Nov. 4, Hawks vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

with all that said.... markov is carrying the D these days

Sad really when you think about it. The lack of player development. Love Markov and not knocking him, however 2004 he was the habs best player and mvp. Ten years later, two major knee operations, a torn achilles heel, a recent pay cut and he is STILL the habs best player and leads the team in ice time. Fact is we all know he (again) will totally gassed by April...or sooner.

ps still have a hard time believing carey price just got beat 10 times in two games at the bell center and played well.

Not giving three hours tomorrow night to watch the dead habs and the tanking sabres.

Will check in here around 11 for your guys take on the game.

You do realize that if they win you can't come back till they lose. It would be bad luck.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be so upset with the team if we won by as much as what we lose. Honest to god what is it a -8 differential? -9 maybe? How does a team be somethin like 8-4-1 and have 9 more pal against than for? I know it's jumping the gun a little but something needs to change

I wouldn't be so upset with the team if we won by as much as what we lose. Honest to god what is it a -8 differential? -9 maybe? How does a team be somethin like 8-4-1 and have 9 more pal against than for? I know it's jumping the gun a little but something needs to change

i was gonna say.... and miss us finally break out of a major early slump..

I can't watch anymore of this. It is pathetic. I have to ask has the team revolted against MT?

dont think so. but it looks the same as if they did?

You do realize that if they win you can't come back till they lose. It would be bad luck.

you have me re thinking my evening

lucky wins vs outright losses

Pretty rough patch for sure, and I don't know the answers, but I do know that the defensive zone coverage is worse than any team we have played against so far this year.

There is some reason that we cannot create chances, and other teams get grade A chances on our net.

I think it's physicality that is missing in the lineup, on the back end especially.

Up front, the only player that actually looks like a threat to score is also leading us in hits, Chucky.

Dismal effort by most everyone else, because the good guys are saddled with players that can't score at all....

Guest Stogey24

Pretty rough patch for sure, and I don't know the answers, but I do know that the defensive zone coverage is worse than any team we have played against so far this year.

There is some reason that we cannot create chances, and other teams get grade A chances on our net.

I think it's physicality that is missing in the lineup, on the back end especially.

Up front, the only player that actually looks like a threat to score is also leading us in hits, Chucky.

Dismal effort by most everyone else, because the good guys are saddled with players that can't score at all....

What team is scared to cross Montreal's blue line? Other teams are the furthest thing from scared to chip the puck into the corners, why would they be? The entire blue line would rather go for a stick check instead of laying the body on the opposition.

Therrien is honestly lucky that this team found a way to win games at the start of the year, because his ass would be burning up right now if they started the season like this. If Montreal decides to plays a game like last night and loses to Buffalo I honestly think M.B's hand is hovering over that panic button.

Other team is just far better prepared. Teams that are well coached start to gell after the first ten games or so games. Put into place the plan of how. They make adjustments according to who they are playing, according to the clock and according to the score. Habs are not doing any of that.

Last night Bournival threw a back hand at Crawfor 6 minutes into the second period. Habs never had another shot on Crawford till Prust took a forty footer 5 minutes into the 3rd period.

The team has not held a lead for the last 308 mintes.

Only team to never have a lead after one period.

Hanging Carey out to dry.

D looks terrible in their own zone. Different pairs every game/preiod. Weaver with one rookie or the other is not working.

This wreaks of poor coaching.

as someone on here already stated...........this just wreaks of bad coaching.

It's more than bad coaching, they can't win any 1 on 1 battles, that's the players, they are soft, not a very fast team and other than Galchenyuk no one can create any offense.

The defensive zone is an absolute train wreck.

Other team is just far better prepared. Teams that are well coached start to gell after the first ten games or so games. Put into place the plan of how. They make adjustments according to who they are playing, according to the clock and according to the score. Habs are not doing any of that.

Last night Bournival threw a back hand at Crawfor 6 minutes into the second period. Habs never had another shot on Crawford till Prust took a forty footer 5 minutes into the 3rd period.

The team has not held a lead for the last 308 mintes.

Only team to never have a lead after one period.

Hanging Carey out to dry.

D looks terrible in their own zone. Different pairs every game/preiod. Weaver with one rookie or the other is not working.

This wreaks of poor coaching.

as someone on here already stated...........this just wreaks of bad coaching.

I said that bud, and I believe it to a degree, but seriously, a player can't just let himself be beaten in every battle, and blame the coaches for it all.... you can't leave players in front of your own net as a defenseman, and blame the coach

Plekanec & Eller good on faceoffs, Manny/DD had off-nights.

Emelin with 6 hits and Beaulieu had 4 shots and stayed an even +/- in 16minutes.

Weaver and Gilbert also had OK games.

Pacioretty, Gallagher & Galchenyuk weren't terrible.

And felt bad for Price, but no-show in 2nd half of game for most in front of him.

Eller actually looked good in front of goalie screening/tipping shots; possibly he would help the PP, but they avoid giving him (or big bodied Bourque) even a second on the PP.

Sooner or later got to toss out Gallant PP strategy.

(Galchenyuk 0:04 on PP and Gallagher (best screener of all) got 0:00 on the PP)

edit got my stats ass backward (was lookin at PK time)

Plekanec & Eller good on faceoffs, Manny/DD had off-nights.

