Nov. 10, Isles vs Habs, 6 PM

dlbalr

Kinda happy we didnt win the draftlottery 2012. How horrible it would be to have Yakupov instead of Galchenyuk.

Phew ! What a kid this Galchenyuk. Can't wait to see how dominant he'll be once he beefs up.

• Upvote 1

Start from the bottom of the roster and work your way up... who do you want him on the ice over?

Parros: probably

White: eh....

Moen: No way.

So is Desharnais better for the team than White? If so, play him. If not, waive him and send him to Hamilton.

Take it step further... anyone on Hamilton you'd rather have on the roster?

For me, Leblanc.

That's what we need. A Carkner-Pacioretty bout in garbage time.

Take it step further... anyone on Hamilton you'd rather have on the roster?

For me, Leblanc.

Does he get picked up if waived? He stinks this year, but he would be the best player on waivers all season.

That's what we need. A Carkner-Pacioretty bout in garbage time.

Does he get picked up if waived? He stinks this year, but he would be the best player on waivers all season.

I'd also like to mention this is the Night of the Living Goon. The Walking Dead starts early as Dorsett, Janssen and Patrick Bordeleau all score.

The kids come through! We got to see what Galchenyuk is capable of with two sweet assists. Gallagher gave full effort as usual and Eller was strong.

Desharnais must have an extra strong case of Gomez syndrome: he's allergic to shooting. Perfectly set up in the slot time and again and can never hit the net.

I'd also like to mention this is the Night of the Living Goon. The Walking Dead starts early as Dorsett, Janssen and Patrick Bordeleau all score.

Janssen again? Damn, he is lighting it up lately. Goals in two straight games.

Lets see if NJ wants DD straight up for Janssen. :D

Other than the Eller line Price was really good.

otherwise I thought they were average. if the Isles didn't pay 3 in 4 nights it could have been different.

Agree with most of the rest of you, DD has to go to Hamilton. He is worthless. Pacs really soft, I thought the Pleks line was invisible, solid defensively.

There are a lot of deserving young players who should be getting more ice time then vets for sure, I include Leblanc and Bournival in that group.

I put Briere between Pacs and Bourque, Bournival back with Pleks.

Even Denis Coderre (new Montreal mayor) said that the Habs should get Desharnais a one-way ticket to Hamilton.

I agree with Chris that we weren't anything special tonight beside the kids, in fact we maybe had a worse overall game than against Ottawa. But a win's a win, and lately we've had nothing to show for solid efforts.

Why? It was damned endearing.

The Don Cherry code. Don't show too much exuberance, especially if you're young and/or foreign. The alternative to having your teammates tell you is to be physically assaulted by the opposition (which may happen regardless).

I liked it, but it's unusual to see it in hockey. In soccer you see it more, and it only makes fans love the player more.

Gallagher, I tell you what - the kid's a player. He is phenomenal, and when he has a bad game, he comes right back and dominates like he did tonight. This guy is gold. I'm so glad we drafted this guy. He can be a key cog for us for years.

For a while there I thought it was going to be yet another game where Galchenyuk "does everything but score," but then he actually did! Nice to see.

And Bournival had a strong bounce-back game too, after getting sparse ice-time in the first and then benefitting from Moen's getting better acquainted with the porcelain goddess.

Conversely, Dumont looked pretty much overmatched IMHO. And I agree with those who feel the Desharnais soap opera has gone on long enough. His confidence is utterly destroyed. He is bringing less than zero to this team. Send him down - I'd rather have a rotation of young guns from Hamilton than him out there, at least with the young'uns there's a chance you'll see something.

EDIT: nice to see Patches get the HW "honourable mention." He's been getting criticized on the web, but wrongly, I feel - he's making stuff happen and the logjam is bound to break.

So the vets have advised Galchenyuk against the kissing the logo celebration. Ah well.

No individual celebrations, if the rest of the league found out, they would be the laughingstocks of HNIC!

