Mailloux signed to ELC

alfredoh2009

42 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

There is also the possibility that if injuries pile up an "emergency call-up" could give him a short look-see.

Right, but even then, do you choose Wideman (a known quantity at the NHL level) or Mailloux, who has never been in an NHL game?

Anyway, looking forward to the start of the season when we can actually see players in action. 😊

Given that he missed almost an entire season of junior (not to mention the attenuated playing time caused by Covid), AND had a lot of insanity to work through, it will surprise no one to hear that I would strongly favour keeping him in the minors to continue to develop. Only if he has an absolutely monster camp would I reconsider. 

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Right, but even then, do you choose Wideman (a known quantity at the NHL level) or Mailloux, who has never been in an NHL game?

(1) I expect Wideman to the 7D, no sense having a youngster sit in the stands most of the time ... so Wideman would either be injured or already filling in for another injured D in an "emergency" situation.

(2) I wasn't suggesting Mailloux would necessarily be the first choice.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Given that he missed almost an entire season of junior (not to mention the attenuated playing time caused by Covid), AND had a lot of insanity to work through, it will surprise no one to hear that I would strongly favour keeping him in the minors to continue to develop. Only if he has an absolutely monster camp would I reconsider. 

I think most here feel the same way, no point in rushing the kid even if he has a really good camp. Go to Laval and work on his defensive game.