Habs release Weber, Schultz, and Stejskal

dlbalr

Quick post as I'm doing the trade write-up but Yannick Weber, Ian Schultz, and Joe Stejskal weren't qualified by the Habs today. The others (Dumont, Mayer, Tokarski, and White) received QO's.

I wouldn't necessarily rule out Weber's return just yet. A lot of teams seem to be doing this with their 'bubble' RFA's that have arbitration eligibility and some of them wind up re-signing the player before long.

I can't see why Weber would want to spend another year with the Habs, he's clearly just a stepping stone on the depth chart.

Too bad, I thought he had some promise and maybe, just maybe, we might be able to trade him for a fourth round pick one day.

Its unfortunate that things couldn't have turned out different for Yannick Weber....I thought the guy had a lot of potential when Montreal first drafted him and I was amazed that in his last year of Junior, he played in the OHL all star game and won the hardest shot competition with a 95 mph shot, pretty hard shot for a guy who at the time wasn't even 20 yet.....Since then though he has never once played a full schedule for Montreal and has slipped down a ways on Montreals depth chart, and this year he played in even less games then Kaberle.....Which ever team Weber ends up with, I hope he gets every opportunity to prove his worth