Theo

Huet

Yannis

Heino-Lindburg

We have Chipchura, Locke and Higgins as young centers

Kositsyn and Perzogan as R wings

Plekanik and Lambert as L wings

Hainsley, Cote and Archer as Def

As I see it add 3 free agent LWs and 2 def and we are stacked.

Unrealistically I'd say

Kovalev

LeClair

Modano

Gonchar

Hatcher

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perez - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Hossa

Higgins - Begin - Ward

First line is very good. Goals and lots of them.

Second line is three question marks, could be excellent or a big time flop.

Third line seems like instant chemistry. Like a Czech/Slovak connection. Hossa has to be ready to come around.

Fourth line is an energy line, assuming we put Higgins in that type of a role. Maybe it's better of for him in the minors, maybe Plekanec steps in, or maybe we find another Dowd type player to play here. The roster would be pretty young without another vet to slide in.

Sundstrom is a useful player. But where does he fit? I'm sure he can stick around, but I'd rather have a more energy-type vet than a more reserved guy like Sundstrom. Who knows.

The D is pretty straight forward. Hainsey and Komisarek stay, Bouillon hovers around the 6, 7 spot, and another guy is brought in to make them a little stronger on the back.

[Edited on 2005/7/28 by jl.roberts]

Trade Ribeiro for a Dman, release Dagenais, and sign Kariya.

L1: Kariya - Koivu - Zednik

L2: Higgins - Bonk - Ryder

L3: Bulis - Plekanec - Perezhogin

L4: Ward - Begin - Sundstrom

D1: Souray - Whoever we get in a trade for Ribeiro

D2: Markov - Komisarek

D3: Rivet - Hainsey

G1: Theodore

G2: Danis

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I could not agree more!

Trade Ribs while he has value and release Dags to go work in a hotdog factory. :clap:

No thank you for Kariya.

He may be a terrific player but, at his age and health problems, I don't know.

31 isn't too old but he's missed an awful lot of games in the last couple of years and he's got concussion problems. It may be that the year off has been sufficient to clear up those issues but it's still a risk.

On top of that, Ribeiro is still young yet. He'll mature with time. He may not be of Kariya's quality but he's on the rise of his career.

Keep Ribeiro.

Plekanac isn't ready to be a 4th line winger nevermind a 3rd line center.

I wouldn't be trading anybody now. If I was Gainey, I'd try to sign a Free Agent Defensman first and foremost. Either Adrian Aucoin or Adam Foote. Then try and sign a winger like Kovalev or Kariya...I have no problem with Paul and think he would be a great addition.

Also I'd like to see Craig Rivet bought out. I think he's being paid way too much.

I agree with Shortcat 1. I'd keep Ribeiro as well. At about $1,500,000 for about 65 to 70 points I think is a steal. Definitley keep Ribeiro.

You guys have nuts :D

Usually I get flamed when I propose to trade ribs...

since "he was our best player" (######off)

Good lineup, but I'd get someone else than Kariya for 1st line... someone who can dig some ice space for Koivu, like Kovalev...

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I could not agree more!

Trade Ribs while he has value and release Dags to go work in a hotdog factory. :clap:

Originally posted by alexstream

You guys have nuts :D

Usually I get flamed when I propose to trade ribs...

since "he was our best player" (######off)

######off indeed....Ryder was the star of that line.

Dags - Ribs - Ryder

Is not a cup contender's second line. The only one who is second line material there is Ryder.

I want a cup :hlogo:

ribs might be worth the money, but contending teams dont tend to have 1.5mil 2nd line centers... the problem with ribs is that you cant stick him on the wing or the 3rd line... eventually he has to go

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

Dags - Ribs - Ryder

Is not a cup contender's second line. The only one who is second line material there is Ryder.

I want a cup :hlogo:

My argument exactly, but the reply is always a blind faith in stats one...

(using mocking pansy voice) No but look, Ribs and Dags were +1x and registered x many goals and points...

ya right, CJ was playing wisely that's why... of course they are offensive threats, but not as much as they are defensive liabilities...

