Oct. 20, Blues vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Good fight. He's played terrible tonight though

Tried to make up for it with the fight maybe.

Not making excuses for the guy but learning how to play D at the NHL level is difficult enough............doing it with Gilbert as your partner? Even trickier.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Habs are for real. Did anyone start 7-0 last year?

2012-2013 Sharks was the last time.

This team is a beauty when they play like they can. Wow. If Le Genius leaves them alone and lets them play it is all good. I mean that in the nicest way. A good coach does not mess with success, so really big kudos to him. He may earn my respect if he keeps this up. This team is playing lights out hockey, I can see 10 and 0 in the future. Absolutely fantastic. The powerplay was shit tonight but who cares we did not need it. Keep practicing so we have it when we need it. :hyper::habslogo:

Recognition to our Defence

From top to bottom we are looking really good back there.

Petry is doing wonders right now... Thank God MB listened to my plea . He is really helping Emelins game and propping him up as a legit number 4.

At this point Jeff is giving both subban and Markov a run for their money for tops on the team

Sure sounds like I missed a good one tonight, but I signed up for the rest of the season. Glad you guys had such a good time with les merveileux.

We held our own against a very tough team. Wouldn't want to face the Blues in a 7 game series. That Tarasenko is a beast, at this point easily the best player from Chucky's year. Our bottom-6 made the difference. DD and Fleisch are a joy to watch.

We held our own against a very tough team. Wouldn't want to face the Blues in a 7 game series. That Tarasenko is a beast, at this point easily the best player from Chucky's year. Our bottom-6 made the difference. DD and Fleisch are a joy to watch.

They weren't drafted in the same year... but sure, Tarasenko is in fact outplaying everyone from Galchenyuk's draft.

They weren't drafted in the same year... but sure, Tarasenko is in fact outplaying everyone from Galchenyuk's draft.

Whoops, thought that cause they came in at the same time and never checked. That's a little relieving that he's a couple years older than I thought.

Whoops, thought that cause they came in at the same time and never checked. That's a little relieving that he's a couple years older than I thought.

Yeah, he's the 2010 draft year, which is turning into a pretty stacked first round. The Blues had two picks that round. The other was Jaden Schwartz.

Guest Stogey24

Tried to make up for it with the fight maybe.

Not making excuses for the guy but learning how to play D at the NHL level is difficult enough............doing it with Gilbert as your partner? Even trickier.

Oh I hear ya. I love the guy, he's just struggled out the gate

This team is a beauty when they play like they can. Wow. If Le Genius leaves them alone and lets them play it is all good. I mean that in the nicest way. A good coach does not mess with success, so really big kudos to him. He may earn my respect if he keeps this up. This team is playing lights out hockey, I can see 10 and 0 in the future. Absolutely fantastic. The powerplay was shit tonight but who cares we did not need it. Keep practicing so we have it when we need it. :hyper::habslogo:

:thumbs_up:

Recognition to our Defence

From top to bottom we are looking really good back there.

Petry is doing wonders right now... Thank God MB listened to my plea . He is really helping Emelins game and propping him up as a legit number 4.

At this point Jeff is giving both subban and Markov a run for their money for tops on the team

Yes i would say so far that Markov has been our best Dman. Petry right up there. PK like last October starting slow out of the gate. Slow for him that is. Emelin has been just as good as Subban. ha!

Yeah, he's the 2010 draft year, which is turning into a pretty stacked first round. The Blues had two picks that round. The other was Jaden Schwartz.

Remember what St. Louis gave up to get the pick that nabbed them Tarasenko? David Rundblad. I think Ottawa might want a mulligan there...

Beaulieu was a giveaway machine last night. But then he held his own against Ott in a fight.

I think Therrien noticed his struggles as well as Beaulieu came in with a team low 10:59 of ice time. I know his fight cost him a couple of shifts but still, that's below his normal ice time.

Defensemen were horrible in 1st period, with Beaulieu and Gilbert really suckin. Beaulieu still weak and a work in progress, other than fight he was not much use, but not a chance Tinordi and/or Pateryn will draw in... is there (is a back to back fri-sat games)?

Love the bottom six speed, don't have to worry about odd-man rushes against with them on the ice, Mitchell can really fly and was very deserving of goal and Pelly of an assist.

Galchenyuk 6pts and 52.3% on faceoffs...nice to see; but still not sold on Semin at all and just when I was really gonna crap on him like a Rene Bourque...he actually helps, but one fluky goal only gives him a small reprieve.

@ Trizz

About Beaulieu's abiltiy to fight despite his skills set not being so goony. What about Vladimir Malakhov as a former Habs with this ability. I remember him destroying opponents in a few scraps. He probably was not involved in too many of them...

In the NHL right now, the best comparison would be Kris Letang.

Petry, Emelin, Beaulieu each listed with 4 give aways . Most of them early in the game too.

It felt like a lot more than that. I don't know how they calculate giveaways. Or takeaways. But I know I'm not alone there. I've heard several sportscasters say if they try to keep their own tallies in a game, they never match up to the scoresheet.

@ Trizz

About Beaulieu's abiltiy to fight despite his skills set not being so goony. What about Vladimir Malakhov as a former Habs with this ability. I remember him destroying opponents in a few scraps. He probably was not involved in too many of them...

In the NHL right now, the best comparison would be Kris Letang.

Wasn't watching a lot of Habs games in the Malakhov years, so I'll take your word on it!

It felt like a lot more than that. I don't know how they calculate giveaways. Or takeaways. But I know I'm not alone there. I've heard several sportscasters say if they try to keep their own tallies in a game, they never match up to the scoresheet.

Montreal's scorekeepers are notoriously generous with some of their judgement stats (hits and giveaways in particular). There were years not that long ago where Montreal led the league in hits solely because the home scorekeeper in Montreal handed them out like candy on Halloween. While they've scaled back on the hits now, they're very liberal with their definition of a giveaway. Last season, Montreal had 7 d-men in the top 90 in the league in giveaways. That's just not right.

Didn't they turn Rundblad into Turris? I mean, it's no Tarasenko but that's not bad.

Rundblad and a 2nd for Turris. That's better for them than Rundblad for Tarasenko straight up at least but I'm sure they'd rather have Tarasenko if they could get a do-over.