Which kid will make the Habs?

KoZed

As per my vote, Perezhogin.

Danis is a sure choice..to start the season

I think we'll see alot of higgins and perezhogin

whats goin on with hossa ?? I think he's done

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

What, no Plekanec??!! From the list id have to say Perezhogin or Streit.... I just dont like Hainsey or Hossa.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I am surprised that Plekanec isn't there too but that's what we have to work with.

I admit that me too, I didn't like Hossa at the beginning. It smelled too much of another Gilbert Dionne/Valeri Bure kind of thing - if the older one's good, the younger one should be too. I would sort have felt the same way with Mikko Koivu, I guess. It looks like that one will turn out ok but, still...

But, on the matter of Marcel Hossa, I decided to put that aside and hope the best for the team. If he's part of that best, then great!

Interestingly, I'm not of the same opinion with regards to the younger Kostsitsyn. I guess that comes, in part from the fact that he was picked so far down in the draft and that he has an underdog kind of quality to him. Also, there's the idea that his brother is already part of the team so it would be kind of neat to have brothers play 'side by side'.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by TheBigRedC
Originally posted by ap79

Damn... completly forgot about Plekanec. :| I'm new to this whole poll stuff. :guru:

Streit not a kid... but a "rookie" still. :P

Ap79 did not create the poll correctly,lets burn him at the stake :devil::king:

Dont touch me... or Frolov gets a career-ending injury!!!!

:P

Originally posted by beckham

Several of these players could be playing for the Habs this season. I think Price could be one of them, but obviously I'm the only one who thinks so.

Before tonight's game, I would have to agree that you would be the only one to think so, but I was there tonight, and WOW !!! Price really impressed me. Much better then Danis. The kid looked like a pro. Didn't look shaky at all, in fact he looked really confident out there.

Now I know why they selected him 5th overall. Covers a lot of net, challenges the shooters, always well positioned, looked really fluid and effortless, great lateral movement. Tonight I saw who will be the starting goalie of Team Canada at the WJC.

The problem is Theo is there and we can't afford to have him on the bench not developing him self, so there is no way he will start in Mtl.

Price and Latendresse...in a few years I think that we will say that 2005 was a great draft for us. A top #1 goalie and a top #1 power forward, hard to do better than that.

yeah, talent wise Price might have it now, but think about Fleury last season. After a few brilliant games he started to wear down (a large part very well might have been due to the barage of shots he had to face behind a horrible team that couldn't take advantage of his performance). Rather than give Price the crutch of youth, better to perserve his RFA status, confidence and increase his stamina outside the NHL. But... ooooooh.... there is something to look forward to.

I'd imagine Latendresse will be playing the next exhibition game.

Latendresse-Ribs-Ryder?

Latendresse-Ribs-Perez?

Bulis-Ribs-Latendresse?

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev?

The mouth salivates.

After seing the game at the Bell last night (Atlanta), I was able again to appreciate how good a player Hossa can be on a good night.

I thought he was a stand-out last night among the two teams on the ice. He is a strong skater, as great puck protection along the board, good vision and very good shot....if the determination he played with last night remains throughout the pre-season games he will no doubt be a starter with the team.

I dont see how Higgins would not start with the Club either,..this player can have the coach to relaxe as his overall play seems without any weak side,....which is good, good and good.

Is Hainsy ready to get his act together ? Its all up to him,.. its was obvious again how he could shine above the rest if he would play with a desire to do so.

Perezhogin as the offensive skills packaged in a way that will work very well with the new rules.

On the first pre-season match, it was easy to spot Dandenault and Bouillon as they brought a type of playing rather cleary above the youngs surrending them( Archer, Benoit, Streit, Hainsey,).

Althought the pre-season games are just beginning, I beleive strongly for now that the CH will get Hainsey over Streit or any other to start as a 7th defense.

I consider Hossa, Higgins and Perezhogin starter this year and Hainsey on defense.

Will the CH venture to ad even more youngs ?

Plekanec is a fast skater and they might lose him....so he as good chances if CH need more youngs.

Latendresse would need to perform like crasy if he wants to have any chance at all to start this year.

I thinck Price ( and the CH) as to much to gain by playing full time in the junior and that in itself should be obvious.

Danis on the other hand will be a question of his pre-season performances.

Hossa has had a few stints in Montreal, and while the end result has always been sounded on a sour note, there have been more than a few symphonic moments as well.

He *has* all the skills necessary to succeed at this level, it's all a matter of putting it together and combining that with the drive to succeed. In fact, I was firmly against his demotion last time he was with the big club. I felt that he wasn't given quite enough chance to play - it was only a handful of games. And during that handful of games, while there were many shifts where he was weak, there were also a good many when he was one of the better players on the ice. I felt that he should have been allowed to stay up and develop a little more - sometimes that's all it takes.

That, however, is all in the past and he's back and competing again. If he's found the drive, he's an NHLer and there's no doubt he could be a solid impact player. From what I've heard so far, he's doing well, but this is early and I'll wait to pass judgement until he actually makes the club.

In reality, as far as I'm concerned anyhow, even if three other rookies make the club, Hossa should be up there anyhow. He has at least the potential that Sundstrom has thus far, so at the very least I could see him replacing Sunny. As long as he puts in that effort, I think he's a lock for the NHL.

Colin