end up on the bus back to Hamilton (is he on the clear day roster?) Then Bergeron comes back and we start wondering who to scratch; because our PP has been absolutely horrible without MAB.

In a word, yes. :) Pyatt and Maxwell are the only ones up that are on the Clear Day roster.

Projected Ranger lines:

Prospal - Jokinen - Gaborik

Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

Avery - Christensen - Drury

Prust - Boyle - Shelley

Lisin, Voros as scratches though these aren't confirmed lines.

Staal - Rozsival

Del Zotto - Girardi

Redden - Gilroy

Lundqvist (probable but not confirmed)

Good one! :clap:;)

Cammi will certainly help offense 5 on 5 and on the PP.

I thikn Cammy has only 4 goals on the PP, so his contribution to the PP is not crucial! Most experts all agree that MAB is crucial for our PP. I'll accept their assesment of the situation rather than yours! You can't deny that 28 points in only 51 games is pretty important(for a d-man). Let's not forget that 20 of his 28 points came on the PP. Once again, that is not negligible!

Edited by Habsfan

Good one! :clap:;)

I thikn Cammy has only 4 goals on the PP, so his contribution to the PP is not crucial! Most experts all agree that MAB is crucial for our PP. I'll accept their assesment of the situation rather than yours! You can't deny that 28 points in only 51 games is pretty important(for a d-man). Let's not forget that 20 of his 28 points came on the PP. Once again, that is not negligeable!

MAB's wearing a negligee!? :huh: