Mar. 30, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Don't take things so literal..you do see where it says not likely right? The month is only 7 days old, i'm sure you'll find something else to grip about...and why does everything have to become an argument?!

Don't take things so literal..you do see where it says not likely right? Why does everything have to be a fn argument?!

But for a Habs forum, you gotta admit is out there, I thought was a bit odd comment as well and obviously you posted it for comment...no?

And i doubt many would give other teams that much love. You really didnt expect anyone to agree with you on this...did you?

Guess it was my twisted way of saying "Tampa and NYR are both solid contenders to meet up in the ECF" And i'm not drooling over them, just have a certain amount of respect for them...but how boring is that? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Don't take things so literal..you do see where it says not likely right? The month is only 7 days old, i'm sure you'll find something else to grip about...and why does everything have to become an argument?!

Hey-you know what is "literal?"

A sweep. To review, a sweep is when one team wins the first four games of a series. When one team wins the series without another team winning a game. 4-0. No wins for one team, all the wins for the other team. A sweep means a team is elminated.

Saying that the Rangers and the Bolts will "sweep the first two series on the way to the ECF" is a very strong and very precise statement. If you don't want a response to a statement like that, how about you just say it in the shower or in the car on your way to work?

I have to agree with IllWill, like it or not, most of us who bother to post to a Habs forum are Habs fans. The amount of drooling, nay, I say self-hatred with regards to other teams in the Eastern Conference lately on HW is disconcerting. This isn't like years gone by where there are teams that the Habs are just plain worse than. This year, the Habs have a great chance to get out of the Eastern Conference.

Yeah, saying NYR and TBL are contenders and could POSSIBLY SWEEP is incredibly stupid. How about you put me on ignore too, prick

Very stupid.

Name a team that's swept their way to the ECF? Then name two and I'll retract my statements.

I got a website just for you, buddy boy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tampa+bay+lightning+forum&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

LM is looking to have a fight with someone. Can't we all just get along? :habslogo:

Yeah, let's all post a bunch of nonsense. I bet it's more fun to post than read. Maybe you guys can have a sports show where you read these things out loud. Does "Pee Wee's Playhouse" still have a viewership?

I'm just shocked at the current infestation of trolls. Usually these guys avoid HW because of the small, insular nature of the community. The trolls usually go to HIO where they can get as much attention as possible. Everything you and your buddies post is just for attention.

Yeah, let's all post a bunch of nonsense. I bet it's more fun to post than read. Maybe you guys can have a sports show where you read these things out loud. Does "Pee Wee's Playhouse" still have a viewership?

I'm just shocked at the current infestation of trolls. Usually these guys avoid HW because of the small, insular nature of the community. The trolls usually go to HIO where they can get as much attention as possible. Everything you and your buddies post is just for attention.

LM you have been on a rampage for over a month, attacking anyone and everyone.Why don't you just calm down.

• Upvote 2

LM you have been on a rampage for over a month, attacking anyone and everyone.Why don't you just calm down.

Why don't you just shut up? Nobody seems to argue with you, but you always come to the rescue of a few inane posters. I don't think I've addressed your posts in months.

Hey! I got one for you, as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=passive+aggressive+message+board&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Now if we can just find Habs 30/31 a Leaf's/Broons message board....

• Upvote 1

You're never going to agree with every Habs fan. There are going to be Habs fans you don't like. Some you can't stand being in a room with. That doesn't make them less of a Habs fan or you more of a Habs fan. It just means you don't like that person who likes the same team as you.

I don't care for true fan/fake fan discussions. I don't care if you wear Habs gear but never watch a game. Say you're a fan? You're a fan. Even if I don't like you.

You're never going to agree with every Habs fan. There are going to be Habs fans you don't like. Some you can't stand being in a room with. That doesn't make them less of a Habs fan or you more of a Habs fan. It just means you don't like that person who likes the same team as you.

I don't care for true fan/fake fan discussions. I don't care if you wear Habs gear but never watch a game. Say you're a fan? You're a fan. Even if I don't like you.

I don't care about being a true fan or not, I'm not going to let people get away with their BS, online or not. And if someone wants to butt in, I'll make sure that they keep their hands away from a hot stove the next time.

Nobody says boo to that guy, he just feels the need to stick his nose in it. The three billy goats gruff, and they're all on their way under the bridge.

The prick comment was childish and uncalled for, no question; but really not sure why you both are so worked up.

Seems to be happening often this year and his suggestion of simply ignoring those who really push your buttons, might be a good one.

I just find it bizarre that this has been - easily - the most puerile, angry, negativity-filled season in my years on Habsworld. And yet it's been the Habs' best season in decades! You'd THINK our emergence as a genuine contender or near-contender would be accompanied by sweetness and light hereabouts. But no, it's just the reverse.

I just find it bizarre that this has been - easily - the most puerile, angry, negativity-filled season in my years on Habsworld. And yet it's been the Habs' best season in decades! You'd THINK our emergence as a genuine contender or near-contender would be accompanied by sweetness and light hereabouts. But no, it's just the reverse.

I put the two people I don't care to read on ignore but the problem is certain posters who can't stand them (replying in this thread) can't get the hint and keep replying to them, meaning I have to read the bile that's going and it just derails threads completely. If this continues in the playoffs I'll just show myself out the door because it's toxic.

The prick comment was childish and uncalled for, no question; but really not sure why you both are so worked up.

Seems to be happening often this year and his suggestion of simply ignoring those who really push your buttons, might be a good one.

Yeah, you're right DON/MOLG. I decided to stop posting for awhile and take everyone off ignore, but it's clear that even after a month off, some people are only out to push buttons here. And it's sad.

I think a lot of fans really enjoy following a bad team because the losing is a subplot to the loser of a life they lead. Then when the team turns it around, they lose not only their outlet for their frustrations but can't believe in their defeatist outlook that their team can win, their situation can improve, they can send out a resume and actually get hired, etc. When the team does well, they can't accept it and they aren't able to cope. Or their situation is so pathetic that they fear the rug being pulled out from under them Fear of success is real.

Then, when the team does lose, because 29 teams will eventually lose the Stanley Cup, the negative feelings and outlooks are validated. You can see this already in the "wait until the end of playoffs" posts. What's even better are that these fans are right. What could be worse than losing the Cup? Being wrong about some silly prediciton. I guess they've always been a part of the fan base, but they've been disguised by the Gainey, Houle, Tremblay years.

And another thread goes by the wayside. Anyone want to help moderate the board? I'm getting tired of dealing with this on a regular basis and could really use some help. If you can't be civil, don't post. Simple as that. If you can't abide by that, I wish you well on another forum.

Multiple suspensions have been issued this time. I'm fed up with dealing with the bickering. Given that this is a smaller community, we don't want to ban anyone but if this continues come the playoffs, we will. We're not going to tolerate losing quality posters as a result of the arguing and the stupidity.