Feb. 26, Red Wings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Aha! Sort of like how he wants Subban to play: focus on your own end, avoid mistakes, make a safe outlet pass and generally play like Rick Green, not trying to do anything creative. Makes sense - and explains a lot about this team's inability to be either exciting or productive.

He's also up for the "Cy Young" every year. The crux of my argument is that this team lacks a Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares, Malkin, Thornton, Kane etc. A true dynamic first liner that gets 70-100 points a year and gives opposing teams fits nights after night. Maybe in two years we have that with the two gallys and Pac, but at the moment, the lack of a true dynamic first line holds this team back.

Are you sure about that?

2012-13: 15-24-39

2011-12: 33-32-65

2010-11: 14-10-24

2009-10: 3-11-14

This year is by far his most pronounced in terms of 'Cy Young' candidacy but before that, his goal-to-assist ratio is pretty close (65 to 77); take out his rookie season and it's practically 1-to-1.

Also, unrelated to the above comment, who's doing today's GDT?

Why can't Therrien put Galchenyuk on the ice in OT?

Because Therrien was playing to "not lose" instead of playing to win.

Gallagher and Galchenyuk should have hit the ice at least twice during OT. Not Gionta.

Because Therrien was playing to "not lose" instead of playing to win.

Gallagher and Galchenyuk should have hit the ice at least twice during OT. Not Gionta.

Gionta was hot and best forward in game.

Gionta was hot and best forward in game.

So what ? Doesn't mean that Therrien had to roll with only 2 duos ALL OT !!!

3 on 3 with Ericsson and Quincey on the ice, I would have tried Galchenyuk/Gallager/Eller instead of the Gionta and Pleks AT LEAST once...

Therrien once again benched his young guns for unexplicable reasons. Was he affraid that we might lose because of a kid ? Guess what, we lost anyway. Gionta was clearly tired on the final shift, got beat up pretty easily.

So what ? Doesn't mean that Therrien had to roll with only 2 duos ALL OT !!!

3 on 3 with Ericsson and Quincey on the ice, I would have tried Galchenyuk/Gallager/Eller instead of the Gionta and Pleks AT LEAST once...

Therrien once again benched his young guns for unexplicable reasons. Was he affraid that we might lose because of a kid ? Guess what, we lost anyway. Gionta was clearly tired on the final shift, got beat up pretty easily.

Joe, you could be correct; but, you know it wouldnt matter who he played 3 on 3, we would split hairs and say should of played someone else, because in hindsight they didnt score and lost.

Are you sure about that?

2012-13: 15-24-39

2011-12: 33-32-65

2010-11: 14-10-24

2009-10: 3-11-14

This year is by far his most pronounced in terms of 'Cy Young' candidacy but before that, his goal-to-assist ratio is pretty close (65 to 77); take out his rookie season and it's practically 1-to-1.

Also, unrelated to the above comment, who's doing today's GDT?

Meh, not a "Cy Young" candidate like Jeff Carter, but until this team contends without a true first line, the rest of my assertion at least isn't wrong. Let's see some offense for once in a lifetime!

Joe, you could be correct; but, you know it wouldnt matter who he played 3 on 3, we would split hairs and say should of played someone else, because in hindsight they didnt score and lost.

I'm just wondering why Therrien keeps benching his most explosive players on a 3 on 3 OT situation... Can't find any good reason to roll only 2 duos. Weird call.

Guest Stogey24

Meh, not a "Cy Young" candidate like Jeff Carter, but until this team contends without a true first line, the rest of my assertion at least isn't wrong. Let's see some offense for once in a lifetime!

6-5 dub against Pens....