16th according to TSN, 2nd Overall.

Habby1197

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PurpleHills

Oh well, Ottawa wins again

YUP, Ottawa is a run away freight train now. Don't know who they play next but good luck. I just find it hard to hate Ottawa. Maybe it is because they have so much talent.

McGratton (I think thats how it is spelled) may change my mind next time they play the Habs. Because of all his extra questionable checking on Saku. Maybe K-REX will lay him out crossing the blue line! hahhhahaha then maybe he will be a McPancake!

Originally posted by option+

What gets me is the following quote: "At the moment, not one of the D-men is off to an impressive start."  WTF????  Do the people who compile these rankings watch hockey?

Obviously they are dumb. But the problem with these guys is that they don't look at a defenseman as a defensemen. They look for defensemen to score too! I disagree with that. If I had a defensmen that would always play perfect positioning with both his body and his stick (Markov) I would take him over a guy who messes up once in while but scores tons of points (Brisebois). In their books Brisebois is off too an impressive start. They are just dumb.

So be it Montreal will not get the recognition it deserves. I've been upset often enough so as to become numb.

After some thought maybe TSN is doing us a huge favour. It could be to Montreal's advantage to remain a sleeper team. No hype surrounding the team could bode well for us come playoff time. Let's just ride this one out. Enjoy our Habs as a team that no one else wants to talk about.

All this being said let us also take comfort in the fact that the top teams in the NHL already realize that the Canadiens are a tough opponent.

:hlogo:

Originally posted by Redlight60

I wonder why you guys are all questioning us right now, we are second in the league, yes ottawa has played less games so they'll be ahead of us once they play, but for right now were a top 5 team. Look at how we played against ottawa, we are really the only team who has given them a good run, besides the teams that somehow beat them. Detroit is good, and so is vancouver, but look at the division they play in, weve had a tougher sceduale. Right now ottawa is the team, carolina has to be up there, so are we, detroit(even though they havent played great teams) and then theres the rest of the pack. Nashville is over rated.

I agree 100%. Detroit's schedule has seen them playing alot of sub-par teams. We have been playing top flight clubs and are 9-3-1. Factor in what I would call suspect goaltending on Theo's part , and I say we're doing great.:hlogo:

well.... i still think their system is suspect, but I can accept 8th from TSN...

except... they list us as having no key injuries...

Bulis? Bonk?................. Huet? Man... the facts should be the easy part....

Originally posted by simonus

well.... i still think their system is suspect, but I can accept 8th from TSN...

except... they list us as having no key injuries...

Bulis? Bonk?................. Huet?  Man... the facts should be the easy part....

Scott Cullen is a idiot. I've been writting to him every week and he keeps writing back with bullshit explanations and contradictions. One week he says that are low ranking is due to our poor goal differential, then this week (today), he writes to me that its not even a criteria in his rankings? I wrote to him this morning saying that Colorado, Vancouver and LA had no place being in front of us, that our record is better and that the goal differentials is the same or almost the same between the 4 teams.

I'm telling you guys, is system is a joke. He can't even defend himself against certain things I wrote to him about like the fact that he doesn't take in consideration divison forces (easy to have a good record and stats when you're in a weak division) and how teams do vs. one another when they are close in power rankings.

He says the Flyers are ahead of us because their 1st line is better then ours, but when I told him that:

1) they needed to win their 3 games in hand to tie us

2) they play in a week division and have played much weaker teams since the beginning of the season then us

3) we kicked their asses when we played them and that our 1st line completely shutdown their 1st line

He had nothing to say except repeating is sorry ass over that their 1st line is better.

Again, guys, don't even waste time discussing Scott Cullen's power ranking on TSN...the guy is a joke living in Leaf Nation that is also a joke. If a national sports writter can't be non-biased, then what is he really good for:?-:guru::?-:guru:

You guys honestly spend too much time worrying about unimportant garbage like this (power rankings in general). Why does it bother you so much what someone else thinks about our club? The only thing that should matter is how our team is actually doing in the real games.

