Final 2 East Playoff Spots

bbp

Okay, lets hedge some bets, who is in who is not.

I do not think the Leafs or Hurricanes will be in it.

I am thinking a three way 90 pts tie between Devils, Buffalo, Rangers ending like this...

7) New Jersey Devils- 90

8) New York Rangers- 90

9) Buffalo Sabers- 90

What are others predictions?

Edited by bbp

I really want the Devils to make it because they'd have the best chance of beating Philly. But I don't see it happening.

I'll say NYR and Buffalo, maybe around 87 points and 86 points respectively.

Edited by BTH

I'm saying the Rangers and Sabres as well. They will end in the 88 to 90 point gap.

Same here, Carolina and the others are just too far back I think. Assuming both BUF/NYR go around .500 the rest of the way, 89 points seems to be around what 8th will get.

I'm not sure which teams I want in. Personally I would love to know their records against the other teams.

i.e. Sabers & Cannes series records against Philly, and the Rags against Wash & Bos.

Basically whats the likely hood of the Habs not having to face either Philly or Bos? That would be awesome if Philly & Bos could get knocked out by teams other than the Habs. Unfortunately I dont think theres a high probablity in that scenario, but theres still slight hope.

I'm not sure which teams I want in. Personally I would love to know their records against the other teams.

i.e. Sabers & Cannes series records against Philly, and the Rags against Wash & Bos.

BUF vs PHI: Philly leads 2-1, 1 game in April

CAR vs PHI: Philly wins 3-1

NYR vs WSH: Rangers win 3-1 (inc. 1 shootout win)

NYR vs BOS: Series tied 1-1, still 2 games to play this year.

Cool, thx!!

I guess NJ is technically still in, but they dont realistically have a chance, theyre just not mathematically eliminated yet.

Like I said earlier: I sure hope that Bos & Philly can get knocked out in the 1sr rnd by a team thats not the Habs.

I know its a long shot, but if that happens the Habs chances of going deep will be a lot higher.

Rangers are crapping the bed against the Isles tonight. 5-1, do you think their fanbase thinks they are quitters or gutless?

From reading some comments on different boards from their fans, yes I do believe some feel that way. They shouldn't, but evidently it's not just Montreal fans who overreact. Wonder what Lundqvist is playing through, it was noted yesterday that he's not exactly 100%.