2012 Bulldogs Offseason Tracker

dlbalr

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton is reporting cutting three more players/ the only tryout remaining is Corbin

Scratch that notion/ Insideout has Corbin gone too! So much for that!

Seems to be cutting it quite thin, to only have 6-dmen of which 4 are rookies?

I am all for giving these 4 rookies lots of minutes but?

Must have some back up plan i assume, Hagel can play d? or is Stejskal basically the 7th man?

Seems to be cutting it quite thin, to only have 6-dmen of which 4 are rookies?

I am all for giving these 4 rookies lots of minutes but?

Must have some back up plan i assume, Hagel can play d? or is Stejskal basically the 7th man?

Hagel has played D in the past, the press release that they issued back in July when they signed him listed him as a d-man. I suspect he'll be the 7th D, used for opponents that may have more tough guys than usual.

Edit: Reading some of the comments elsewhere, Corbin was in the original press release but later was removed. So maybe he's still around then, I don't know.

Hagel has played D in the past, the press release that they issued back in July when they signed him listed him as a d-man. I suspect he'll be the 7th D, used for opponents that may have more tough guys than usual.

Edit: Reading some of the comments elsewhere, Corbin was in the original press release but later was removed. So maybe he's still around then, I don't know.

yes hockey inside/out says all 4 gone, AHL bulldogs release says just 3 of them?

I know dick-all about Corbin, but a gritty good sized WHL d-man, born in Quebec i think, on paper anyways, would seem a good spare addition even if sent to ECHL to start out? But i had thought similarily about Stejskal who struggled last year (as did almost every Bulldog though, cept maybe Nattinen and 1 or 2 others)

Not sure what that was all about. Did management change their mind or maybe Corbin changed his mind or did the press just get imformation wrong? Anyway Welcome aboard.

It could very well be a technicality. Was Corbin released? Actually, yes. He was released from his tryout deal in order to sign his AHL contract. So the original release, of which I never got a chance to read, could have read that the players were released from their tryouts which is technically correct but was amended to remove Corbin entirely to remove any potential chance for confusion.

Inside/out in the Corbin article today makes it clear that there was a five hour delay in his release and resigning announcement. The good news is that it seems obvious that someone of importance up there is reading the habsworld forum.

Bobby Farnham, one of the better tryouts at camp, has signed in Wheeling so the Habs may still be keeping tabs on him. Looking at the Nailers' roster, they're going to be a very young team as well. Also in ECHL news, Scott Gomez is no longer with Alaska having been released from his tryout agreement (of which it was just for practice purposes anyways). http://echl.com/echl-transactions-oct-10-p179619

Daultan Leveille is apparently with Wheeling now, not quite sure how that happened. Olivier Fortier is now part of the Orlando Solar Bears (affiliate of Minnesota) but remains property of Hamilton to call up if necessary. Cody Wild, who was at Hamilton's training camp, has also signed with Wheeling.

Ever better news, tomorrow marks the start of the season which means this can be closed soon.

Using the EChl site proclaiming starting rosters / and they don't have all the rosters up/ players of note

Orlando- Fortier will be joining ex bulldogs Derick Martin and Thomas Beauregard

Idaho- Ben Ondrus

Fort Wayne- Scott Kishel

Bakersfield- Olivier Dame-Malka

Just to add a few to what you've posted with ties to last year:

Hunter Bishop is with South Carolina (glad he made the team, I'm happy for him after that severe concussion).

Andrew Conboy, after getting cut from his AHL tryout, is with Trenton.

Trevor Hendrixx, who played briefly with Hamilton last year, is with San Francisco (joining Beauregard who is now with the Gulls).

Wow, looking at those rosters, there are a lot of other ex-Bulldogs (or former tryouts) kicking around. The ECHL will certainly be a bit more interesting to follow this year given the extra talent down there.