Slovakia

Sweden

Switzerland

United States

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just checked http://search.torino2006.org/index.html?la...G&langFilter=en and searched Huet and nothing came up.

Also i went to France's page http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/MDL/MDL_NOC_FRA.html and they do not have a hockey team listed. I guess Huet will remain in Montreal and begin to practice on the 22nd with the rest of the team.

Yeah I just checked http://search.torino2006.org/index.html?la...G&langFilter=en and searched Huet and nothing came up.

Also i went to France's page http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/MDL/MDL_NOC_FRA.html and they do not have a hockey team listed. I guess Huet will remain in Montreal and begin to practice on the 22nd with the rest of the team.

Huet was interviewed on RDS and he said that he's going home for a bit to spend time with family. I expect he'll be back in time for some practice and fine-tuning.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

yes, my error, ui went back to the post, old Huet post, he mentions playing in 2 olympics before, not this one. have to slow down on the Jagermiester.

Or speed up! :D

Or speed up! :D

If you knew me you would know that isn't possible!!!

:wacko:

Our rider calls for 2 bottles a night, and they are empty by after show every night, between 5 of us. Scary fact. You don't need to know the rest of the nightly damage.

Someone had posted an article on Huet a couple of threads back and it was a great read. Never played hockey till 16 years old! To be in the NHL is simply amazing and points to sheer raw ability.

To sum up, no one's given Huet a fair shake until now where he's been able to show his stuff - after an ACL repair - which makes it even more impressive. Theo may be out of a job because he let the celebrity factor of being a Habs goalie go to his head. Huet is here to work and he'll probably be around for a while.

If you knew me you would know that isn't possible!!!

:wacko:

Our rider calls for 2 bottles a night, and they are empty by after show every night, between 5 of us. Scary fact. You don't need to know the rest of the nightly damage.

Zeus' beard that's crazy! :D

That is my hope, Theo comes on strong before trade deadline and we get a 1st line d-man for Huet, ie. Pronger. Then what do you say about the trade, Garon for Pronger and Bonk?

To quote one Steven Tyler, "Dream On."

France is in and Huet is the goalie. I wouldn't say he is a #1 goalie by the last month alone, but he is heading in the right direction. Makes you wonder what a team will give for him IF Theo gets it back. That is my hope, Theo comes on strong before trade deadline and we get a 1st line d-man for Huet, ie. Pronger. Then what do you say about the trade, Garon for Pronger and Bonk?

Yeah I think you better get off the Jagrmiester buddy

with whats going on with the NEW NHL I believe two top Goalies are what a team will ultimately need! making the back up goalie a task for the hottest rookie goalie on the team roster which can freely be moved up and down... Needless to say its a GM puzzle to be able to fit this into a salary cap but with whats going on with Buffalo somehow Habs and Canucks and elsewhere! ITs a Given!

CORVINA HAS SPOKEN!!! AH shut up corv!

we'll soon find out what he's made of.

he's our #1 goalie now.

remember 4 years agor when theodore got the #1 spot after hackett injured his shoulder ? are we seeing that happen again ??

«Les performances de Cristobal sont un bel exemple pour nous tous. Cela démontre que, peu importe la situation, il ne faut jamais abandonner.»

- Bob Gainey, La Presse, 02/03/2006

Ohh I like that!

Cristobal is playing amazing hockey, I am wondering which game he will start when the Canadiens play back-to-back Monday against the Flyers and Tuesday against the Leafs.

Or does anyone ponder he idea that he will play both if he beats Tampa Saturday and Florida tonight.

Or does anyone ponder he idea that he will play both if he beats Tampa Saturday and Florida tonight.

I hope not. As amazing as he has been playing, the last thing we need is for him to get burned out/hurt... Danis will do just fine in one of the back-to-back games. I would guess Danis'll play vs. Philly.

I hope not. As amazing as he has been playing, the last thing we need is for him to get burned out/hurt... Danis will do just fine in one of the back-to-back games. I would guess Danis'll play vs. Philly.

As long as Jan "the Flyers killa" Bulis plays against the Philly, it won't matter who's in net :D

But I agree, let's give Danis a few games to showcase his talents. This will be a tough summer for Gainey with the goalie situation. Halak cannot waste another season in the ECHL, and unless you use Lemaire's 2-goalie system with the Bulldogs, which might not be best idea for young goalie prospects, Danis has to play backup in the NHL. So should Gainey trade Theodore, let Huet go, or possibly affect in a negative way the development of either Halak or Danis?