I personally think that dagenais is the only person on that line who isn't "cup contender" 2nd line material.

Ryder and Ribeiro are perfectly fine, we just need a 3rd scorer in there and we are set.

[Edited on 04/07/1989 by habsfan88]

Originally posted by habsfan88

I personally think that dagenais is the only person on that line who isn't "cup contender" 2nd line material.

Ryder and Ribeiro are perfectly fine, we just need a 3rd scorer in there and we are set.

[Edited on 04/07/1989 by habsfan88]

For that line to be set, I'd want a young Chris Simon to play with them... a mean guy who'd let them breath freely

Well do you think we'd have enough cash to re-sign kovalev, sign a good UFA d-man, and sign a good solid 2nd liner to go with ribs and ryder?

We could always buy out or trade dags..even though i dont hate him nearly as much as alot of people on this forum. lol

You arn't suppose to need a CHris Simon in this new NHL. If they actually crack down on the obstruction like their suppose to, smaller or softer players like Koivu, Ribeiro, Higgins, Perezhogin should be able to thrive in the new NHL environment......if they crack down

Originally posted by kaos

You arn't suppose to need a CHris Simon in this new NHL. If they actually crack down on the obstruction like their suppose to, smaller or softer players like Koivu, Ribeiro, Higgins, Perezhogin should be able to thrive in the new NHL environment......if they crack down

obstruction = clutchin and grabing

without obstruction, you still need to win your battles to get the puck and there's still a lot of hitting going on...

Originally posted by simonus

ribs might be worth the money, but contending teams dont tend to have 1.5mil 2nd line centers... the problem with ribs is that you cant stick him on the wing or the 3rd line... eventually he has to go

Oh so you want the 9 million dollar second line center form the Rangers(Holik)? Way back when the last Stanley Cup was presented the Lightnings two top centers made between 1.5 and 2 mil. Calgarys top two made less and Patrivk Marleau from the confrence finalist Sharks made between 1.5 and 2. The conection?

They are all young and haven't struck the big payday yet, does that make them any less of a player 'cause they don't make enough? What team are we chearing for the Rangers of the Leafs?

you are absolutely correct. However, do you think ribeiro is in line for a huge pay increase? I don't think many teams are going to be throwing a ton of cash at him if he UFAs as the same player he was in 2003-04.

Perhaps he breaks out with the new obstruction rules, perhaps he toughens up, but as he is now he aint brad richards...

[Edited on 7/28/2005 by simonus]

Kovalev - Koivu - Zednik

LeClair/Hossa - Ribeiro/Bonk - Ryder

LeClair/Bulis - Bonk/Begin - Perezogin/Ward/Sundström

Bulis/Hossa - Begin/Ribeiro - Perezogin/Ward/Sundström

Markov - Souray

Bouillon - Zhitnik

Komisarek - Rivet

Theodore

Huet

A little options added as well... This is how I would be happy to see the habs next season.

Leclair could be a bit of a risk. He's getting older and his stats certainly aren't escalading....plus...if i am correct..he did not sign with any team in europe this season so he took the whole season off. It is a risk, but i am not saying he's a bad player.

Originally posted by habsfan88

Leclair could be a bit of a risk. He's getting older and his stats certainly aren't escalading....plus...if i am correct..he did not sign with any team in europe this season so he took the whole season off. It is a risk, but i am not saying he's a bad player.

agreed. It feels as though there ought to be some safer buys out there.

Originally posted by simonus

you are absolutely correct. However, do you think ribeiro is in line for a huge pay increase? I don't think many teams are going to be throwing a ton of cash at him if he UFAs as the same player he was in 2003-04.

Perhaps he breaks out with the new obstruction rules, perhaps he toughens up, but as he is now he aint brad richards...

[Edited on 7/28/2005 by simonus]

No, I don't think he should get a pay increase nor should Ryder until they show that they can do it at a consistant level. I'm just saying that if we can have a second line center at 1.5 mil who could do great things(or not) is being ahead of the game in this day and age and leaves money for other positions. Oh and hell no he ain't no Richards but not many are.

[Edited on 2005/7/29 by Pycalusus]