2013 NHL Draft Thread

Commandant

Not a big fan of Domi. Take away the name and he is only in 20 -to -40 range isnt he?

Wouldnt Josh Morrissey, Eric Roy, Darnell Nurse or Kerby Rychel be better looking prospect than a Domi?

How big will that Russian d-man, Nikita Zadorov, be come draft time? He is 6'4" and still growing they say.

Domi put up nearly 50 points as a 16 year old. Those aren't because of his name.

Sure Domi may be a good prospect but; not top ten is he?

Domi was on a stacked OHL team; whereas, say a Josh Morrissey had 40 points as a d-man on a shit team, as a 16 year old

Rychel had 41 goals

Roy 53 points as a d-man

and Nurse will be a solid big d-man most likely, with a bit better bloodlines than a goon.

Should see how they all play in next months tourny's eh.

Domi was also getting 3rd line minutes on that stacked team, whereas Rychel was playing a lot of minutes in Windsor.

Things can obviously change, as seen by Athansiou and Ebert, and the first test will be the Hlinka, but right now I've got him near the bottom of the top 10. He's got a ton of skill.

What the hell do i know?

I see him as an Archambault the 2nd type, small and skilled but..even make the NHL?

I just see so much more NHL potential in a Darnell Nurse or others i noted and havent been that impressed by Domi. He was the 1 in the top ten i question and would have more like 20th or later.

For a defensive defenceman like Nurse I'm gonna need to see him perform against top lines before I put him in the top 10. He didn't do that last year (most 16 year olds don't in all fairness); but to put a D with limited offence that high, I've gotta see how he does against the best in the CHL first.

Domi was also getting 3rd line minutes on that stacked team, whereas Rychel was playing a lot of minutes in Windsor.

After refusing to report to Barrie where he was drafted, safe to say I'm not rooting for him. (Pointless to the conversation but seeing his name riled me up a bit...)

After refusing to report to Barrie where he was drafted, safe to say I'm not rooting for him. (Pointless to the conversation but seeing his name riled me up a bit...)

Domi refused to report to Kingston and threatened to go the NCAA route if he didn't get traded, so they are even on that front.

Hopefully we're not looking at a top 16 pick next year. This years draft was said to be short on talent, but I'm more along the line of thin king that canadian talent was low in this draft, but otherwise, it'll turn out to be just as good as most. I'm not amazed by the top prospects for next years draft anymore than this years.

Hopefully we're not looking at a top 16 pick next year. This years draft was said to be short on talent, but I'm more along the line of thin king that canadian talent was low in this draft, but otherwise, it'll turn out to be just as good as most. I'm not amazed by the top prospects for next years draft anymore than this years.

MacKinnon and Jones are studs, after that though I'd take Galchenyuk over Monahan.

When a scout or GM talks about the strength of a draft though, they are talking about guys drafted 15-30, not necessarily the top picks.

Next year looks a little stronger right now, but its really early. The 2012 draft looked really deep at this time last year, and then injuries and disappointing performances changed people's outlook on it.

I'm still of the mind that it was much stronger than given credit for.

MacKinnon and Jones are studs, after that though I'd take Galchenyuk over Monahan.

When a scout or GM talks about the strength of a draft though, they are talking about guys drafted 15-30, not necessarily the top picks.

Next year looks a little stronger right now, but its really early. The 2012 draft looked really deep at this time last year, and then injuries and disappointing performances changed people's outlook on it.

I'm still of the mind that it was much stronger than given credit for.

2010-2011-2012 were probably fairly similar in quality and will likely play out to be "average" drafts.

But when weak draft is brought up, 2004 seems to be a perfect example.

2010-2011-2012 were probably fairly similar in quality and will likely play out to be "average" drafts.

But when weak draft is brought up, 2004 seems to be a perfect example.

1999, 2004, 2007, take your pick

The Habs got 3 amazing draft picks in 2007 despite the weakness though, so players are still there. Stupid Gomez trade

1999, 2004, 2007, take your pick

The Habs got 3 amazing draft picks in 2007 despite the weakness though, so players are still there. Stupid Gomez trade

It's Corsi/Moneypuck silliness but Subban and McDonaugh were top 10 for defenceman in the league in having great numbers against stronger competition. Weber and Kaberle were top 5 in D-men having bad numbers against weaker competition...

• 2 weeks later...

If the upcoming season was lost due to a lockout, would we get the 3rd pick in next years draft?

(null)

The 2005 Crosby draft had the following formula

All teams start with three lottery balls

- every time you had the first overall pick in the last three years, lose one ball.

- every time you made the playoffs in the last three years, lose one ball

If you have 0 lottery balls, you get 1 back, to ensure every team has one.

Then they drew the entire order from pick 1-30 out of the lottery machine.

The second round was whoever had pick #1 would get pick #60, and whoever had pick #30 would get pick 31.

Same for every subsequent round... ie team with pick 60, got pick 61.... etc...

So seeing as we made the playoffs 2 out of last 3 years we would only get one ball?

Too bad, as I thought it could be a silver lining to a lockout although I doubt any lockout would wipe out the whole season.

(null)

So seeing as we made the playoffs 2 out of last 3 years we would only get one ball?

Too bad, as I thought it could be a silver lining to a lockout although I doubt any lockout would wipe out the whole season.

(null)

If they use the same rules as 2005, yes we would only have 1 ball

There is no guarantee they use the same rules though, they could change it. I dont think they would change, but they are not bound to use the same formula

If they use the same rules as 2005, yes we would only have 1 ball

There is no guarantee they use the same rules though, they could change it. I dont think they would change, but they are not bound to use the same formula

I really don't want lock out.