Are we seeing a trend or is this just a temporary problem?

REV-G

Back to the original question. After beating Phil and Boston x 2 - yummy! How is everyone feeling about November? Predictions?

I like the look of the schedule. We're going to learn a lot about this team. Especially from Nov 19-30. I am really looking forward to Edmonton at the Bell and the Buffalo rematch.

I'm betting that the Habs win more than lose, and that we'll be back up above .500, in 7th or 8th in the East, by the end of the month.

The real gravy comes after Markov returns and has a few games to get back in the groove. December will be fun.

Back to the original question. After beating Phil and Boston x 2 - yummy! How is everyone feeling about November? Predictions?

I like the look of the schedule. We're going to learn a lot about this team. Especially from Nov 19-30. I am really looking forward to Edmonton at the Bell and the Buffalo rematch.

I'm betting that the Habs win more than lose, and that we'll be back up above .500, in 7th or 8th in the East, by the end of the month.

The real gravy comes after Markov returns and has a few games to get back in the groove. December will be fun.

Seeing Markov again will be strange haha

Ha ha, I love the optimism.

I predict a losing streak once Markov returns. Star player comes back, team loses: Lord knows I've seen THAT movie.

Yeah its common. Guys work hard to make up for stars abscence then expect that he is superman and will do everything on his return and they no longer have to work as hard. Happens all the time. Hopefully the leaders on this team recognize and avoid the trap.

Yeah its common. Guys work hard to make up for stars abscence then expect that he is superman and will do everything on his return and they no longer have to work as hard. Happens all the time. Hopefully the leaders on this team recognize and avoid the trap.

His partner will have to be one of the veterans.

I've often thought that what happens there is that the player who fills in for the fallen star gets knocked out of his groove. Instead of thinking outlet pass or skate, he thinks "that guy is better than me at this so I need to get him the puck. It temporarily interupts chemistry and happens more often than not.

It's funny how that happens, but it does. The Habs lost 3 of 4 when Markov returned last year.

It's funny how that happens, but it does. The Habs lost 3 of 4 when Markov returned last year.

sure, but then they picked it up, started winning, and pumped Carolina in the game he was eventually injured in. They may lose a couple or few when he returns, but once Markov is in the groove, he adds a whole other dimension to the power play and overall offensive game of the team.

Yes but it is not like these guys even remember playing with Markov and I really believe he will be playing a diminished role for his first 5-11 games back.

Well most of these guys haven't played with him.

Emelin, Diaz, Subban hasn't really, I don't know about Weber.

Yes but it is not like these guys even remember playing with Markov and I really believe he will be playing a diminished role for his first 5-11 games back.

Its not about playing with him. Its just human nature that when he returns they'll spend 2-3 games waiting for him to make the big play and be the saviour. Hopefully vets like Gill and Gorges recognize that this is likely to happen and keep the kids in line.

That's why I decided never to play for the Habs. I just knew that they'd try to coast on my superstar status. OK.... so I gave up the dream... but..hey,.. McDonald's is warm in the winter months. It worked out well for everyone.

sure, but then they picked it up, started winning, and pumped Carolina in the game he was eventually injured in. They may lose a couple or few when he returns, but once Markov is in the groove, he adds a whole other dimension to the power play and overall offensive game of the team.

Yummy yummy..... I'm dribbling...