Oct. 15, Habs vs Jets, 8 PM

dlbalr

Gallagher fumbled the sweetest set-up by Galchenyuk though.

sure, not really criticizing AG and he still had 4 shots, just would be nice to see him bury a couple as he should, with the hands and shot he has.

Other than sitting on a lead and giving up a few too many shots, I have few complaints and 3-1 out west is awesome trip to get under the belt.

I disagree with dlbalrlrlrlr. Beaulieu looked fine during his limited play. And that's because....

All credit to Therrien for using people to their best advantage. It feels strange saying this, but he's making some fantastic decisions and has become a really good coach!

Beaulieu looked fine on the attacking side of centre. That's why earlier in this thread I was hoping he'd get bumped up on the PP and play a bit more there. Defensively, he looked confused most shifts. Trouba made him look brutal on his big chance, twice Beaulieu panicked and fired the puck to nowhere in particular in his own end, and he even fell a couple of times. That's a lot of 'events' in under 11 minutes of ice time. Some of that I'm willing to attribute to the fact he's playing his off-side but he's far from NHL calibre defensively. That's no surprise either, he had some struggles in his own end in the minors last year.

Beaulieu looks top-4 but it won't happen overnight. Great prospect, he has size, speed and great skating, he does need more seasoning. Tinordi looks like an NHL 6th defenseman but he could benefits from 40-50 games in Hamilton. I'd like to see what Pateryn could do for 7-10 games.

Therrien is a good coach, this is his third gig, he might turn into the offensive version of Claude Julien!

Guest Stogey24

Beaulieu looked fine on the attacking side of centre. That's why earlier in this thread I was hoping he'd get bumped up on the PP and play a bit more there. Defensively, he looked confused most shifts. Trouba made him look brutal on his big chance, twice Beaulieu panicked and fired the puck to nowhere in particular in his own end, and he even fell a couple of times. That's a lot of 'events' in under 11 minutes of ice time. Some of that I'm willing to attribute to the fact he's playing his off-side but he's far from NHL calibre defensively. That's no surprise either, he had some struggles in his own end in the minors last year.

I still like him on PP2 though.

Guys, dlbalrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrrlrrrrllllrrlrlrrrrr is right. Beaulieu had the lowest number of shifts and had some interesting journeys in his end. I wouldn't be against a Pateryn callup at this point, just to get Beaulieu some real minutes in the AHL.

Guest Stogey24

Guys, dlbalrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrrlrrrrllllrrlrlrrrrr is right. Beaulieu had the lowest number of shifts and had some interesting journeys in his end. I wouldn't be against a Pateryn callup at this point, just to get Beaulieu some real minutes in the AHL.

Tinordi is a much better place holder than Pateyrn. Montreal needs to stop bouncing these rookies in and out of the line up. Let Tinordi get some games under his belt. Pretty tough to get wind in your sails when your playing one night and watching another.

Pateryn's off to a good start in the minors (albeit just 2 GP), he should get a look. I'd have zero issue with a 3-player rotation with Tinordi, Beaulieu, and Pateryn right about now (1 up, 1 down, 1 'yo-yo'). It has become clear there's not much trust with Tinordi or Beaulieu so with this rotation, each player would get to play some heavy minutes for a bit in Hamilton while still getting a bit of playing and practice time with the big club.

Beaulieu is probably ready offensively. I thought on the back end he looked better than Diaz. Unfortunately, he isn't there defensively. Needs some time in the AHL. Having Markov/Subban/Diaz/Beaulieu for the PP would have been huge though.

I like that Pateryn is this sort of wildcard between two stud prospects. I just hope we don't treat him like Andre Benoit. It ain't like we knew he'd actually be a serviceable defenceman in his late 20s but I hope we don't drop Pateryn too early. No I'm not shedding tears for losing him, just saying :)

Beaulieu is probably ready offensively. I thought on the back end he looked better than Diaz. Unfortunately, he isn't there defensively. Needs some time in the AHL. Having Markov/Subban/Diaz/Beaulieu for the PP would have been huge though.

I like that Pateryn is this sort of wildcard between two stud prospects. I just hope we don't treat him like Andre Benoit. It ain't like we knew he'd actually be a serviceable defenceman in his late 20s but I hope we don't drop Pateryn too early. No I'm not shedding tears for losing him, just saying :)

Pateryn only has played 1/2 season in AHL so far, which is not much for a 5th round d-man and I doubt he is even close to being "dropped" by Habs.

And being named "A" in Hamilton, he will likely get a ton of icetime and make a good top pairing with Beaulieu.

I still would like to see Beaulieu tried on the wing in Hamilton (if his defensive play dosent improve).