Nov. 10, Isles vs Habs, 6 PM

dlbalr

Soccer over the top crap.

Goal celebrations in soccer are brilliant. And in the NFL for that matter. It's such a shame people feel celebration is unprofessional. I want Ovechkin's hot stick, I want Selanne shooting his glove. I want Fleury on his knees the length of the ice. It's not about disrespect.

It's about fun

• Upvote 1

You are only allowed to celebrate a goal beyond a fist pump or arms in the air if:

- It's for the Cup

- It's an overtime winner

- You are a six minute a game, 100+ PIM a season plug

- You're a goalie

- You're from Kingston

To go with Colin's post we need more of this:

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/11/great-hockey-celebration-greatest-hockey-celebration/

You are only allowed to celebrate a goal beyond a fist pump or arms in the air if:

- It's for the Cup

- It's an overtime winner

- You are a six minute a game, 100+ PIM a season plug

- You're a goalie

- You're from Kingston

To go with Colin's post we need more of this:

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/11/great-hockey-celebration-greatest-hockey-celebration/

Awesome. Totally awesome.

BUT I THINK THERE WERE TOO MANY SMILES AND CHEERING PEOPLE IN THE STANDS.

Bad hockey player. You should act like your child was killed by a drunk driver when you score. HOW DARE!

Bad hockey player. You should act like your child was killed by a drunk driver when you score. HOW DARE!

I remembered Don Cherry celebrating Mike Cammalleri's non celebration goals and being happy I was hearing good things about a Hab from that cantankerous cout before realizing that Cammalleri's goal celebrations suck.

I remembered Don Cherry celebrating Mike Cammalleri's non celebration goals and being happy I was hearing good things about a Hab from that cantankerous cout before realizing that Cammalleri's goal celebrations suck.

I think I remember Cherry saying once that he thought Cammi looked ashamed to be scoring so much - and he thought that was THE BEST WAY to react for a sniper. Bobby Orr - puts his head down and skates away. I swear to gawd Ye Olde Guarde would have scorers bowing their heads in shame before going to the opposing bench to beg forgiveness.

Guest Stogey24

Goal celebrations in soccer are brilliant. And in the NFL for that matter. It's such a shame people feel celebration is unprofessional. I want Ovechkin's hot stick, I want Selanne shooting his glove. I want Fleury on his knees the length of the ice. It's not about disrespect.

It's about fun

I feel like it shows compassion. I was never the type of guy to celebrate after a goal(didn't have many opportunities to celebrate). I did have team mates that would lose it after scoring though. I loved it, it gets the boys fired up after a goal. Now with that being said, this was JR.D hockey. Respect for the team your playing was never there

It's about fun

Like I said, not real complaint just my take on it, just can do without it and just find goofy.

And the whole glove tapping thing with bench thing after every goal, is also very lame.

Just my opinion, I can do without most showboating, if makes it more entertaining for you and many fans, then super, that is main thing the players are paid for, so don't mind me and my very conservative take on it.

I feel like it shows compassion. I was never the type of guy to celebrate after a goal(didn't have many opportunities to celebrate). I did have team mates that would lose it after scoring though. I loved it, it gets the boys fired up after a goal. Now with that being said, this was JR.D hockey. Respect for the team your playing was never there

We all react to goals differently. If I knew I scored because I got a great pass it was all about hugging the crap out of the guy who gave me the pass. If I knew I scored due to a big error I'd usually play it calm. If It was all me? You damn right I was going crazy afterwards.

We all react to goals differently. If I knew I scored because I got a great pass it was all about hugging the crap out of the guy who gave me the pass. If I knew I scored due to a big error I'd usually play it calm. If It was all me? You damn right I was going crazy afterwards.

I was a lead footed defensive d-man and was never a rah rah player and maybe averaged couple goals/year, so if just congratulate the player or two who set you up, that was bout all I thought was necessary or needed.