Nathan Beaulieu signs ELC

Commandant

Great news. Hopefully we are seeing a strong foundation being laid for the coming years both in Hamilton and Montreal.

Personally, when I look at the young guys who have recently signed or who are about to, and likely a great 1st round pick this year, not to mention the later rounds, and the managment team that Marc Bergevin is putting together, I am more excited about our team that I have been for a long time. The biggest reason is that I believe we have a great top management team which gives me confidence that we will see some of the best player choices and decisions that we have seen in a long long time.

So assume the report on Nygren possibly signing is legit...

Beaulieu - Ellis

Tinordi - Nygren

Stejskel - Pateryn

And that's not even including re-signing RFA's St Denis, Nash and Mitera, plus UFAs Stafford and Callahan...

Can Stejskel even be considered a veteran? This lineup is scary inexperienced.

Don't forget Nash.

Also St. Denis.

I think that Nygren or Stejskel, could end up in the ECHL too.

And I think they need to sign Stafford or another Vet... have one guy in a journeyman role to act almost as a player coach.

Great news. Hopefully we are seeing a strong foundation being laid for the coming years both in Hamilton and Montreal.

Personally, when I look at the young guys who have recently signed or who are about to, and likely a great 1st round pick this year, not to mention the later rounds, and the managment team that Marc Bergevin is putting together, I am more excited about our team that I have been for a long time. The biggest reason is that I believe we have a great top management team which gives me confidence that we will see some of the best player choices and decisions that we have seen in a long long time.

Unfortunately, I remember only too well the arrival of Gainey. With him, Carbo, Timmins, and Andre Savard, I was completely convinced we had one of the best, if not THE best, brain trusts in the game. What did it yield? A return to annual competitiveness, one great regular season, and one great playoff over 10 years. That's thin gruel when compared with expectations. I'll refrain from getting too excited this time until I start seeing real results on the ice. But yes, there is reason for cautious optimism.

Unfortunately, I remember only too well the arrival of Gainey. With him, Carbo, Timmins, and Andre Savard, I was completely convinced we had one of the best, if not THE best, brain trusts in the game. What did it yield? A return to annual competitiveness, one great regular season, and one great playoff over 10 years. That's thin gruel when compared with expectations. I'll refrain from getting too excited this time until I start seeing real results on the ice. But yes, there is reason for cautious optimism.

Well... this time we have a legit core of youth (I know we "did" then to...) but this crew is of better pedigree... and drafted by Timmins :D!

The last developments look promising, but we have seen no results yet. Let's be patient, at the end of the day, the game is played on the ice, by a collectivity of individuals who are yet to be put together. In other words, most of the work remains ahead.

I miss Uncle Bob. I thought he was and is a great man and a very good sort of GM. Didn't other GM"s consider him pretty top drawer?

In any case, that time is over, and I sure wish uncle Bob all the best. Great man.

I too am very optimistic about the group we have going forward.

Go Habs Go!

• Upvote 1

I miss Uncle Bob. I thought he was and is a great man and a very good sort of GM. Didn't other GM"s consider him pretty top drawer?

In any case, that time is over, and I sure wish uncle Bob all the best. Great man.

I too am very optimistic about the group we have going forward.

Go Habs Go!

My fundamental respect for Bob Gainey remain undimmed, but I do think serious questions have to be raised about his judgement in appointing Gauthier his successor. You can't just walk away from a monster mistake like that and expect nobody to re-evaluate whether you really have your head on straight.

My fundamental respect for Bob Gainey remain undimmed, but I do think serious questions have to be raised about his judgement in appointing Gauthier his successor. You can't just walk away from a monster mistake like that and expect nobody to re-evaluate whether you really have your head on straight.

What pisses me off about that is that when everyone was calling for Martin's head, I was saying he should stay and gauthier be fired. I still think Martin is the best coach available for Montreal.