HABS @ ATL | Oct 12 7pm - Danis in the net

bebehabs

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/189825.html

so theo is getting a day off hehe~ well i think it's a good thing~ let's wish a good luck to danis and that he'll be able to give us a good performance~

note : kovalchuk is going to nplay tonite~ which would give us another nice offensive nite (just wish that danis will be able to stop him hehe)

I'M STILL WAITING FOR PUCK TO CREATE THE GAME THREAD!!! :clap:

[Edited on 2005/10/12 by bebehabs]

edited the title

[Edited on 2005-10-12 by sakiqc]

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for this, it makes absolute sense in the context (back to back games.......game away from the Bell center). Looking forward to seeing how Danis will fare against the offensively talented Trashers.

well, theo needs to take a night off at some point. It will be fun to see what Danis really has. Also, we are sticking in the more defensively conscious Komisarek over Streit, correct? Hopefully this will help Danis out. Also, it is important that Atlanta knows they cannot skate into the offensive zone with impunity.

Atlanta only looks like an offensive powerhouse because they were playing Washington. Against FLA they were shutout (okay, we know some of the reason why), lets see how they do versus a real contender.

Originally posted by bebehabs

I'M STILL WAITING FOR PUCK TO CREATE THE GAME THREAD!!! :clap:

Well, you just started the game thread. Congrats :/)

Feel free to edit and add more stuff to your 1st post (and the title of the thread).

Looking forward to see the Habs stay undefeated in road games, and to see Danis in goals (although I won't "see" him.. no RDS where I am now argh)

:ghg:

Heard Dags will be back in the line up taking Ivanans' spot from last night. I'd gather that he will start the game back in the 2nd line with Higgins probably going to the 4th.

Originally posted by Rooster

Heard Dags will be back in the line up taking Ivanans' spot from last night.  I'd gather that he will start the game back in the 2nd line with Higgins probably going to the 4th.

If this is true I hope he has a great game offensively. couple of goals would be nice.

Higgins rules though, man I love watching him play. Same goes for Bulis and Begin! the young guys have really stepped up this year.

hehehehehe everyone is young compared to me!

Wow, I think we've got a true thriller on our hands here.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a 8-6 game. However, I feel that giving my prediction on just who will score would be a bit skewed as the more names I put out there, the better chance I'd have at getting some right.

Therefore,

Macaskill's Fearless Predictions

Habs 4, Thrashers 3

Habs

Perezhogin thanks to the KK connection.

Dagenais because he HAS to.

Ryder from the slot (what's new)

Rivet gets one, but it's deflected in front of the net.

Thrashers

Bondra does what he does best

Hossa will put our D into knots

Modry Will hammer one in from the Blue line.

Originally posted by ch for life

yup its good to be a :hlogo: fan

zhogs is the new lovage this year

that guy has it all..prediction: 65-75 points for him in rookie year

Wow, 65-75 points would be great for a rookie. I predict by the end of the season he will be on the top line full time. Sorry ZED.....

I think scoring will slow down a bit as the clutch and grab is still trying to make its way back in the NHL. Ottawa performs this task perfectly and does not get called too often. Where they get caught is the outright cant miss penalties. Montreal has to be a liitle more sneaky with their attempts at clutch/grab as they get caught most of the time.

PP and PK will also be very important tonite~~ our PK unit is doing well but danis is the on in the net so we dunno how he's going to react~

our PP HAVE TO score some IMPORTANT goals coz this is what we SHOULD do in PP : SCORE~ right???

my prediction : habs 6 -- trash 5

and RYDER is going to score the winning goal AGAIN :D

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

i'd love zednik to get 31 and markov to get at least 13 again If we can keep Bondra and Hossa off the scoreboard we should be fine...

This will be a big test for him. I'm not necessarily expecting him to have to be the ace in the hole for Montreal but I agree, it would be great to see him come throught like the goalie we thought would be very weak last night (and certainly wasn't).

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I wouldn't be surprised if Danis had a very solid game in net tonight. Teams tend to play a little harder defensively in front of the backup especially earlier in the year. As well, I don't think we'll see any of the "soft" goals that Theo has been letting in b/c Danis is still trying to prove himself. I'm sure he think that if he can perform and prove himself he might be able to steal Huet's job permanently

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

I'm sure he think that if he can perform and prove himself he might be able to steal Huet's job permanently

I'm sure that Julien has been whispering this into his ear since training camp began ;)

I can't find any info on this (or am I just blind?), and unfortunately I don't understand that French article, but will this be Danis' NHL debut? Not that I doubt that he'll play sharp - I'm just curious...

The way Theo is playing at the moment, I'm kinda glad Danis will get a go tonight. If he plays well it may give Theo a kick up the jacksy!

Oh and as for Perezhogin, surely his goal song should be:

"Who let the Hogs out...who, who, who!

Who let the Hogs out....Saku, Ku, Ku, Ku"

Ok not great, but heck it's late

Originally posted by HabbiesUK

The way Theo is playing at the moment, I'm kinda glad Danis will get a go tonight. If he plays well it may give Theo a kick up the jacksy!

Oh and as for Perezhogin, surely his goal song should be:

"Who let the Hogs out...who, who, who!

Who let the Hogs out....Saku, Ku, Ku, Ku"

Ok not great, but heck it's late

Theo played good last night. Montreal spent too much time killing penalties and it caught up to them.