Jan. 6, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

What did he do?

He gave a Lightning player a little tap with his stick, when the player had already got on the bench. He did it as a "hey" don't do that, because the player hit Markov long after the puck was gone, near the open bench door, and then kept Markov there while straddling him.

Good enough reason, just should have waited until next shift, and if Prust hadn't have slept his way through the entire game, it wouldn't have been PK's problem.

One loss to a very good team, that played very well, and got every call and puck bounce, and Habs showed up flat, doesn't blemish the Habs season so far to me, it's one of those games, you know...

I don't understand why it's a bad thing for Price to steal the show? That's the way I like to look at it. Not that he bailed the Habs out, but allowed one or two goals where most goalies would have allowed three or four.

Think of all the Cup winners (and especially losers). How many of them had a lights-out goalie?

For what it's worth, the Habs have scored first in their last five games-close to 15% of the season.

Its not a bad thing by any means. But Bishop is a lights out goalie too. And they did not even need him to beat the red hot habs in montreal. He was called on to make all of 18 saves. No second shots. In other words Tbay can beat good teams without the goalie standing on his head. Habs cant do that.Too many leaks in their sixty minute game. Like Hasek for Sabres in late 90's Price hides a lot of deficiencies. Can he be lights out every night in a play off series? maybe..........says here he will have to be. OH the pressure of goaltending in Montreal. :flaming:

Holy Jesus, the logic of some Habs fans blows my mind, a lot of Jerkshire wanna be's maybe? The negativity among Hab fans on all discussion forums after that loss, borders insanity. :flaming:

There is no logic in assuming it's a given, that Price wins every game for us... he didn't really have that much to do vs Pit for example, he is our best player, and does win games for us, a lot, but doesn't win every game for us.

Yeah, we got a great goalie, but he is not the sole reason we have won so much this year... one loss and we didn't show up as a team, were truly on the bad side of the officiating/undisciplined, whatevs, the last game is not a true gauge for this team. What about the 2-1 loss to Anaheim? What about the last lost to Chicago? What about Pit b!tch slapping Tampa, and then we dominated them in Pittsburg? Some times it doesn't go your way, it's a hockey game FFS. :wall:

This contender talk is just talk, any team that has shown what Montreal has this year, and having the pieces we do have, is indeed a contender, anything can happen when the playoffs start, we are a good team, and we are close enough that a player or two stepping up, or a trade can make us even closer.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, and not back at Tuesday... :thumbs_up:

• Upvote 2

Its not a bad thing by any means. But Bishop is a lights out goalie too. And they did not even need him to beat the red hot habs in montreal. He was called on to make all of 18 saves. No second shots. In other words Tbay can beat good teams without the goalie standing on his head. Habs cant do that.Too many leaks in their sixty minute game. Like Hasek for Sabres in late 90's Price hides a lot of deficiencies. Can he be lights out every night in a play off series? maybe..........says here he will have to be. OH the pressure of goaltending in Montreal. :flaming:

If Tbay can beat good teams without their goalie that much, then why don't they dominate the standings ? Why do they have the exact same W and L as we do ?

Oh yes right. they have other problems. Just like us. Just like every team.

If Tbay can beat good teams without their goalie that much, then why don't they dominate the standings ? Why do they have the exact same W and L as we do ?

Oh yes right. they have other problems. Just like us. Just like every team.

ha! Yes they do. Would not know it when they play the habs though. 11-3? Basically dominated play for six periods.

Holy Jesus, the logic of some Habs fans blows my mind, a lot of Jerkshire wanna be's maybe? The negativity among Hab fans on all discussion forums after that loss, borders insanity. :flaming:

There is no logic in assuming it's a given, that Price wins every game for us... he didn't really have that much to do vs Pit for example, he is our best player, and does win games for us, a lot, but doesn't win every game for us.