Its just one persons opinion, his opinion doesnt change the standings. Look at those if you want the real rankings. You want respect? Show people the standings.

Stop stressing over it, just relax. We're winning.

[Edited on 2005-11-7 by puck7x]

Originally posted by puck7x

You guys honestly spend too much time worrying about unimportant garbage like this (power rankings in general). Why does it bother you so much what someone else thinks about our club? The only thing that should matter is how our team is actually doing in the real games.

Its just one persons opinion, his opinion doesnt change the standings. Look at those if you want the real rankings. You want respect? Show people the standings.

of course you are correct, puck, but I need something to do between gamedays....:D

Well, things have changed. They are now ranked 8th. I believe that they should be higher - 4th would be reasonable... possibly but not likely 3rd.

But, even at this present increased rating, my main response is still:

Pfffffffffffff......

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz
Originally posted by simonus

"The Canadiens' 6-0-1 road mark is also the team's best start since it began play in 1909."

wow.

I like that part of the Habs record. Go into another teams building and they might briefly think, Aw Crap, not the Habs!

[Edited on 2005/11/8 by Howie_Morenz]

To be fair, this has been the league mantra for the majority of the last century :king:

Originally posted by puck7x

In all due respect these kinds of rankings and their publication via the web do matter because it is an attempt to glorify the leaf and to continuously slag the Habs. tsn knows that some people believe what they read and can simply pass the word on. In doing so the idea that the leaf is better than the actual lame product is megaphoned. It is unprofessional but what do you expect from leaf shills. With a powerful tool like the internet it is important that all true and knowledegeable hockey fans fight back against the concerted effort to hype the leaf. Especially Habs fans. :can:

• 2 weeks later...

I know you Habcats don't necessarily like people posting tsNazi rankings but I do it because it reflects the bottom of the barrel scum attitude these dicks have. I've said it before and I ain't gonna stop, the leafarazzi are not true, professional or ethical hockey broadcasters, they are leaf fans, the worst. Peace brethren.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548

Originally posted by ~moeman

I know you Habcats don't necessarily like people posting tsNazi rankings but I do it because it reflects the bottom of the barrel scum attitude these dicks have. I've said it before and I ain't gonna stop, the leafarazzi are not true, professional or ethical hockey broadcasters, they are leaf fans, the worst. Peace brethren.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548

Odd how they pick on Ryder, who had a helluva game tonight.

LS, you know it ain't odd but modus operandi. tsNazi's garbage newsbarbie had the gawl to call Ryder's goal 'garbage'. Typical CotU hyberbolic filth. Habs are 9 games above .500, find ways to win and have a balanced team that is exciting. tsNazi can't seem to find the time to report any of that. To make matters worse they do it on purpose to insult Habs fans by ranking them 16th, 8 fcuking places behind the overated garbage leaf. tsn is garbage.:puke:

• 3 weeks later...

This is hillarious... TSN has us 22nd this week...crazy.

Anyways even funnier, is they say we're 3-7 in our last 10 games.

We're 3-5-2, two games under .500.... Not 4.

It's funny because they put other teams records with the OT/SO loses in there but not ours... I wonder what we'll be ranked when we win the stanley cup, I hope top 5.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548&hubname=

[Edited on 2005/12/13 by Habby1197]

the rankings are based on how good the team is right now. with koivu, kovalev, and bonk out, with our only wins coming in ps against florida, ot against atlanta, and a win against LA in the past 10 games, its hard to say that the habs are any better than that right now. its not an overall season based ranking.

I understand that the Has are going down in the ranking ased on the last 10 games ut TSN is leeping ias against the Habs.

They did not take into account our win when we were winning but they take into account our losses when we lose.

I have very little respect for them. They are true blue and their heads are up their Assssssssssss.

You know how tired I am to hear them say "if this and if thiatwe would have won a cup". Barffffffff!!!!!