Whatever happens, this has been really fun!

REV-G

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Montreal Canadiens INVENTED New Jersey Devil style hockey. We had it practically patented over the 1980s and until Pat Burns's departure. Even the 1970s team had an overarching commitment to team D. It's been aggravating to me to watch Jersey basically steal that model and win with it, while we floundered around pathetically. There's a reason Lou Ciagrillo tends to hire ex-habs to run his operation.

A further note. All you young fans watching this playoff: the kind of work ethic, leadership, discipline and team commitment that you're seeing from this group? It used to be something the Habs put out EVERY YEAR. Year in and year out. What's blowing you away right now is something that old coots like me used to take for granted from the Montreal Canadiens. Think about that and you start to undertand the real meaning of the

:hlogo:

Well said! I completely agree!

Edited by Habsfan

Réjean Lemelin!

I hated that guy too!

I hated Lemelin in those years. He was soo frustrating for our boys!

Yep. From 88-94 it was pretty frustrating. They only beat the Bruins once.

Yeah, but they made the stanley cup Finals twice! Which isn't bad at all!

Fans born pre 1975 have a different understanding of what constitutes the CH. It's just the way it is. I didn't celebrate first round victories, the concept was and is still absurd to ME

Agreed. I was born in 76' and I never celebrated 1st round wins. I am happy when they beat an opponent, but I don't go in the streets and act like an idiot!

If and when they'll win the cup, then I'll make sure to call in sick the next day at work, and spend the entire evening out in the streets celebrating!!

Edited by Habsfan

I hated Lemelin in those years. He was soo frustrating for our boys!

Yeah, but they made the stanley cup Finals twice! Which isn't bad at all!

Agreed. I was born in 76' and I never celebrated 1st round wins. I am happy when they beat an opponent, but I don't go in the streets and act like an idiot!

If and when they'll win the cup, then I'll make sure to call in sick the next day at work, and spend the entire evening out in the streets celebrating!!

I remember being pretty happy when Brad May scored in OT. I wanted nothing to do with the Bs in 1993.

Sigh, 17 years.

I think that they have a plan with Boucher. I think fans tend to get driven by fear, I do it all the time with Price.

I probably worry more about the possibility of them dealing Price in one day then Gauthier/Gainey have even thought about

it this season. Same thing with Boucher, none of us wants him to go anywhere, so we fear that he will.

I never worried about things like this through the 1980s, it is essentially the pain and fall out from Houle trading Patrick Roy.

A move so earth shattering for the fanbase that we still haven't recovered from it. We all know that at any point that any

player is vulnerable. Gainey cutting Koivu and Kovalev loose this summer hasn't helped, even though it was the right move.

Fans born pre 1975 have a different understanding of what constitutes the CH. It's just the way it is. I didn't celebrate first round

victories, the concept was and is still absurd to ME. I understand why the fanbase does it, I just think it is silly to celebrate a job

that is 25% done. It is like acting like you won the Superbowl because you lead after the first quarter.

Patrick Roy's been traded!!!! ??? WHEN!!! ??? To WHOM!! ?? :puke:

What time is it??!!

oh..its ok.. :blink: