Am I the only Habs fan that has had enough of Galchenyuk?

THE Bobby Orr

Didn't he have a pretty good run when Julien first came on board? 11pts in 12 games or something like that? As is typical, then he struggled and was moved down...not making it any easier to break out of a slump.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

His career PPG is still better at Centre... and thats without "Cherry picking. "

But I don't call 45 game samples Cherry picking. 

OK, didnt think it was significantly different.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Until he got injured he was doing really good. Is that cherry picking? After he got back he had trouble and after Barber Bill came it got worse. But he wasn't playing centre then.

He has been centre & wing for basically 3 years now.

(Not that I am complaining about Galchneyuk, or want him traded and I think he will be fine next year at centre...or wing)

Edited by DON
add stuff

33 minutes ago, huzer said:

Didn't he have a pretty good run when Julien first came on board? 11pts in 12 games or something like that? As is typical, then he struggled and was moved down...not making it any easier to break out of a slump.

Yup, and he was used at Centre then.

When moved to wing his numbers fell off and never recovered. 

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

In Bergevin's mind he acquired two in Danault and Shaw.

How did that work out? Oh yeah it is golf season. Anybody think Tiger will ever come back?

According to Bergevin Galchenyuk's immediate future is on the wing. Because we all know centers learn to hone their defense game best when they have no time to practice that position.

12 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

In Bergevin's mind he acquired two in Danault and Shaw.

:lol:

On Galchenyuk, it actually doesn't matter which position he plays. What matters is that the Habs acquire AT LEAST one legitimate top-6 C for next season. If they are bound and determined that that not be Galy, then fine. Go out and get one. No excuses, you dummies.

1LW: Pacioretty

2LW: Lehkonen

3LW: Byron

3C: Danault

3C: Plekanec

2RW: Gallagher

3F: Shaw

???: Galchenyuk

That's what Montreal is looking at next season for the top 9 unless they re-sign Radulov and/or Plekanec goes to Vegas and/or they trade/sign someone.

They need a 1C and a 2C or two 2C or whatever. They need to replace Radulov if he leaves. They need to figure out what to do with Galchenyuk.

Guest Stogey24

Plekanec better facking not be back next year. His time has come and past. Move on one way or another from that boat anchor of a contract 

I think Danault would be an excellent 3rd C, but if he can progress next year he's a 2nd C. I mean the guy had 40 points, not too bad. He could easily be a number 2. He plays fast, hard, and shows a tendency to make smart plays. He was a very quiet bright spot this year

13 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I think Danault would be an excellent 3rd C, but if he can progress next year he's a 2nd C. I mean the guy had 40 points, not too bad. He could easily be a number 2. He plays fast, hard, and shows a tendency to make smart plays. He was a very quiet bright spot this year

The hope with Danault reminds me of what people wanted for Lars Eller. Had the Habs put Eller with the best wingers he'd too be a 40 point centreman. 

Guest Stogey24
16 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I don't see the offense. I know nothing, but from what I've seen, I just don't see the finish ever being there. 

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

:lol:

On Galchenyuk, it actually doesn't matter which position he plays. What matters is that the Habs acquire AT LEAST one legitimate top-6 C for next season. If they are bound and determined that that not be Galy, then fine. Go out and get one. No excuses, you dummies.

Well are no all-star or #1 centres going to free agency. So will need to part with current assets and you want a top six centre, so what are you willing to part with (aside from typical garbage people propose), that will "REALISTICALLY" make a Sakic or other GM part with a top quality centre? Which would start with offering up Sergachev and may need to also include Lehkonen, or Gallagher?

Tell me what a Non-Dummy would deal away and for which centre? Go big with a Pacioretty, Galchenyuk? (Beaulieu isn't worth much, but could be good toss in)

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

40 points for the amount of time he spent with Radulov and Pacioretty isn't really all that good. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Well are no all-star or #1 centres going to free agency. So will need to part with current assets and you want a top six centre, so what are you willing to part with (aside from typical garbage people propose), that will "REALISTICALLY" make a Sakic or other GM part with a top quality centre? Which would start with offering up Sergachev and may need to also include Lehkonen, or Gallagher?

Tell me what a Non-Dummy would deal away and for which centre? Go big with a Pacioretty, Galchenyuk? (Beaulieu isn't worth much, but could be good toss in)

If Galchenyuk is in fact a LW  and that we're looking for a 1st line C,  then I would try to use Pacioretty as a traide bait.

I like him, like his shot and speed, his contract, obviously, but he doesn't seem like the real deal for a deep playoffs run, so better bring a really great 1st C  and play Galchenyuk on 1st line LW along with Radu/other 1st RW.

7 hours ago, Meller93 said:

According to Bergevin Galchenyuk's immediate future is on the wing. Because we all know centers learn to hone their defense game best when they have no time to practice that position.

but he isn't a C...this is what no one here is willing to admit.  He isn't a center....repeat 1000000 times 

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

The hope with Danault reminds me of what people wanted for Lars Eller. Had the Habs put Eller with the best wingers he'd too be a 40 point centreman. 

I can agree with that. The reason I say this is because Danault clearly progressed massively this year. If he progresses again next season he'll be second line C worthy imo. Ellen never took that step.

28 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

If Galchenyuk is in fact a LW  and that we're looking for a 1st line C,  then I would try to use Pacioretty as a traide bait.

I like him, like his shot and speed, his contract, obviously, but he doesn't seem like the real deal for a deep playoffs run, so better bring a really great 1st C  and play Galchenyuk on 1st line LW along with Radu/other 1st RW.

That's one way to go, obviously you wont replace his goal production and will need to pay more for said centre, but which centre is that good and also available? I think the number would be vey low, but some team may be deep at centre and wants a finisher...I just don't know what team that could be? Florida, Sabres, Aves, or Oilers maybe?

1 hour ago, DON said:

That's one way to go, obviously you wont replace his goal production and will need to pay more for said centre, but which centre is that good and also available? I think the number would be vey low, but some team may be deep at centre and wants a finisher...I just don't know what team that could be? Florida, Sabres, Aves, or Oilers maybe?

let's swap positions - put Max at center...haha ...why not?  we spent 4 years trying to make Chucky a center.  Max has size, can skate, can score goals...put him in the middle with Chucky and Radu...or Gally.  This is a tongue-in-cheek suggestion of course...but the idea of trading one of the most consistent (NHL top-tier) leading scorer on a team that has problems scoring doesn't seem right.  

• 1 month later...
Guest Stogey24

Kind of the opposite of this thread, but I didn't know where else to post it.

Apparently Chucky is open to taking a 1 year deal.

I'm sure it's because he knows he had a down year. Just seems a little weird that Brisson would come out and say that.

Maybe a one year deal is the best option at this point... 

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Kind of the next opposite of this thread, but I didn't know where else to post it.

Apparently Chucky is open to taking a 1 year deal.

I'm sure it's because he knows he had a down year, just seems a little weird that Brisson would come out and say that.

Maybe a one year deal is the best option at this point... 

Maybe for him, but I would like to see him locked up to a long term deal and use his relatively poor ending to season to help keep salary at reasonable rate.

From HasbWorld main page link, he is bit on his comparables and possible options

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/analysis/2017/6/2/15726316/alex-galchenyuk-contract-extension-cost-rfa-comparables-marc-bergevin-tarasenko-forsberg-kadri

He wants a one year deal cause he's betting on proving himself and getting a lot more next year. 

Can't say I blame him.

And sure it would be nice to lock him up longer and keep the salary down, but he has to agree.