Habs vs Coyotes, Nov. 10, 9 PM EST

dlbalr

They both sit, because the only way to teach a rookie is to make him second guess every play he makes. If he isn't perfect like Gill or Spacek, he doesn't deserve time. Martin does a great job at building confidence.

+1

Ever since I was old enough to remember stuff, the MTL staff has been atrocious with rookies. We got lucky with Pleks only because of his two-way play + playing with Kovalev, and to a lesser extent, AK.

We've never allowed a super star to emerge.

Rewind it on your pvr to the 2 on 1 and explain to me what exactly it is that Desharnais is doing. Or I can tell you : nothing. The trailer Desharnais's feet are not moving and he's at the Coyote blue line just spectating, and pacio had to shoot. 2 more steps from desharnais and it's a rocket from the point with 3 coyotes screening their own goalie and pacioretty waiting to pick up the trash.

LET ME COACH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO ANGRY

Rewind it on your pvr to the 2 on 1 and explain to me what exactly it is that Desharnais is doing. Or I can tell you : nothing. The trailer Desharnais's feet are not moving and he's at the Coyote blue line just spectating, and pacio had to shoot. 2 more steps from desharnais and it's a rocket from the point with 3 coyotes screening their own goalie and pacioretty waiting to pick up the trash.

LET ME COACH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO ANGRY

I agree. Desh is making tons of mistakes. Why isn't he glued to the bench like Emelin? Desh may have potential, but I'm tired of seeing him - right now, he's nowhere near good enough.

I agree. Desh is making tons of mistakes. Why isn't he glued to the bench like Emelin? Desh may have potential, but I'm tired of seeing him - right now, he's nowhere near good enough.

Emelin has potential to..

You want Nokelainen on the top 3 lines?

You want Nokelainen on the top 3 lines?

Yes. Replace Desh with Eller and let Noke play in Eller's spot with Polushaj and Darche.

And I wasn't insinuating back there that Emelin didn't have potential. I was just talking about how Martin is killing confidence, but has a love-fest going on with Desh, who's been atrocious.

How can you not love Cole. He's the most direct player we've seen in Montreal in ages. And he has the size to back it up. Between he and Patches, we have two very solid power forwards, IMO.

They both sit, because the only way to teach a rookie is to make him second guess every play he makes. If he isn't perfect like Gill or Spacek, he doesn't deserve time. Martin does a great job at building confidence.

I've been saying that since Martin's first week on the job. Veterans feel free to make as many mistakes as you want. Rookies and kids, you better not show any creativity that may result in a turnover and better hold that stick tight otherwise your ass will be glued to the pine.

How can you not love Cole. He's the most direct player we've seen in Montreal in ages. And he has the size to back it up. Between he and Patches, we have two very solid power forwards, IMO.

I'd like to see Eller between them while Ak46 is out and then when AK46/Cammy/Gomez are back have the following lines:

Cole-Eller-Ak46

Cammy-Pleks-MaxPac

Gionta-Gomez-DD

Darche-Nokelainen-Moen

Yes. Replace Desh with Eller and let Noke play in Eller's spot with Polushaj and Darche.

And I wasn't insinuating back there that Emelin didn't have potential. I was just talking about how Martin is killing confidence, but has a love-fest going on with Desh, who's been atrocious.

DD should be on the wing. He was much better last year when he was on the wing, while Eller started emerging when he was at centre. So naturally, to start the year, Martin had Eller on the wing and DD at centre.

Hit the net, score a goal.

Hitting the net would be one thing, but I can't believe Gorges's shot placement on that one - it was almost like it was Markov :P