Ivanans in, Dags out.....

Mark Napier

That's essentially what he says. Due to the presence of Domi, Belak and Perrott, Ivanans will be needed as protection.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I don't think the team needs any "protection" from those goons. Let them take their dumb penalties and fill the nets on the PP. More likely that Dagenais is just so bad that Ivanans has to be a step up regardless of the situation.

I would personally pay big bucks to see Ivan clock Domi, but I know the coconut head will avoid that so I will settle for him straightening out some other Laugh.

Makes lines what?

Bulis Koivu Kovalev

Perez Ribs Ryder

Begin Bonk Ivannis

Higs Plek Sund

Why would you mess with the lines just because Ivanans is in? Keep them the way they were.

Kovalev - Koivu - Perezhogin

Plekanec/Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Plekanec/Higgins - Begin - Ivanans

Actually these were the lines they practiced with today, which are usually a good indicator of the lines they'll use in the next game...

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Plekanec

Ivanans - Begin - Sundstrom

So Plekanec and Sundstrom switch. We finally have a defensive fourth line instead of our most offensive one. I expect some punch from the third line today. The trio should capitalize on a slow team like Toronto and now they have three guys who can score rather than 2. Plekanec is a great guy to have with Bulis and Bonk because they're both half-offense/have-D while Plekanec is a great offensive threat. Higgins fits well for the struggling third line. 3 of our 4 goals came from this trio last night. Solid lines.

But I would eventually want to see Bulis on the top line. I think that given a chance he can score goals. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the ice time he got in Pardubice and he is no longer the center of attention of the team. I might be biased but I see some great offensive potential in him but it's outbursts are sporadic.

Originally posted by puck7x

Actually these were the lines they practiced with today, which are usually a good indicator of the lines they'll use in the next game...

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Plekanec

Ivanans - Begin - Sundstrom

Higgins & Plekanec both getting "promoted". More speed for Ribs line and more offense for Bonk's line. Begin's line will be interesting to watch as well.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

But I would eventually want to see Bulis on the top line. I think that given a chance he can score goals. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the ice time he got in Pardubice and he is no longer the center of attention of the team. I might be biased but I see some great offensive potential in him but it's outbursts are sporadic.

Wouldn't that be wild! The guys we got from Washington end up being among our top shooters!

I'd say, about Bulis being on the top line, GO FOR IT!!!!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I dont want to see Bulis on the top line. He deserves it but we have to have a mix of talent on all lines to compete. Bulis can make a good line better.

Colorado and Detroit for years experimented with this on a part time basis and it worked for them. Montreal is winning right now so lets keep everything close to the current formula. Plus Ryder should be up on the top line in the third period so he can get another game winning goal against ToRoNto.

Plekanec - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Ribs - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Perez - begin - Ivanans

And when zednik is back i hope Plekanec will get the former Dags place (2nd line), and Higgins will go back to his 4th line he played so good the last matches. The spot on the fourth where plekanec played should be taken by Perezhogin. Let Dags be the backup

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Plekanec - Ribs - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Perez - Begin - Higgins

No way should Perezhoghin be on the 4th line.

The only change I would make is Ivanans for Dags.

anyways back on topic....bring on IVANANS w00t

I was at the ottawa montreal preseason game when he fought mcgratton....what a great fight pretty even, but man hadnt seen one like that in a while.... lookout domi, belak and perrott;):devil:

GO HABS GO!!!!:hlogo:

Originally posted by shortcat1

I know that this smells of splitting hairs but, Jean Luc, please be careful as to how you edit the quotes to which you refer in your posts. Case in point, the highlighted part of the earlier quote seems to be attributed to me but, really, it's a comment made by Trizzak in response to my 'protest'. I'm not the one who wrote that sentence, it was Trizzak.

In any case, we all err. No major issue to be made of this. :)

No worries Shorts, you and Triz basically said the same thing so I put selections from your posts together with "..." between them but neglected to insert Triz's username before the second bit, that was sloppy. Sorry.

ANYWAY, back on topic and this may be controversial. I have been a defender of Dagenais for some time because he scored at an almost 30-goal pace last season, and is paid around the league minimum, and is big so hopefully difficult to knock off the puck. Ah, but so far this young season his penalties and lack of speed make me wonder...

AND, maybe it's not Dags alone but also Ribs who is questionable? Both are slow, yes, but Ribs has a finesse Dags lacks of course. But Ribs brought Dags to the party, so to speak, no secret they are best buddies. If I bring my buddy to a party and he screws up, I am responsible (maybe that's Japanese thinking?). Anyway if Ribs was not pulling for him would Dags have made the cut? (I think no.)

So, if Dags is on his way out (although I still think he deserves another shot, maybe against Ottawa), does that isolate Ribs somewhat?

