7:30PM Winnipeg @ Montreal: Third vs. Second

Welcome Jets.

Farewell Jets.

Pre-Game Notes: The Jets are currently running a four game losing streak while the Canadiens just had their three game winning streak snapped. Both teams were quiet on the trade deadline front with the Jets only picking up Mike Santorelli on waivers. The Canadiens have been perfect against the Southeast so this was a game more than comfortable at playing Peter Budaj, whose parents flew in for the game. The Jets currently sit in third due to the silly top seed standings that will be abolished next season but face considerable pressure from the Capitals, only two points back with two games in hand. Tomas Plekanec is day to day with a groin injury while Pacioretty's ankle was bruised from a shot. Only Gabriel Dumont was called up from Hamilton and only Plekanec is so far expected to sit.

Montreal Canadiens Expected Lineup

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Ryder - Eller - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Halpern - Prust

Moen - Dumont - Blunden

Subban - Gorges

Markov - Emelin

Bouillon - Drewskie

Budaj

Winnipeg Jets Expected Lineup

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Santorelli - Burmistrov
Tangradi - Jokinen - Wellwood
Miettinen - Gagnon- Thorburn

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Bogosian
Clitsome - Postma

Pavelec

Game time at 7:30. Other important games to note tonight include Boston/New Jersey, Philadelphia/Toronto and Long Island/Washington.

Give me a break with the 3rd seed. They shouldn't even be in the playoffs, the Isles are 9th with more points and a ######ing game in hands.

What a joke this system is. Glad they will move on next season.

As much as it would be hard to watch them fail so much, I wouldn't mind the Habs to slide down to 6th seed and face the 3rd place.

While it would be nice for the Canadiens to play a Southeast team in the playoffs (since we dominate the Southeast) we might also play the Rangers who we also dominate. Our best bet to the Cup would be Rangers in the first round, Jets in the second round while Boston and Pittsburgh murder each other and then play a crippled Pittsburgh in the Eastern Conference finals.

Plekanec is confirmed as out for tonight, Pacioretty may or may not play. If White is healthy (he said earlier he was shooting to return against Boston on Saturday), he would Pacioretty's place if need be. If he isn't, I guess Weber would play forward.

Plekanec is confirmed as out for tonight, Pacioretty may or may not play. If White is healthy (he said earlier he was shooting to return against Boston on Saturday), he would Pacioretty's place if need be. If he isn't, I guess Weber would play forward.

It's a good occasion to see the Habs through some kind of struggles. The playoffs won't be easy.

I was hoping Pleks would be out, but only for a couple fo games. Want to see what Eller can do with this opportunity.

By the way, the line combos are somewhat interesting tonight. The Pacioretty line stayed intact but every other one changed.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Prust - Eller - Gionta

Moen - Galchenyuk - Ryder

Blunden - Halpern - White

I can't say I'm a fan of seeing Ryder get demoted but it does keep the attack somewhat balanced.

Stat of the period:

Number of hits by Ryan White: 3

Number of hits by the rest of the Habs: 2

I'm happy that White is actually trying to play physically for the first time in a while but two hits for the rest of the squad isn't going to cut it.