Dec. 12, Bruins vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

11 hours ago, sbhatt said:

This abysmal PP is getting sickening. 
And MT...wtf does it take for him to realize a guy is useless out there and take him off the PP?  Gallagher should not be out there...try someone else!

You mean Muller.

0 for 5 on PP was the killer. Darn Carlo killed most of PPs with Chara and 28 minutes for solid looking 20 yr old d-man, he looks like what we had hoped Tinordi would be. 23 minutes for Plekanec, why? And 25 minutes for Radulov is pretty kooky, while Flynn gets <7minutes after 2 goal game, why so little, seems he deserved a bit more that that?

But Markov adds another assist and only plays only 20minutes, nice to see Beaulieu is eating up some extra icetime and doing OK to so-so at least.

For the one hundred millionth time.... if your #1 weapon on the PP and your go to play is the Right handed point shot (Pk Subban, Shea Weber ... whoever) you need to set that up with a right handed passer on the right point... its only logical!!!!!!!!! markov needs to turn and square up to make the set up pass or back hand it to him in open play (outside of face offs when it its more ideal to a have a lefty there) it takes to much time and is telegraphed every time allowing the PKillers time to shift right and get in position. 

luckily Shea's shot is so dynamite its still able to penetrate... otherwise this PP would be struggling immensely again this season!

I think Weber is struggling a bit, partly because is playing with Emelin. Love his hitting but a puck mover is what Weber is used to playing with, so maybe time to give Beaulieu or Markov (if can limit his PK time) another shot?

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

For the one hundred millionth time.... if your #1 weapon on the PP and your go to play is the Right handed point shot (Pk Subban, Shea Weber ... whoever) you need to set that up with a right handed passer on the right point... its only logical!!!!!!!!! markov needs to turn and square up to make the set up pass or back hand it to him in open play (outside of face offs when it its more ideal to a have a lefty there) it takes to much time and is telegraphed every time allowing the PKillers time to shift right and get in position. 

luckily Shea's shot is so dynamite its still able to penetrate... otherwise this PP would be struggling immensely again this season!

LOL this makes no difference. 

Most NHL teams would prefer to have one right shot and one left shot if possible.  Most international teams set up with one right and one left.  So both defencemen are set up for one timers. 

Its amazing to me that nearly every coach would rather have one of each, but you are still banging this drum. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

LOL this makes no difference. 

Most NHL teams would prefer to have one right shot and one left shot if possible.  Most international teams set up with one right and one left.  So both defencemen are set up for one timers. 

Its amazing to me that nearly every coach would rather have one of each, but you are still banging this drum. 

Ya 5 on 5

5 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Ya 5 on 5

On PPs too.  It depends on personel, but when Personel isn't an issue and finding a RHD to go with a LHD on the PP, team Canada was good with putting them together and rotating them to their off-sides.  Most NHL teams who have both a good PP guy who is RH and one who is LH also do this. 

The vast majority of coaches have shown when given the option, they like having two guys capable of shooting at the point. 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

https://t.co/FBvY7Zr2iz

Sorry, I don't really know how to post the video 

Yes I noticed his reaction when the camera showed bench after Byron's goal and great to see him so excited.

Again I ask, can this guy remain so friggin pumped all the way till June? Would be great if he can and in a couple weeks he will be eligible to be extended by Bergevin.

2 hours ago, KoRP said:

Gotta re-sign him...

A new years wish for majority of HabFans for sure! Make it a big day and sign both he and Galchenyukto to new deals.

What about Markov?

Thing is I think it is not possible to get a much cheaper deal with Markov concidering he is still producing alot of points.

Is he worth 2 more years at 4,5-5,5M/year? Would he take less than 5?

Maybe keeping Markov is helping us keep Radulov.

2 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

What about Markov?

Thing is I think it is not possible to get a much cheaper deal with Markov concidering he is still producing alot of points.

Markov's salary is $4.25 million this year on a backloaded deal and I could see the team pushing him for him to stay around that amount if they wanted to re-sign him.  It's worth noting that the 35+ issue will come into play on any multi-year contract; my guess is that they'd rather go year-to-year with him.

Personally I could not care less about the players' emotion during the games, for some reason Pacioretty has become a useless, heartless, gutless piece of garbage because of does not smile enough during games. I would trade that reaction from Radulov anytime for actual production on the ice, which has not been great as of late. He did not get a point in 6 of his last 9 games. He was also a minus player 6 times during that period. I have noticed less and less in the last few games except for the blowout against Colorado. 

We absolutely need to resign Radulov, and I agree that he is our most talented forward offensively. Right now it seems he can do no wrong, however there is a point where the honeymoon will be over - probably once he signs a lucrative multiyear contract and gets a letter on his jersey - and all the fancy stick handling and great smiles won't be enough. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

What about Markov?

The way he is playing, no doubt we need to resign Markov to a one or two-year deal. That would give us time to coach Sergachev properly with less pressure on his shoulders, and have Sergachev take Markov's role in the team when he retires. 

If Markov leaves at the end of this season, there is a huge gap in our defense that we are not ready to fill...