Habs trade predictions

dlbalr

Forget about it. We need Cammy in the lineup as much as a hole in the head.

Iginla and Jagr have been traded. Name me another suggestion. Talking about Cammalleri is the same as talking about acquiring Iginla or Jagr, that is of a prime sniper.

It's hard to forget what Cammy did for us in the playoffs of 2010 and 2011:

2010: 13 goals in 19 games

2011: 3 goals in 7 games

We have not made the playoffs since, so maybe you forget how playoffs hockey is totally different than season hockey. We don't know how will react our youngsters under that amount of pressure and intensity.

I doubt that he'll be traded but that's not a crazy discussion. Not crazier than to talk about acquiring Iggy or Jagr.

Cammy looks a lot worse given that the cap is set to fall and he's a $6 million cap hit. He's a bit like Luongo in that sense - nobody doubts, or at least nobody with any sense would doubt, that he'd be an impact addition, but do you really want to be on the hook for that salary given the CBA situation? A team that's going 'all in' to win might do it, but I don't get the impression that that is how MB wants to run his operation.

Iginla and Jagr have been traded. Name me another suggestion. Talking about Cammalleri is the same as talking about acquiring Iginla or Jagr, that is of a prime sniper.

It's hard to forget what Cammy did for us in the playoffs of 2010 and 2011:

2010: 13 goals in 19 games

2011: 3 goals in 7 games

We have not made the playoffs since, so maybe you forget how playoffs hockey is totally different than season hockey. We don't know how will react our youngsters under that amount of pressure and intensity.

I doubt that he'll be traded but that's not a crazy discussion. Not crazier than to talk about acquiring Iggy or Jagr.

We are in 2013. I thought that we had too many small players in the lineup. Two years older doesn't make him taller, but sure makes him slower. No, he really is not a solution. Bourque will do a better job tham him and he is close to being ready. Don't live in the past.

We are in 2013. I thought that we had too many small players in the lineup. Two years older doesn't make him taller, but sure makes him slower. No, he really is not a solution. Bourque will do a better job tham him and he is close to being ready. Don't live in the past.

??

He's 30... much younger than Iggy or Jagr

Cammy looks a lot worse given that the cap is set to fall and he's a $6 million cap hit. He's a bit like Luongo in that sense - nobody doubts, or at least nobody with any sense would doubt, that he'd be an impact addition, but do you really want to be on the hook for that salary given the CBA situation? A team that's going 'all in' to win might do it, but I don't get the impression that that is how MB wants to run his operation.

the only way that a deal would work with CGY is if they take Kaberle as part of the deal. Then we can buyout Cammy in the Summer.

The Habs are fifth in goals per game and second in five on five scoring.

There is no reason to panic and bring in a guy like Cammalleri until we know for sure if the team has trouble scoring in the post season. In other words, no sense this season but maybe next season as a pure rental.

The Habs are fifth in goals per game and second in five on five scoring.

There is no reason to panic and bring in a guy like Cammalleri until we know for sure if the team has trouble scoring in the post season. In other words, no sense this season but maybe next season as a pure rental.

yes but offense is spread out. If we need a goal to stay alive with 2 minutes left, which wingers do you send out? That's why we've been talking about adding a goal scorer like Jagr and Iginly. Those 2 are gone, and someone on the board suggested the name of Cammy. Many seem to have forget he scored 13 goals in 19 games in the playoffs of 2010, and just remember how he became useless and a peripheral player the next season. He didn't fit in the team anymore, and we needed players like Bourque. Now the team has changed considerably. We've got many good wingers that go the net, but lack the sniper. Ryder is one, but a serious team that want to go deep can't seriously rely on him as their main sniper option. I have big hopes for Pacioretty and honestly believe he can reveal himself as a force this offseason and get us many GWG. Adding a sniper like Jagr/Iggy/Cammy/other suggestion???? wouldn't hurt, as adding a Torres wouldn't hurt our toughness.

Trading for someone we can buy out at the end of the season sure sounds like a crappy plan to me.

What ?% There's plenty of rental players been sought for today and in the past couple weeks.

Cammy cost about 2M more than Kaberle to but out. How much revenues a single playoff home game is worth? There's your answer.

Good as Cammy is, our balanced attack means that we would probably be better off looking for size and physicality than a single 'big impact' scorer. People underrate the value of having three lines that can score, which we already have, and get dazzled by the idea of a flashy talent. Looking at what our team needs, I'd say size is more of a priority than offence. The return of Bourque will help, but given his track record I'd be more comfortable adding another guy of that profile - which is not to say this is a realistic aspiration.

EDIT: sakicq makes an interesting point. I trust scoring by committee, especially when it's punctuated by guys with higher-end scoring skill like Patches and Ryder. If patches gets on a roll, look out. And frankly I would not be shocked to see Gallagher ripping it up either.

What ?% There's plenty of rental players been sought for today and in the past couple weeks.

Cammy cost about 2M more than Kaberle to but out. How much revenues a single playoff home game is worth? There's your answer.

If the Habs aren't playing Kaberle because of the buyout, they likely wouldn't play Cammalleri or anyone else acquired that would be bought out. It's about protecting the cap space for next year. So trading for him would make little sense.

Plus, with reports that Armstrong's regular season is over, the focus will likely be on bringing in a depth guy to take his spot.

You believe a player who knows that he's gonna get bought out when the summer comes will give 100% to his "team" ?

I don't.

You believe a player who knows that he's gonna get bought out when the summer comes will give 100% to his "team" ?

I don't.

He is not the same in that situation. I believe they are professionals and play to win the Cup or, if nothing else, for their next contract$$

If the Habs aren't playing Kaberle because of the buyout, they likely wouldn't play Cammalleri or anyone else acquired that would be bought out. It's about protecting the cap space for next year. So trading for him would make little sense.

Plus, with reports that Armstrong's regular season is over, the focus will likely be on bringing in a depth guy to take his spot.

I know it's very unlikely we get Cammalleri. The injury/buyout argument is valid also. I'm not a big fan of that practice though. To not play a player for fear of injury is far-fetch to me.

He is not the same in that situation. I believe they are professionals and play to win the Cup or, if nothing else, for their next contract$$

My point, exactly.

Yeah, don't underestimate the kids in the playoffs.

You think Gallagher is going to stop getting to the net just because it's the post season?

Gallagher plays like it's the playoffs during the regular season.

• Upvote 1