GDT: Montreal vs San Jose, Dec. 4

bar

Weber will have growing pains, too. It seems like being able to practice with the team the past two weeks has helped him... before when he played, he was called up and put right into the fire and couldn't handle it. He's more experienced now, but I think just practicing with the team has made him more comfortable.

I'm not so sure that he couldn't handle being thrown into the fire, I think playing the wing may have done that to him. He does look more comfortable as a whole though, that's for sure.

I'm not so sure that he couldn't handle being thrown into the fire, I think playing the wing may have done that to him. He does look more comfortable as a whole though, that's for sure.

And, somehow, Picard seems to pair up very nicely with both of the Habs younger blueliners. For all the talk of what to do with Hamrlik, Gorges, Gill and Markov come season's end, if he continues his solid play, Picard will have to be part of that discussion as well.

And, somehow, Picard seems to pair up very nicely with both of the Habs younger blueliners. For all the talk of what to do with Hamrlik, Gorges, Gill and Markov come season's end, if he continues his solid play, Picard will have to be part of that discussion as well.

At least in his (and Gorges') case, they'll be RFA's which helps the cause.

Picard becomes part of the discussion later. Part of the reason we're winning this year is finding quality players on the cheap (Halpern, Picard, Darche). That will have to continue to be a part of our success in the future. If those guys are no longer cheap, they aren't as useful to us. Goats has to have confidence he can continue to plug holes in the lineup by finding quality, cheap, depth players.

Gorges and Kostitsyn will get good contracts from the Habs next year. The older D will get some money as well, maybe not as much as they got previously. That might afford us to give one of those cheap guys a true market value deal for a year, but it has to be a later priority, IMO.

I really liked the Picard pickup when it happened because, well... he'd played a lot of NHL games at a young age and came with no drawbacks considering his salary. That he's stepped up as well as he has is quite a nice surprise. But I don't think he's an integral part of our future at this point.

I don't know our record but if you think an afternoon game is bad for the Habs, consider the fact that it's technically a morning game for the Sharks. Of all the teams to schedule an afternoon game against, this is one of the last teams you'd think of.

Glad I started on page I because I didn't know it was an afternoon game.

This had me check RDS and sure enough, at 6:45 I'm wathcing the express game.

Whew! Thanks guys.

Sharks showing the Habs and Price more love than TSN and then NHL did:

"We knew coming in they were a very good defensive team probably with the best goaltender in the league right now, you have to score more than one," said Sharks coach Todd McLellan.

"We got to score some goals, he (Price) made some good saves on us but the bottom line is you need to score goals to win games," said Heatley. "We had a lot of shots, some were quality, some were from the outside, but if you let Carey see any shots he'll stop them. He had a lot of easy saves."

"Very excited to play here, I felt comfortable, thought my game went well," said Vlasic. "Skated with the puck, joined the rush but just couldn't get anything done with the way they play in the neutral zone."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=344136

Seems like word is getting round the league.

Sharks showing the Habs and Price more love than TSN and then NHL did:

"We knew coming in they were a very good defensive team probably with the best goaltender in the league right now, you have to score more than one," said Sharks coach Todd McLellan.

"We got to score some goals, he (Price) made some good saves on us but the bottom line is you need to score goals to win games," said Heatley. "We had a lot of shots, some were quality, some were from the outside, but if you let Carey see any shots he'll stop them. He had a lot of easy saves."

"Very excited to play here, I felt comfortable, thought my game went well," said Vlasic. "Skated with the puck, joined the rush but just couldn't get anything done with the way they play in the neutral zone."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=344136

Seems like word is getting round the league.

Yes, and I love every word. Those are the kind of quotations you used to read about the New Jersey Devils. :hlogo: And that suits me just fine.

I really liked the Picard pickup when it happened because, well... he'd played a lot of NHL games at a young age and came with no drawbacks considering his salary. That he's stepped up as well as he has is quite a nice surprise. But I don't think he's an integral part of our future at this point.

I'm going to say he is a part of the team's integral future due to the following reasons. #1. He is still young #2. He is very disciplined and is a JM type player #3. He can easily fill an aging defenceman's role (Ex: hamrlik asks for too much next season).

Yes, and I love every word. Those are the kind of quotations you used to read about the New Jersey Devils. :hlogo: And that suits me just fine.

The thing that is telling about the Habs is the way that every player who replaces another seems to fit in seemlessly..

That is the sign of a strong system and team. When all of a sudden everybody starts talking about how good Darche, Halpern, Picard etc

are, you know that good things are beginning to happen.