ECF-Game 2-Rangers at Canadiens

Hmmm?.....Why does it seem when Habs pepper a goalie, shots are considered weak, or not indicative of play?

But when Habs give up ton of shot attempts, they are hanging on for dear life and outplayed badly?

If Yemelin is out, sit Beaulieu and I say let Weaver play with Markov and bring back the mass on the backend, Tinordi and Murray for 3rd pairing!

Crap on Murray all you want, but Habs often win with him in the lineup!

GHG!!! :clap:

Murray? Really? The Rags would make him look like more of a pylon than he does. Tinordi i could maybe see. Get him some experience anyways.

Goaltending was not an issue in the last game. We need scoring, that's all.

I am also disappointed by what I have seen so far from Vanek. But was Plekanec playing last night? I haven't seen him.

Murray? Really? The Rags would make him look like more of a pylon than he does. Tinordi i could maybe see. Get him some experience anyways.

Murray only played 1 game vs Rangers, was a shutout and as I say you can shit on Crankshaft all you like, but when he is in they win often.

Hopefully, the Nash goal on Tokarski was nerves that have settled, and that they'll extend the series to six games. After six games, who knows what can happen.

Pretty understandable alright. I can only think that MT in consultation with his goalie coach would have come up with the best likely course to follow. I was unhappy with all three goals for different reasons, but the weak second following the deflection was painful.

I think this game could have been ours but for the weird goals.

MT came out positive on Tokarski.. (how could he not.. ) and he might well settle enough to truly shine.

Sure hope so. Especially in #3.

I'm prepared to dress and replace Vanek.

Murray only played 1 game vs Rangers, was a shutout and as I say you can shit on Crankshaft all you like, but when he is in they win often.

I wasn't shitting on him really, he is very slow, and we are facing a very fast team. I like the guy's hitting ability but reality says this would not be a good situation for him.

If Yemelin is out, sit Beaulieu and I say let Weaver play with Markov and bring back the mass on the backend, Tinordi and Murray for 3rd pairing!

I don't expect to see Tinordi unless a few guys go down. Given the Rangers' speed, my guess is that Bouillon would draw back in. Bouillon seems to have his best games after he sits for a bit which also would probably have him ahead of Murray on the depth chart. I don't think Tinordi has taken a warmup yet; to me that's a sign that he's a fair bit down the depth chart at the moment.

I wasn't shitting on him really, he is very slow, and we are facing a very fast team. I like the guy's hitting ability but reality says this would not be a good situation for him.

Who said Rangers are any faster than average team? Could be but were darn average team all year weren't they?

PK is getting torched with small d-core and need some bulk to shot block and inflict some pain.

I highly doubt would ever have both draw in, but one of the two may help.

Has Murray been beat by speed this year any worse than Emelin has?

I don't expect to see Tinordi unless a few guys go down. Given the Rangers' speed, my guess is that Bouillon would draw back in. Bouillon seems to have his best games after he sits for a bit which also would probably have him ahead of Murray on the depth chart. I don't think Tinordi has taken a warmup yet; to me that's a sign that he's a fair bit down the depth chart at the moment.

dlbalr, I don't expect much change at all, but I just see Rangers with more blocks/hits and scoring PP goals, which didn't happen in the reg season with Murray in there.

And if forwards only score 1 or 2 goals, it wont matter who is 3rd pairing d. And if gonna go down, might as well go down swinging with roster that got you to playoffs and let Mongo toss a few Rangers for entertainment (and accidently on purpose run over Vanek to wake him up).

I'm prepared to dress and replace Vanek.

He can go to MINNI now as far as I am concerned. I used to think that Kovalev was a floater for long stretches, Vanek could give him pointers on how to really float. I tought when he played in the regular season he did well. But since the playoffs began he is a P.O.S. Maybe he will get his act back together but right now he is useless. Maybe he heard the stadium dogs were good and wants to sit.

Who said Rangers are any faster than average team? Could be but were darn average team all year weren't they?

PK is getting torched with small d-core and need some bulk to shot block and inflict some pain.

I highly doubt would ever have both draw in, but one of the two may help.

Has Murray been beat by speed this year any worse than Emelin has?

Well emelin is a different kettle of fish, and let's face it he is slow but he is about 4x faster than your buddy.

Well emelin is a different kettle of fish, and let's face it he is slow but he is about 4x faster than your buddy.

Don't argue that, I am likely 3x faster than 'my buddy' and I am a lead foot also.

But Emelin has been deaked out of jock strap badly and decision making needs work, that is what I meant.

