Mark Streit loses mind

habs rule

Probably not that nuts but I could see 3 @ $5M from a desperate team. Or maybe he just wants to leave the Islanders and will wind up taking a similar or lesser deal.

He knew the Islanders wanted Tavares to have the C but he also likely wants a Cup and knows the Blackhawks will be looking to boost their PP over the summer.

He turned down at the age of 35 3 years 4.75 million looking for 4 years @ 6.0 million. Is there a GM this nuts?

yep Jim Nill in dallas gonchar 2 years 5 mill per

Im sure the Isles coulda offered him 5.5 and he still woulda walked.

He wants to be in a win now situation.

I'm pretty sure you have to be a little bit insane to sign with the Islanders in the first place... I think Streit wanting out is actually him getting his mind back.

Once the Isles get a goalie they are gonna be a bubble team in the new Atlantic division. If they get say Luongo? One of Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington or New York is gonna be playing golf in April.

Once the Isles get a goalie they are gonna be a bubble team in the new Atlantic division. If they get say Luongo? One of Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington or New York is gonna be playing golf in April.

Completely true.

But that has nothing to do with the franchise being run by cheap, cap-circumventing kooks from the top down.

Its possible 5 teams can make the playoffs in one division and 3 in the other... similar to the CFL crossover rule.

Where did you read that? I've read otherwise. Four teams per division.

He's right. Top three per division get in no matter what, most points will decide the final two spots.

The top three teams in each division will make up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference, based on regular-season points and regardless of division. It will be possible, then, for one division to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends three.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=660138