Oct. 15, Habs vs Jets, 8 PM

dlbalr

One change I'd like to see the Habs try tonight on the powerplay is to flip Markov and Beaulieu. (PP1: Subban/Beaulieu, PP2: Markov/Diaz) Beaulieu isn't getting much in the way of playing time 5-on-5 so this would be a chance to up his minutes without too much risk (plus he has a decent shot if they take Subban's away) while Markov can get a bit of a needed dip in minutes; his chemistry with Diaz may make the second wave a bit more dangerous as well.

Habs confirm that Patch is done for the night and because that usually never happens I will say that he is done long term.

And that brings to an end the Briere on the 4th line test that lasted all of what, ~15 minutes?

I'm just going to throw it out there that Pacioretty has a very tradeable contract.

I would love if they could trade him for another winger with similar ability that is more durable and drive the net harder.

Even if they had to give up some scoring ability.

I'm just going to throw it out there that Pacioretty has a very tradeable contract.
I was thinking the same thing. Great player, but he's staring to look almost fragile.

I think its a little too soon to start talking about trading Patches. Yes, he's been injured often lately, but he's still way too young to give up on.

I think its a little too soon to start talking about trading Patches. Yes, he's been injured often lately, but he's still way too young to give up on.

Not give up.

He has great value.

Gallagher with a nice job there to smother the puck.

Lars Eller?

We just tried that and he got injured not even a period in. :)

Lars Eller isn't what I would call a power center, but him and a big winger would do.

Okay.

Can we please stop having our top players injured for long stretches? Kthxbye

I'd settle if we just stop having anymore injuries to wolverine and markov.

...And of course god forbid SUbban, the Gally's or eller

What are they calling Beaulieu?

Boiloh?

Boy-low. That still pales in comparison to Dennis Beyak's butchering of Latendresse many preseasons ago. He's the only commentator ever I think to make his name sound Mexican. 'Guillermo La-Trend-Es'

• Upvote 1