Note also that Ryder has been scoring his GW goals while skating with KK. So, my prediction is I would expect major shakeups coming to the Habs' second line. Trades even, anyway we'll see. For the record I like Ribs' play, and hope he can adapt to life without his buddy, something which seems an increasingly real possibility.

:ghg:

And all three can score. Just Bulis and Bonk play more of a defensive game. The only problem with our checking line is that it doesn't check. It's great defensively just it doesn't play physically. It should be on the ice at the same time as Souray or Komisarek.

I had the same feelings as you JeanLucPilon regarding Dags. I would often defend him and wonder why people would get on his case even though the guy is a one dimensional player but he could score goals and was cheap for the Habs to pay. Like you said he was on pace for 30 goals in 03/04. But with the coming of this new era in the NHL his weaknesses are becoming all too apparent. He is too slow and his lack of finesse causes him to fall behind the play and take bad penalties. His size isn't so much of an advantage anymore either because the new rules make large size much less important and somewhat of a hindrance at times because large players tend to be slower. Can you imagine a young Oleg Petrov playing for the Habs today? He would scoot around the ice like a water bug unimpeded and rack up some major points like he did in Europe. That would of been awesome but the rule changes came too late for him and us.:(

Anyway back to Dags, these rule changes are very bad for him and the second line in general because it is a slower line but I think that if the speedster Perezhogin were put there it would make up for Ribs slow speed. Ribs is smart enough and has enough vision to adapt to the faster game. Defenders would be so busy trying to keep Perezhogin in check that it would give Ribs the time and space to setup his teammates. It's amazing what one guy with speed can do to a line and Ryder is adequate in that category as well so I think that line would be ok with Ribs there. Dags makes a good backup player because he can step in if someone isn't performing or is injured. He will always be a good guy to have on the power play where he can be setup for one-timers and unleash that rocket of a shot he has. I wish Dags the best but sitting out Perezhogin in his favour is a bad move.

:hlogo:

Originally posted by Mark Napier

I had the same feelings as you JeanLucPilon regarding Dags. I would often defend him and wonder why people would get on his case even though the guy is a one dimensional player but he could score goals and was cheap for the Habs to pay. Like you said he was on pace for 30 goals in 03/04. But with the coming of this new era in the NHL his weaknesses are becoming all too apparent. He is too slow and his lack of finesse causes him to fall behind the play and take bad penalties. His size isn't so much of an advantage anymore either because the new rules make large size much less important and somewhat of a hindrance at times because large players tend to be slower. Can you imagine a young Oleg Petrov playing for the Habs today? He would scoot around the ice like a water bug unimpeded and rack up some major points like he did in Europe. That would of been awesome but the rule changes came too late for him and us.:(

Anyway back to Dags, these rule changes are very bad for him and the second line in general because it is a slower line but I think that if the speedster Perezhogin were put there it would make up for Ribs slow speed. Ribs is smart enough and has enough vision to adapt to the faster game. Defenders would be so busy trying to keep Perezhogin in check that it would give Ribs the time and space to setup his teammates. It's amazing what one guy with speed can do to a line and Ryder is adequate in that category as well so I think that line would be ok with Ribs there. Dags makes a good backup player because he can step in if someone isn't performing or is injured. He will always be a good guy to have on the power play where he can be setup for one-timers and unleash that rocket of a shot he has. I wish Dags the best but sitting out Perezhogin in his favour is a bad move.

:hlogo:

Yeah Mark my feelings are about the same. We improve the second line and we are contenders. So maybe Dags gets one/two more chances, but my guess is barring a tremendous performance he's out by mid/late October, and the line is shaken up some.

BUt who can get for Dags that would improve the second line? We need a guy like Gagné, not just another average, one-dimensional shooter. We won't improve unless we add someone into the trade.

Do we really need to trade Dags right now? I mean we have enough players as it is and Dags makes a decent backup player. I say use him sparingly for a few games, use him on the power play and let him rack up some goals and then trade him later in the season for some D. We're not dying for someone to fill some space on the forward lines and what we would get for Dags right now is not much. Let him get some pp goals when he's filling in for injuries or otherwise. If he could get another 15 or so goals in 40 games his worth will increase and we may get a decent dman if we package Dags with someone else such as Dandeneault or Rivet. Let's be patient with Dags and his value may go up. Who knows maybe he will adapt and become a scoring machine. Ok I'm dreaming.:)

Hey guys, been reading for a while, thought I'd weigh in....

Agree on Dags (not as if we could find a taker right now anyway), no way would I trade Dandy. He's not without his faults, but he's first of all versatile, and if we can upgrade our defence I see use using him the same way Scotty Bowman did - mostly at D, some at forward as injuries force us to.

Dags is like the opposite of that - not very versatile, can play only on Ribs' wing, can't defend and looks like he's now becoming a penalty machine. Like MN said, hope he adopts...