Where #6 knows he is a slug and more or less plays to his one strength.

Don't argue that, I am likely 3x faster than 'my buddy' and I am a lead foot also.

But Emelin has been deaked out of jock strap badly and decision making needs work, that is what I meant.

Where #6 knows he is a slug and more or less plays to his one strength.

I can't disagree with any of that, but I think we will see The Cube come Thursday, since Tinordi has not been practising with the team. The cube is not big but he has some speed and with a good rest? maybe?

Well, I'm not really competent to weigh in on the discussion. I don't know who'd be best, but my gut I'm a big Cube fan from his last stint with us. I just love his fight. His speed doesn't hurt either and doesn't he make a pretty good first pass? This is not meant to be comparative as I can't make the comparisons.

I'm fairly upbeat for Thursday. I think we'll be OK in goal and come on strong.

I don't think the Habs getting 3 goals in two games means a changing of the sixth defenseman. Beaulieu was taking shifts with Subban by the end of both games. If any swaps happens, we'll see Bournival in for Briere or Prust.

They played very well on Monday. Hopefully the Rangers will press hard on home ice to fire up the bandwagon, and the Habs can get a couple of early goals.

If emelin can't go, I'd go with Tinordi. He brings physicality, has the ability to move the puck and gets more playoff experience under his belt. Boullians the past, at this point look toward the future.

The argent that he hasn't played in a long time was also made for Beaulieu and he has do e well.

I can't disagree with any of that, but I think we will see The Cube come Thursday, since Tinordi has not been practising with the team. The cube is not big but he has some speed and with a good rest? maybe?

Sure always liked Bouillon, but do hope Emelin is OK and I am fine with no change or any of couple spares slotting in, just seems more 'entertaining' with Murray playing, both good/bad and Habs still seem to win, to the horror of advanced stat group.

Just win on Thursday and would be down 2 games to 1, which don't sound bad at all.

Cant believe the rubber Subban fired at NY goalie last game, if he keeps that up he should get one for sure.

Sure always liked Bouillon, but do hope Emelin is OK and I am fine with no change or any of couple spares slotting in, just seems more 'entertaining' with Murray playing, both good/bad and Habs still seem to win, to the horror of advanced stat group.

Just win on Thursday and would be down 2 games to 1, which don't sound bad at all.

Cant believe the rubber Subban fired at NY goalie last game, if he keeps that up he should get one for sure.

2-1 ain]t bad at all. And PK will be firing.

Guest Stogey24

Hmmm?.....Why does it seem when Habs pepper a goalie, shots are considered weak, or not indicative of play?

But when Habs give up ton of shot attempts, they are hanging on for dear life and outplayed badly?

Crap on Murray all you want, but Habs often win with him in the lineup!

GHG!!! :clap:

Beaulieu has been playing solid hockey, he's been rushing the puck and making plays. Weaver and Markov would be a disaster waiting to happen. Weaver has some of the worst lateral movement on the team. Tinordi, Weaver, and Murray against a team that is already faster than us... not smart. Emelin is fine, that hit was from behind, but it was a joke.

Guest Stogey24

I don't think the Habs getting 3 goals in two games means a changing of the sixth defenseman. Beaulieu was taking shifts with Subban by the end of both games. If any swaps happens, we'll see Bournival in for Briere or Prust.

They played very well on Monday. Hopefully the Rangers will press hard on home ice to fire up the bandwagon, and the Habs can get a couple of early goals.

We need some F'IN bounces. This happened against Ottawa last year. We couldn't buy a goal.

Well, today is a new day...win tonight and suddenly we have series. "One shift at a time" and all of that. It's our last chance to keep hope alive, so hopefully the boys leave it all out there on the ice. If you're gonna go down, go down playing your game, at its best. No stupid penalties.

Well, today is a new day...win tonight and suddenly we have series. "One shift at a time" and all of that. It's our last chance to keep hope alive, so hopefully the boys leave it all out there on the ice. If you're gonna go down, go down playing your game, at its best. No stupid penalties.

The only problem being that there is no game tonight... ;)

Ha ha, whoops! I must be more tired than I thought. Oh, well, the comments will continue to apply right up to puck drop on Thursday :) The extra day off will benefit us more than the Rags, so that's a tiny sliver of good luck.

The only problem being that there is no game tonight... ;)

I see the poll on the front page is still changing Habs in 6 has dropped to 57%. People still voting? or jumping off the band wagon? :)

Mass exodus started as soon as Price was announced out and continues!

And smart $$ should now be on NY, so cant really blame the fair-weather types.