Oct. 20, Blues vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

You're right about that MoLG.

Being physical... What does it mean ? Does it means killing opponents with body check ?

Clearing the crease... Who clears the crease in the NHL ? No one. Gallagher is the living proof of that.

100% of time, clearing the crease means either boarding, cross checking or roughing penalties.

The most you can do in this league is a little bit of roughing and/or cross checking. That, and lifting up the stick of your opponent.

There is no such thing as clearing the crease.

my point exactly :thumbs_up:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean hits like the beautiful hip check Emelin tossed last game is an art and he was not called for it, nor was he when he flattened Lucic over and over again. Petry & Pateryn ride guys into the boards and dosent get called for it.

Clean hits like the beautiful hip check Emelin tossed last game is an art and he was not called for it, nor was he when he flattened Lucic over and over again. Petry & Pateryn ride guys into the boards and dosent get called for it.

Same type of stuff Subban did before MT told him not to.

You keep using the word "physical" when I think you mean "imposing". No, we don't have any imposing D. We don't need them either.

Subban should. He's a big physical player who can hit. He doesn't fight - which is good, we don't want him in the box, but that guy is built pretty scary. The dude's 220 lbs at only 6 feet tall, and solid muscle.

All NHLers are in great shape. They live in the gym, have personal trainers, team trainers, work out circuit training guides, specialty exercises based on age, size and postion played, work out like mad all summer. Subban no exception. Agree though on the no fighting, seen him try to fight in the A and a couple times in the NHL. ha! Put it this way, he and Semin would be a pretty even slap dance.

Same type of stuff Subban did before MT told him not to.

Examples provided:

All NHLers are in great shape. They live in the gym, have personal trainers, team trainers, work out circuit training guides, specialty exercises based on age, size and postion played, work out like mad all summer. Subban no exception. Agree though on the no fighting, seen him try to fight in the A and a couple times in the NHL. ha! Put it this way, he and Semin would be a pretty even slap dance.

Yeah, but look at Subban. Look at that build. The guy's a monster.

"First half of first period" was all St Louis. Give the blues some credit on that. They stormed us and the forwards on the habs took awhile before they were not getting out played as well. Good game by Habs. Great start by Blues.

Sure and a long stretch of the second period the Habs had the blues hemmed in their own zone...

To the point that after 2 periods the Shooting attempts were 40-39 for St.Louis.

So what does it mean????

Sure and a long stretch of the second period the Habs had the blues hemmed in their own zone...

To the point that after 2 periods the Shooting attempts were 40-39 for St.Louis.

So what does it mean????

Could not agree more.

I was merely replying to Dons comment that half the Habs D stunk for the "first half of the first period" is all. Thought for that short time it was more a case of the Blues playing well or a combination of both.

Habs came alive after the Max goal. Then were awesome in the third. No doubt.

It was supposed to mean habs-d sucked to start last game and Price needed to make 17 saves in 1st period (shot attempts? sound fancy to me.)

And was another shot at Beaulieu who seems same ol as last year; skilled, capable, can skate, but also a "bit' scary in own end, as Gilbert is an adventure often alongside him, but both do make some smart plays.

Maybe with Petry or Markov he would do better, but I wouldn't hesitate to scratch him or Gilbert for 1 game after 1st loss and give Pateryn or Tinordi some icetime.

It was supposed to mean habs-d sucked to start last game and Price needed to make 17 saves in 1st period (shot attempts? sound fancy to me.)

And was another shot at Beaulieu who seems same ol as last year; skilled, capable, can skate, but also a "bit' scary in own end, as Gilbert is an adventure often alongside him, but both do make some smart plays.

Maybe with Petry or Markov he would do better, but I wouldn't hesitate to scratch him or Gilbert for 1 game after 1st loss and give Pateryn or Tinordi some icetime.

Agree with having NB play with Markov or Subban. Stands to reason Markovs game would be suffer to some extent if his partner was Gilbert instead of Subban. As would PK's game not look so polished if he was playing with Gilbert. Ditto for Emelin. So you don't have to imagine NBs' challenge of trying to playing well in his first full NHL season gets even trickier when paired with Gilly. Don't see the logic in making the youngest, still developing dman partners with your worst player. But hey, the genius knows best.

They had a bad first period... price bailed them out.... they had a great second and third. Shots were 38-36 overall... Again, what does it mean.

As for scratching Beaulieu to play Tinordi. I wouldn't... just watch the way the Habs are playing, and the ability to move the puck is huge in their system and getting them wins.... scratching a guy who is a huge part of that and bringing in a d who can't move the puck is not going to help them.

huge part? He was benched for awhile last game wasn't he? But, I agree it would be night-day with Tinordi handling & moving the puck for sure, but gotta see how he does or try and showcase him for other teams, don't you?

Or then simply waive him and cross fingers he makes it to St Johns.

Let's face it: the only reason Jarred Tinordi is a Montreal Canadien is because Marc Bergevin does not want to lose him for free on waivers.

At some point, when this team is focused on the playoffs in February, a decision needs to already be made with Tinordi. Because it's pretty likely that Bergevin will want a 7th/8th defencemen we can trust if someone in the six goes down.

Long season, and injuries can happen, it's up to Tinordi to impress, and then actually get up on the depth chart ahead of Pateryn, his problem is he hasn't performed when the time was nigh.

He hasn't done enough to earn a shot, and yeah, he's only there so Bergevin doesn't lose him on waivers.

Whatever happens we are winning, and there is no way, by any logic, that Beaulieu gets taken out and made sit, for Tinordi, or Pateryn for that matter.

Just my 2 cents...

Good problem to have. In a cap structured system look around the league..........7th and 8th d are not exactly star players. Habs have Tinordi and Patryn as their 7th and 8th. I'll put that up against any teams 7th and 8th.

I like the structure of the this club so far. Few more seasons and MB will have the farm club loaded with deadline trade bait too boot.

Now if we could just do a slight up grade on our 5th Dman (Gilly) and our head coach. Minor tweaks . :rofl:

Tinordi's not competing with Pateryn for a spot. MT has a nice luxury of having 4 righties and 4 lefties on defense, and he'll use them that way.

If Subban, Petry, or Gilbert go down, Pateryn is the automatic go-to guy. Tinordi only gets in if Markov, Emelin, or Beaulieu go down.