Habs' Scoreboard Watching

dlbalr

I wasn't being negative. I am saying if they can't win a game in the final 4 and soemone passes them they can't blame any but themselves.

I think the season will be a big success considering everything that went on with injuries. Especially making the playoffs.

I wasn't being negative. I am saying if they can't win a game in the final 4 and soemone passes them they can't blame any but themselves.

I think the season will be a big success considering everything that went on with injuries. Especially making the playoffs.

Yep. If they can't close out a playoff spot with 1 victory against 3 non-eastern playoff teams then they deserve what they get.

I don't care how hot the Devils/Leafs are playing. Anybody can beat anybody on any night and the Habs have 4 shots to control their own destiny.

The hypothetical point scenarios with percentages based on the most recent overnight simulation:

94 points or higher: In (clinched)

93 points: 99.9%

92 points: 98.7-98.8%

91 points: 92.8%

90 points: 78.2%

89 points: 50.5%

The Habs deserve whatever they are willing to show up and compete for. Whether that's winning the cup, losing in the first round or somewhere in between.

It's been a long year and they've fought back admirably up to this point. Granted the last 2 weeks have not been good to MTL.

I'm with you. I have a lot of admiration for this team, and let's remember that one would have to be a little on the insanse side and definitely not human to maintain some kind of freakish 'enthusiasm' with three and four games per week over an 82 game season.

JM and PG have done a wonderful job in the face of crippling losses right from the outset and have put a half AHL team into a much better position than a lot of other teams, so kudos and thanks to them.

I've got 5 bucks says we're in. :canada::quebec::clap::)

I love these new smileys guys... Wonderful to be in Toronto and put in a Quebec flag, for I LOVE Quebec!

Today's odds based on points (since I'm too lazy to convert this to HTML to use in the first post...):

94 points or higher: In (clinched)

93 points (1-2-0 or 0-1-2): 99.8%

92 points (0-2-1): 97.9%

91 points (0-3-0): 86.7%

Don't think that can work Sask, cause you have to factor in the rags in that magic number for sixth. It's magic number 5 for 6th for Buff and 4 for the Rags.

Don't think that can work Sask, cause you have to factor in the rags in that magic number for sixth. It's magic number 5 for 6th for Buff and 4 for the Rags.

4 is the magic number for 7th. :)

To put it simpler: 5 is our magic number to finish ahead of the Sabres, 4 to finish ahead of the Rangers, 2 to finish ahead of the Hurricanes. 2 would guarantee at least 8th, 4 would guarantee at least 7th, 5 would guarantee 6th.

So, we're both right!

Today's odds:

93 points or higher: In (clinched)

92 points (0-2-1): 91.8%

91 points (0-3-0): 80.9%

Note that clinching scenarios over the next two days are noted in the chart in the first post.

Just because the Habs are in now doesn't mean that the numbers game ends. The 1st post will still be updated with who to cheer for in terms of helping with positioning (they should be obvious, but the projected change is still interesting). Today's odds (and tomorrow's as there are no games of note tonight though Carolina/Detroit interests me), taking a new look at things:

97 points (2-0-0): 100% 6th

96 points (1-0-1): 100% 6th

95 points (1-0-0, 0-0-2): 73% 6th, 27% 7th

94 points (0-1-1): 32% 6th, 49% 7th, 18% 8th (numbers are rounded to the nearest whole, making up for the missing 1%)

93 points (0-2-0): 9% 6th, 46% 7th, 45% 8th

Here's the scenarios as far as I can tell from looking at the standings:

- With a Hab win, a Sabres regulation loss, or 2 OT/SO losses between the two, the Habs will finish 6th. A Buffalo win and Hab loss (OT/SO) puts Montreal 7th. Habs hold the ROW tiebreak on Buffalo.

- If Boston loses tomorrow, or Philly wins (in reg/OT unless Boston wins in a SO), the Bruins will finish 3rd.

- If Philly loses in regulation, Boston wins, and Pittsburgh wins, Boston finishes 3rd. If Pittsburgh loses (either reg/OT/SO) and the rest stay the same, Boston finishes 2nd, Pittsburgh 3rd, Philly 4th.

So with all that in mind (hope it made sense), which scenario(s) is/are most ideal?