Emelin with 6 hits and Beaulieu had 4 shots and stayed an even +/- in 16minutes.

Weaver and Gilbert also had OK games.

Pacioretty, Gallagher & Galchenyuk weren't terrible.

And felt bad for Price, but no-show in 2nd half of game for most in front of him.

Eller actually looked good in front of goalie screening/tipping shots; possibly he would help the PP, but they avoid giving him (or big bodied Bourque) even a second on the PP.

Sooner or later got to toss out Gallant PP strategy.

(Galchenyuk 0:04 on PP and Gallagher (best screener of all) got 0:00 on the PP)

Yeah, pretty much agree Don, doesn't make much sense to not try other PP strategy really, sometimes things just go south, but that's when coach needs to steer to the North, and he doesn't seem like he can even see the wheel from here....

So uh... Mcdavid anyone?

Just kidding :P the team is so much better than this slump. I find it hilarious tht I read an article a couple weeks ago where MT was the forerunner for the Jack Adams. That's a laughable thought to me now.

We have played well in exactly 1 game out of the 13 we have attended. I say attended cause you can't call what they are doing as competing. To be honest this team could be 1 and 12. Where would MT be then? I kinda think the players may have tuned him out, and are just doing what they want. MT has a shelf life with his style as all coaches do, some shorter than others. It will be interesting to see how MT handles this. He has to be at the exploding point. He is always fun when he explodes. I predict that if they lose in buffalo Mount Therrien will erupt. I don't blame him cause this team is being outskated, out hit, and out hustled, in every zone. A trade may be needed to shake this team out it's comfort zone. Maybe the 4 guys with the A on their shirt need to take responsibility and get some guys back on track? There is definitely something wrong with this team. The emphasis not moves to the GM's desk, what are you going to do MB?

It's more than bad coaching, they can't win any 1 on 1 battles, that's the players, they are soft, not a very fast team and other than Galchenyuk no one can create any offense.

The defensive zone is an absolute train wreck.

Yes it is a wreck.

I look to see what is it that is being practiced inbetween games (as five man units/ pairs /lines) and how or if is visible during the games. Seen what oilers are doing to keep things simple, flames game plan easy put in place for both games against the habs, hawks last night with break outs and puck support was obviously orchestrated. Habs? , I see none of that, nothing orchestrated. Individual efforts that go nowhere. Lucky wins before that. Carey Price has a plan and a strategy. The rest of them collectively? well lets just say they equal way less than the sum of their parts.

poor coaching

We have played well in exactly 1 game out of the 13 we have attended. I say attended cause you can't call what they are doing as competing. To be honest this team could be 1 and 12. Where would MT be then? I kinda think the players may have tuned him out, and are just doing what they want. MT has a shelf life with his style as all coaches do, some shorter than others. It will be interesting to see how MT handles this. He has to be at the exploding point. He is always fun when he explodes. I predict that if they lose in buffalo Mount Therrien will erupt. I don't blame him cause this team is being outskated, out hit, and out hustled, in every zone. A trade may be needed to shake this team out it's comfort zone. Maybe the 4 guys with the A on their shirt need to take responsibility and get some guys back on track? There is definitely something wrong with this team. The emphasis not moves to the GM's desk, what are you going to do MB?

It was pre mature to give therrien a four year extension after losing to the rangers. They could have easily won that series. The win over boston was great for sure........but the loss to the rangers put thing back in perspective. Team needs work, coaching no exception

I said that bud, and I believe it to a degree, but seriously, a player can't just let himself be beaten in every battle, and blame the coaches for it all.... you can't leave players in front of your own net as a defenseman, and blame the coach

agree with that. but tou also cant have the centerman playing on permiters on the powerplay.....................and keep putting them on the powerplay

don, dont want even want to talk about the PP.... its brutal!

tinordi needs to find and stay in this line up is all i know...

if were gonna lose at least lose with the kids....

for sure. agree 100 per cent.

for for that "lose with the kids" approach habs have the wrong coach. he uses kids as if they are spare parts. vets as if they are his own son

So uh... Mcdavid anyone?

Just kidding :P the team is so much better than this slump. I find it hilarious tht I read an article a couple weeks ago where MT was the forerunner for the Jack Adams. That's a laughable thought to me now.

and so much worse than the winning streak

It was pre mature to give therrien a four year extension after losing to the rangers. They could have easily won that series. The win over boston was great for sure........but the loss to the rangers put thing back in perspective. Team needs work, coaching no exception

not to quibble but it is a 3 year extension, the 4th is a club option. But premature it was.

Yeah, pretty much agree Don, doesn't make much sense to not try other PP strategy really, sometimes things just go south, but that's when coach needs to steer to the North, and he doesn't seem like he can even see the wheel from here....

no he cant. mt does not know how they were winning...........now he does not know how they are losing......because he is the biggest passenger on the team..............gllay and chucky hardest working forwards of the night and the coach SITS THEM FOR POWERPLAYS .....................on a powerplay that stinks to high heaven. lol

no theres no coaching problem on this team. lol

not to quibble but it is a 3 year extension, the 4th is a club option. But premature it was.

3 not 4. no worries, thats not a quibble, actually the best news i have had on the habs in a while.

what happens when we go to buffalo and get spanked again? someone mentioned they needed adversity..well here it is in spades

if they lose therrien will "take good notes"