Why is Montreal below Toronto

GOHABSGO22

it's kinda funny i sent a similar complaint to cbc. I calmly explained the way that standings are made. Don't know if they read my note or not, but they fixed it like 2 days later - except they still list buffalo above montreal! Buffalo is +2 on goals, montreal is +3. This is not complicated.

[Edited on 10/22/2005 by simonus]

But Montreal and Buffalo are both 5-2 so you go to goal differential. ANd then to goals for, and then, I think, to your record against each other, and if it's still a tie they flip a coin.

Originally posted by Tony

That's one of the best responses I've seen in a while, worth every thousand word in it.

I've got to ask again... how do you put a picture in a page. I'm going to try something. I'm going to copy an image address in my post text and add, before and after the address, the boxes. Maybe that'll do it.

Here we go.

8009R.jpg

Woah! It works! Great! Now I can put on my favourite pictures of my naked self :bow::bow: in my posts. You'll all find them to bevery memorable. :D:/):D:/):D Very memorable indeed. :D

1997 - what can I say... life goes on without great incidents.

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by shortcat1]

TORONTO AND THERE FANS MAKE ME SICK. TSN HAS THEM RANKED #2 IN THE LEAGUE. IT SEEMS THEY FORGOT ABOUT THE UNDEFEATED PREDS, HOW ABOUT THE 7-1 WINGS. OR THE CANUCKS. hOW ABOUT THE OTHER 3O% OF THE LEAGUE WHO HAVE MORE POINTS THEN THE LEAFS.

WAIT... they have the #1 offence. Ya ...and they also top the charts in powerplay oppourtunities and are in what the top 5 in least pw against. LIKE I SAID.....

MAKE ME SICK:nono:

Originally posted by IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

TORONTO AND THERE FANS MAKE ME SICK. TSN HAS THEM RANKED #2 IN THE LEAGUE. IT SEEMS THEY FORGOT ABOUT THE UNDEFEATED PREDS, HOW ABOUT THE 7-1 WINGS. OR THE CANUCKS. hOW ABOUT THE OTHER 3O% OF THE LEAGUE WHO HAVE MORE POINTS THEN THE LEAFS.

WAIT... they have the #1 offence. Ya ...and they also top the charts in powerplay oppourtunities and are in what the top 5 in least pw against. LIKE I SAID.....

The way you are shouting, I do believe you despise that Toronto team more than me!:o

The irony of their plight is that they are also getting special treatment from the referees as they are all candidates for most gentlemanly player. Also, they are going to get special treatment for the Owan Nolan mess they created (Just watch). And I heard a rumour that Bettman was kissing Quinn's A$$ for bringing to his attention that the other teams were picking on Domi, McCabe and the rest of the valued tougher players.

Way to go Pat!

50753814.cryingbaby6qc.jpg

I say 26 or 27 by 2009, but who,s counting

Oh and by the way the Laughs wont make the playoffs, not this year or next. I promise.

[Edited on 2005/10/23 by johnnyhasbeen]

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Oh and by the way the Laughs wont make the playoffs, not this year or next. I promise.

Can I hold you to that? eyes::eyes:

Can I hang my hopes on that? :eyes::eyes:

Can I set my emotional security on that? ;););)

Kids, I was born in 1961 and I can tell you that the last 40 years of hockey watching has been unfcukingbelievable. Many Habs Cups and lots and lots of pathetic leaf losing. I foresee decades of leaf futility and of course a few Canadiens engravings on the Silver mug. God, in her wisdom, is a Habs fan.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Can I hold you to that? eyes::eyes:

Can I hang my hopes on that? :eyes::eyes:

Can I set my emotional security on that? ;););)

there has never been a decade in which montreal has not won a cup. we will win by '09.

Best way to sum up the Leafs over the last 38 years?

They had a parade in 1999 for winning TWO playoff rounds.

NOTE: As I am sure you know, you have to win FOUR to win the Cup. So getting half way there is worthy of a parade Toronto.

I kid you not, they actually did this.

[Edited on 2005/10/24 by Leafs Suck]

Toronto, otherwise known only in Toronto as the centre of the universe or home of hockey will never be above Montreal.

It would take 50,000 years for the Leafs to win their 24th Stanley Cup. So until they can actually make the finals, I dont put the Leafs anywhere near the Montreal Canadien organization.

With the young talent in Montreal, some good drafting next year and some decent trades to upgrade the defence; Montreal has a better shot at winning the Cup than Toronto over the next 5 years.

Who cares what other people are writing about Montreal, or where their placing them in rankings. ITs all bullshit anyways. If you want a half decent read, read what Red Fisher or Pat Hickey write about the Habs. Or read some of the more intellgient Toronto Columnists like Damien Cox, Bob Mackenzie who don't focus just on Toronto, but on league wide issues.

Do you honestly really care whether Toronto is 4th or 14th or whether Montreal is ranked higher?

[Edited on 2005/10/24 by kaos]

Look, you HABS Fanatics are just mad cause we got Darcy Tucker from yall. And he still contributes to Toronto way more than he ever did in Montreal. Don't cry when the Leafs win the cup this year.

Have fun

Originally posted by Maple_leafs...

Look, you HABS Fanatics are just mad cause we got Darcy Tucker from yall. And he still contributes to Toronto way more than he ever did in Montreal. Don't cry when the Leafs win the cup this year.

Have fun

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wow, I didn't know we had a resident Comedian. Who let this joker in here. This must be someone who works for TSN? Perhaps hes the one who did the rankings...lol

Have fun

The Leafs got Tucker from the Lightning in exchange for Freddie Modin, who I believe now has one more cup ring than anyone from TO since 67......

[Edited on 2005/10/25 by casseau]