I swear, as an American, the amount of decorum Canadians attach to hockey (albeit out of respect and humility, which are positive values) is bizarre. Hockey players are expected to act like 19th century aristocrats in an English tea room.

Pass the cucumber sandwiches, we must fill up before the orchid show.

• Upvote 1

No individual celebrations, if the rest of the league found out, they would be the laughingstocks of HNIC!

I swear, as an American, the amount of decorum Canadians attach to hockey (albeit out of respect and humility, which are positive values) is bizarre. Hockey players are expected to act like 19th century aristocrats in an English tea room.

Pass the cucumber sandwiches, we must fill up before the orchid show.

It's an interesting question how much of this repressive culture is unconsciously informed by the eternal Canadian desire for contrast with the Americans. It's almost an exaggerated manifestation of traditional Canadian diffidence in comparison to the brash, loudmouthed Yank.

It's an interesting question how much of this repressive culture is unconsciously informed by the eternal Canadian desire for contrast with the Americans. It's almost an exaggerated manifestation of traditional Canadian diffidence in comparison to the brash, loudmouthed Yank.

It's just weird. Galchenyuk is the top prospect in the world (hockey's future) and he was excited to dominate a game. Could you imagine an offensive lineman telling RG III to knock off the celebrations? I'm not going to discuss the merits of "the veteran core."

And yes, in the USA, hockey has a more blue collar following than Canada. I salute my fellow Americans as I smoke cigarettes, watch the games and hope someone gets in a fight.

I'd say it predates Canada's identity anxiety vis-a-vis the Yanks, I think Lovett's on the right track referencing Victorian tea rooms. Basketball and football (the biggest sports in the US) are dominated by blacks, and for a long time you'd see Don Cherry-esque disapproval to jubilant displays (and still do to a smaller extent), but the tide became irresistible - these people were dominating the sport, and kids who grew up on pop and hip hop weren't going to side with their stodgy elders. Hockey hasn't had much of a demographic shift, and the old guard still holds sway with their repressed WASP values.

I must admit, I haven't seen the game yet, but from what I can see here, Gally had a great game. What confuses me is that he apparently had a bad game last time out.

Hubba-huh?

Sure, he got four penalties, but he was also the best attacker Montreal had by a country mile.

So I say again,

Hubba-huh?

Taking penalties does not a bad game make, friends, Romans, countrymen, and Snuffleupagus. If it did, then there are a LOT of players throughout the years who played some really, really bad games despite being the best player on the ice Gordie Howe. You know, that old chestnut.

Sorry lads and... well lads (do we have lasses?) Gally didn't have a bad game last time out, he had a very strong game. He just took penalties.

Seriously, though, why are we always looking to be critical? He *was* the best player on the ice last game for the Habs, and yet because of the PIMs we've decided this was a "bounce back" game? Habs fans go way WAY too far.

• Upvote 2

I must admit, I haven't seen the game yet, but from what I can see here, Gally had a great game. What confuses me is that he apparently had a bad game last time out.

Hubba-huh?

Sure, he got four penalties, but he was also the best attacker Montreal had by a country mile.

So I say again,

Hubba-huh?

Taking penalties does not a bad game make, friends, Romans, countrymen, and Snuffleupagus. If it did, then there are a LOT of players throughout the years who played some really, really bad games despite being the best player on the ice Gordie Howe. You know, that old chestnut.

Sorry lads and... well lads (do we have lasses?) Gally didn't have a bad game last time out, he had a very strong game. He just took penalties.

Seriously, though, why are we always looking to be critical? He *was* the best player on the ice last game for the Habs, and yet because of the PIMs we've decided this was a "bounce back" game? Habs fans go way WAY too far.

he took 4 penalties, as I recall 2 of them were very questionable, while the running the goalie was a good attempt to get poulin off his game. Those penalties are ok. I thought he was the best player on the ice myself.

• Upvote 1