Yeah, we got a great goalie, but he is not the sole reason we have won so much this year... one loss and we didn't show up as a team, were truly on the bad side of the officiating/undisciplined, whatevs, the last game is not a true gauge for this team. What about the 2-1 loss to Anaheim? What about the last lost to Chicago? What about Pit b!tch slapping Tampa, and then we dominated them in Pittsburg? Some times it doesn't go your way, it's a hockey game FFS. :wall:

This contender talk is just talk, any team that has shown what Montreal has this year, and having the pieces we do have, is indeed a contender, anything can happen when the playoffs start, we are a good team, and we are close enough that a player or two stepping up, or a trade can make us even closer.

"Sometimes it does not go your way FFS".........and sometimes it does go your way. YEP, and we as fans have over analyzed this since hockey was played on a river. That's just one more thing to enjoy in being a sports/hockey fan. It's why 24/7 sports tv channels, radio stations, news paper columns, and habs talk chatlines thrive all day every day, discussing the same thing over, and over, and over. Forming multiple opinions that totally contradict one an others.

If I think that the lightning, hawks, or ducks (or whoever for that matter) are a better/deeper team with superior coaching than MY Canadiens ......you call that observation "being negative" ....... well sorry to break it to ya buddy, its just another guys opinion "FFS" :wall: .......conflicting opinions among other things contribute to interesting dialog.

GO HABS ( nothing wrong with being a fan of the underdog with faulty coaching .. :thumbs_up:

ha! Yes they do. Would not know it when they play the habs though. 11-3? Basically dominated play for six periods.

haha I'll give you 4 periods. Not 6 though. :P

The Habs are not a dominating powerhouse. Everybody agrees with that. What they are, for whatever reason (whether it be Price or something else) is a top team in the East. They could come out of the East. Or they could lose somewhere along the line to one of the other strong clubs (TB, Pittsburgh). That's entirely normal. Even the Chicagos of the world are more likely to lose than to win. But there is a tendency on both sides hereabouts - the optimists v.s. the pessimists - to draw too many conclusions from a single game. Both of our losses to TB have been aberrant, from what I can tell: the blow-out is aberrant by definition, and Subban's brain-cramps are actually out of character. When your best position player has an off-night like that, it's hard for a team to win. It will be up to the team to bring its 'A' game if we face those guys in the dance.

Like many people, I pegged TB at the start of the season as perhaps the only team that was superior to us in the Conference. But I don't think they're light-years ahead of us by any means.

Bishop has our number similar to how Martin Brodeur used to have our number. Not much else to say. I only watched half of the game but the majority of Tampa's shots that made it to Price were softies. Beating us on the shot clock that night didn't mean as much as the puck possession, which felt even when the game was 5 on 5. Anyone remember Max Pacioretty keeping it in their zone for what felt like forever? A few less dumb penalties and the Habs would have looked a lot more competitive. Then again I don't know if we fell apart in the third like we did last game against Tampa. Even then I find it funny how the negativity returns after a six game winning streak with five straight wins on the road.

The LA Kings last year were 4-6 against the Blackhawks last year. All that really mattered was that their four wins came in the playoffs.

nice rant. :)

The Habs are not a dominating powerhouse. Everybody agrees with that. What they are, for whatever reason (whether it be Price or something else) is a top team in the East. They could come out of the East. Or they could lose somewhere along the line to one of the other strong clubs (TB, Pittsburgh). That's entirely normal. Even the Chicagos of the world are more likely to lose than to win. But there is a tendency on both sides hereabouts - the optimists v.s. the pessimists - to draw too many conclusions from a single game. Both of our losses to TB have been aberrant, from what I can tell: the blow-out is aberrant by definition, and Subban's brain-cramps are actually out of character. When your best position player has an off-night like that, it's hard for a team to win. It will be up to the team to bring its 'A' game if we face those guys in the dance.

Like many people, I pegged TB at the start of the season as perhaps the only team that was superior to us in the Conference. But I don't think they're light-years ahead of us by any means.