If Carey Price was 2 years older, I would say let's go with a Huet/Price duo until Price is ready to assume full time #1 duties, but he's not. I still don't believe Huet is number 1 material, nor is Danis. Halak might be, but not yet. So, do you go with 2 very good backup goalies, kind of like they do in Minnesota? The rest of the current season will be key to Gainey's decision...

As long as Jan "the Flyers killa" Bulis plays against the Philly, it won't matter who's in net :D

If Carey Price was 2 years older, I would say let's go with a Huet/Price duo until Price is ready to assume full time #1 duties, but he's not. I still don't believe Huet is number 1 material, nor is Danis. Halak might be, but not yet. So, do you go with 2 very good backup goalies, kind of like they do in Minnesota? The rest of the current season will be key to Gainey's decision...

What's your definition of a number 1 goalie? Because I feel Huet's proven he's more than adequate for the role.

What's your definition of a number 1 goalie? Because I feel Huet's proven he's more than adequate for the role.

Well, on one hand I don't think he's tough enough mentally to lead a team through the playoffs, but that remains to be seen since he's never had to yet, and on the other I don't think he's got the skills, the instinct, the reflexes, nor the athleticism of a true number 1 goalie. He's big, and he does a great job at placing his body in front of the puck; that's a good thing. Also, somehow the puck sticks to his body like he was a big spider web; that's also great because that means fewer rebounds.

However, he's often a little slow to react, but that hasn't affected him too much yet. Also, when other coaches start studying his style, they'll find the holes in his game, and then I'm not sure he'll be able to adapt. Also, I haven't seen him steal a game for Montreal yet; he played very well, made a few very nice saves, but he never had to really win a game by himself.

Also, how is Huet going to react when things don't go so well for him later on this season (and that will happen) but he won't have the luxury of sitting a few games tbecaise he's the "go to" guy? Huet didn't become a good goalie overnight; he was already good before. However, he had his ups and downs, and now we've only seen his ups. Let's see how people feel when the downs come...

Don't get me wrong, I love Huet, and I said after the trade that he was the best backup goalie in Montreal in a very long time, at least since Brian Hayward. He makes all the basic saves, knows his role, won't complain about the number of games he plays in, and seems to be a good team player.

Edited by CerebusClone

Before 1994 Jeff Hackett was a career backup! Then he met a pretty good goalie coach and look what happened to him.

OK. Cristobal is french and we haven't seen a french star goalie in this league before. True.

"Legace didn't give any rebounds, pretty good goalie for a backup"

- Scotty Bowman, 02/11/2000

Don't underestimate Huets' skill level!

Did you see the improvement in Huets' game over the last couple of months. Just compare his basic stance to that of a couple of months ago! Since he started working with Mr Melanson? Melanson, a pretty good goalie coach!

Huets' attitude reminds me of Mathieu Garon. Calm, composed, and a good attitude, but I can't predict how he will perform under pressure.

Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover.

Hip, hip, Huet!

I've said it before the cap space will require teams get two Very good Backup Goalies paid no more than 5 Million all together Or In other words or above average Number One Goalies that can play 1/2 of the games and alternate in Playoffs! I believe that is the future with the new rules!...

and in that perspective I could see a Theo regaining his standard of playing playing only 50% of the games and only getting paid 3 Mil Wouldnt that be reasonable?

OK. Cristobal is french and we haven't seen a french star goalie in this league before. True.

"Legace didn't give any rebounds, pretty good goalie for a backup"

I don't really care if he's French. I lived in Paris for a while, I work for a French-based company (but in North America), and I'm constantly surrounded by Frenchmen (some of are getting ok at hockey pools) so if I had any kind of prejudice against the French, I would be miserable ;-)

Huet is a very good goalie, but I'm not convinced that he's not number 1 material, and it will take more than a couple of months for me to be convinced, espcecially since he was never until now (Theo's injury) officially THE "go to" guy. That makes a huge difference.

You were talking about Hackett, but despite some great moments, he's never done anything in this league; he's hardly ever had a winning season, and he's hardly ever played in the playoffs. Where he failed in San Jose, Irbe succeeded. Where he failed in Montreal, Theodore succeeded. Where he failed in Philly, Esche succeeded.

As for Osgood, I'm not convinced he can lead the Wings that far either, but we'll have to see. He and Huet are very similar in my opinion; great backups but do they have more in them? That remains to be seen...