Habs trade predictions

dlbalr

no no no :thumbs_down:

We need a clutch sniper for the playoffs, and Cammy was exactly that last time around. I think we're at 47 contracts now and can add 3 players, since roster isn't limited to 23 starting tomorrow.

Why not?

We need a clutch sniper for the playoffs, and Cammy was exactly that last time around. I think we're at 47 contracts now and can add 3 players, since roster isn't limited to 23 starting tomorrow.

Why not?

His contract.

Why not?

I'm one of the biggest Cammalleri fans. He still has another season and there's no real room for him with Ryder here.

I'm one of the biggest Cammalleri fans. He still has another season and there's no real room for him with Ryder here.

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Cammalleri-Bourque
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Moen-Eller-Prust
Halpern

He's dual C/LW. Very good on faceoff. We didn't play him much at centre last time though

That's because he can't play centre it's about a hell of a lot more than face offs.

Are the flames playing him at centre?

It would explain their position in the standings.

That's because he can't play centre it's about a hell of a lot more than face offs.

Are the flames playing him at centre?

It would explain their position in the standings.

haha good point..

So that line doesn't make sense then. Is AG too young to have that duty?

Cammy averages more than a point per game in the post season show. I'm surprised that his name hasn't come up more often. He certainly makes more sense than a Clowe or Jagr. Hell, I'd say he makes more sense than Iginla.

Cammy averages more than a point per game in the post season show. I'm surprised that his name hasn't come up more often. He certainly makes more sense than a Clowe or Jagr. Hell, I'd say he makes more sense than Iginla.

The one problem you're missing is not Cammalleri still has multiple years left on his deal at $6 million per year. He is simply not worth it.

One more year according to Capgeek.

yes, 1 year at 6M cap hit, compared to 4.25 for Kaberle. If they were to buy out Kaberle CGY could make a saving of 1.75 M$ (compared to buying out Cammy) while adding a 2nd rounder. Although Brian said CGY will be nearer the floor and might want to keep him. (esp with Bouwm out)

It's clear we intend to buyout Kaberle 4.25

It would cost "only" 1.75M more to buyout Cammy instead. But Cammy can help us win more rounds, not Kaberle. More rounds = more $$

yes, 1 year at 6M cap hit, compared to 4.25 for Kaberle. If they were to buy out Kaberle CGY could make a saving of 1.75 M$ (compared to buying out Cammy) while adding a 2nd rounder. Although Brian said CGY will be nearer the floor and might want to keep him. (esp with Bouwm out)

It would cost "only" 1.75M more to buyout Cammy instead. But Cammy can help us win more rounds, not Kaberle. More rounds = more $$

I'm all in. You get Bergevin on the phone. I'll do the talking.

Oh thank you very much for the information, I did not think he only had one year left. Will be interesting to see if the flames buy him out and where he goes when he's a free agent.

Why not?

Forget about it. We need Cammy in the lineup as much as a hole in the head.

Keep in mind the flames still need to stay at least at the floor. They just moved close to $14m without picking up any salary in return.

Oh thank you very much for the information, I did not think he only had one year left. Will be interesting to see if the flames buy him out and where he goes when he's a free agent.

Actually, $2.75M since his salary is $7 M next year. And, again, if they're not playing Kaberle to avoid the risk of injury, they're not going to trade him for a player who will play for fear of injury. Cammalleri's not coming back.