Why does Tampa have worse record than Habs then Sparky? And Habs/Pitt are most dominating eastern teams to date? Luck?

Like many people I pegged the TB to be superior as well. So not "drawing too many conclusions from a single game". My conclusions (like yours) were drawn before they even played. Nothing has happened in the meetings between the two to draw a different conclusion. But as they say "thats why they play the games" Up sets happen every spring!

Why does Tampa have worse record than Habs then Sparky? And Habs/Pitt are most dominating eastern teams to date? Luck?

Not luck, but you cant deny they have not measured up against the lightning this season head to head. The only eastern team fans happier than hab fans? Lightning fans.

Habs lost to Oilers, Sabres and the Flames, which means exactly what? If you say SFA, you are likely correct.

Or maybe being shutout by Oilers is indicative of really being a pretender I guess?

Oh well, Bergy might as well be proactive, toss in the towel now and start to regroup for 15-16 or 16-17 season, when maybe can be a 'real' contender. :nuts:

But, too bad as I had high hopes for a good playoff run this year, but why beat head against the wall when aint got what it takes for a parade to happen. :surrender:

Did you even watch the playoffs last year?

We all did, but wait, they didn't have Bishop...

But oh, wait again, Tampa DON'T RELY on their goalie.

Habs lost to Oilers, Sabres and the Flames, which means exactly what? If you say SFA, you are likely correct.

Or maybe being shutout by Oilers is indicative of really being a pretender I guess?

Oh well, Bergy might as well be proactive, toss in the towel now and start to regroup for 15-16 or 16-17 season, when maybe can be a 'real' contender. :nuts:

But, too bad as I had high hopes for a good playoff run this year, but why beat head against the wall when aint got what it takes for a parade to happen. :surrender:

Because upsets can happen along the way to building a contender. You know that Don. :thumbs_up: But i agree, losing against oilers last fall means SFA now......as does winning against the bruins last spring.

But we all look for indicators dont we....................or the win loss columns called "the NHL standings" would not be worth a glimpse.

We all did, but wait, they didn't have Bishop...

But oh, wait again, Tampa DON'T RELY on their goalie.

Remove Bishop and is a 4 game 1st round sweep, remove Price and still a 6 game Semi-Finals series.

Hmm, which goalie is relied on moreso? :tumbleweed:

Remove Bishop and is a 4 game 1st round sweep, remove Price and still a 6 game Semi-Finals series.

Hmm, which goalie is relied on moreso? :tumbleweed:

last year............ not this. Tbay improved big time since end of last season. As did habs.

Might have something to do with being out scored 11-3 in 2 games. I dunno.

Bishop has our number similar to how Martin Brodeur used to have our number. Not much else to say. I only watched half of the game but the majority of Tampa's shots that made it to Price were softies. Beating us on the shot clock that night didn't mean as much as the puck possession, which felt even when the game was 5 on 5. Anyone remember Max Pacioretty keeping it in their zone for what felt like forever? A few less dumb penalties and the Habs would have looked a lot more competitive. Then again I don't know if we fell apart in the third like we did last game against Tampa. Even then I find it funny how the negativity returns after a six game winning streak with five straight wins on the road.

The LA Kings last year were 4-6 against the Blackhawks last year. All that really mattered was that their four wins came in the playoffs.

title of the thred is habs vs lightning ...... so thats the game we are going over. "negative" ? Nope, the six game winning streak is/was darn good.......and it took a darn good team to stop it at six, we are just discussing that. Sensitive habs fans on this site. :angry2:

I know the team wont bother with as many excuses as some fans do , and just use the (11-3 lopsided efforts) to see what they need to do to beat the lightning in the future. Some of you guys sound like a jealous lover if some one says anything good about a team that beat the Habs. :flaming: Its ok boys, Tbay is a good team, figuring out whats needed to beat them is key........because the road to the cup for montreal more than likely goes through Tampa bay. A decent power play will be needed.