Dec. 12, Bruins vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24
Just now, CerebusClone said:

Is it just me or does Weber seem a little behind every play so far tonight?? Every shot is blocked, most passes get deflected. 

Hopefully by saying that he will score in the coming PP :-) 

Past 5 or 6 games I've been saying that. Stone hands and feet

Guest Stogey24

Are you facking serious. That was head shot

Then Krug skates right through the entire Habs team after the whistle and no one does anything 

4 minutes ago, CerebusClone said:

After Emelin's hit, it's starting to look like a Bruins-Habs game !! 

Yep, Emelin hit completely changed the complexion of the game. Old-school stuff out there...good for Gally for stepping up.

Too bad about Shaw.  I've always struggled with those hits, where the guy is leaning way over and consequently gets gonged on the noggin. However, if a bad hit is one where the point of contact is the head, then that's a bad hit.

Weber looks a step slow all right. He's either hurt, or feeling his age from the compressed schedule.

I'm not sure this style of game plays to our greatest strengths.  As fun as this is to watch, I want our guys focused on quick transitions that lead to scoring opportunities.  Get a lead, then maybe smash a few of the rotten SOB's.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

I'm not sure this style of game plays to our greatest strengths.  As fun as this is to watch, I want our guys focused on quick transitions that lead to scoring opportunities.  Get a lead, then maybe smash a few of the rotten SOB's.

That's what I was wondering as well. If the smaller guys don't get scared, and stick to the way we've been skating and controlling the puck, the Bruins will likely take themselves out of position while going for the hits. In that case we can capitalize. Also of course if the Bruins take a few penalties along the way... although they ignored Krug's hit to the head on Shaw, and Radulov's boarding on Miller, so it looks like the refs are in playoff mode ... 

However if our guys start thinking too much, and lose even a split second, the Bruins could get the advantage. 

9 minutes ago, CerebusClone said:

That's what I was wondering as well. If the smaller guys don't get scared, and stick to the way we've been skating and controlling the puck, the Bruins will likely take themselves out of position while going for the hits. In that case we can capitalize. Also of course if the Bruins take a few penalties along the way... although they ignored Krug's hit to the head on Shaw, and Radulov's boarding on Miller, so it looks like the refs are in playoff mode ... 

However if our guys start thinking too much, and lose even a split second, the Bruins could get the advantage. 

Agreed. While this team is fairly robust, we've always beaten Boston by playing OUR game, not theirs. 

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Gallagher has hit DD level useless...wow.  Lost out there.

He needs to turn it around soon...is bumbling the simplest plays even right now.

He did make a nice saucer to Plekanec who's  still unable to perform an actual one-timer...

Boston is doing a really good job at slowing the game down and stifling the transition game.  (They've also done well killing penalties, giving the Habs nothing to work with.)  They'll need to figure out a way to get back to a speed game for the 3rd.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, I think it's been an entertaining tilt so far...all caused by the Emelin hit.

Redmond seems very confident out there.

Definitely like what Redmond brings. So far anyways 

Bruins are, as dlbalr suggested, playing a hell of a road game. I thought we were luring them into gooning it up,  but no dice...and with that hermetic PP it might not matter anyway.

Price has had a few minor issues handling the puck tonight. 

EDIT: crap.