Markov Injury Re-Injury v2.01

johnnyhasbeen

Tony Marinaro now debunking his old report from 2 weeks ago that said he'd be out about 4 months and is claiming he'll miss a calendar year. Meanwhile, actual people in the know have confirmed there will be a meeting of the minds (Markov, Gauthier, Meehan, and Mulder) tomorrow to determine the best course of action. We'll actually know something soon by the sounds of it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montreal will never let Markov go regardless of his injury. A proffessional always adapts under any given situation. Markov has got the rare hockey talent which makes everybody around him better. Montreal will sign him for 5 to 6 million dollars hopefully to a 5 year contract and retire here in montreal and that is my conviction. :rolleyes:

Ditto.

Tony Marinaro now debunking his old report from 2 weeks ago that said he'd be out about 4 months and is claiming he'll miss a calendar year. Meanwhile, actual people in the know have confirmed there will be a meeting of the minds (Markov, Gauthier, Meehan, and Mulder) tomorrow to determine the best course of action. We'll actually know something soon by the sounds of it.

Marinaro got it right, before anyone else. He does have his sources.

Marinaro got it right, before anyone else. He does have his sources.

Sometimes he gets it right but other times not so much. The fact he had to debunk his own original report (4 months) to get it right says something. I've always been a proponent of 'get it right, not get it first,' that's why you rarely see me or anyone else attempt to break a story on the site. On the rare occasions we have broken stories before, we take extra care to make sure it's right without having to retract or modify what we've posted as everyone else did in this instance.

The original 4 month was the information he had at the time. When more was known, he was the first to report it. It's wild, but suddenly we aren't in cap trouble anymore. No way does Markov get a raise, or even a long term deal. And add in Hamrlik's money, and we've got 12 million to spend next summer.

From what I have read so far, I have got the feeling that Gauthier will make an offer for Markov. I would say that a three years contract for $4 M sounds reasonable to me, given the risk. Anyhow, we will see before July.

As for the cap space, we are in good position for the trade deadline. Martin has all the time to evaluate youngsters like Weber, Pax, Palushaj or Desharnais. Closer to the deadline, depending of how the team performs, we could witness some interesting moves. It would be better if Markov was healthy, but I still feel that Gauthier is in a very good position.