GAME#22 Habs vs Columbus 7PM Wed Nov 29 2023

DON

37 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Far ahead? I think it's way too early to say that, last night Struble may a really bad decision to pinch/play the body which resulted in a 2 on 1 that should have been a goal. I certainly think there is a lot of potential there but as CC said, let's not get too excited about the shiny new toy. 

Lets not forget that Struble is actually older than Xhekaj, and has 4 full years of NCAA hockey under his belt, which is a higher level than OHL hockey (due to players being older). 

47 minutes ago, DON said:

Yaaaa, got feeling is the start of winning streak.

Columbus is actually a worse team than Montreal by the standings. 

The Habs next few opponents, Florida, Detroit, Seattle, LA... are not teams that suggest a winning streak, 3 of the 4 were playoff teams last year, and Detroit is doing well this year.  LA also completely outclassed the Habs on Saturday. 

I'd love to be wrong and see a winning streak, but to me, if we can manage to get 4 points out of these 4 games, I'd be happy with that as a 500 record. 

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

It's now been a while since I've seen him play this season, but I seem to recall that he played against somewhat tougher opposition this year than last year. Or was that just my imagination?

I saw him playing third pairing this year.  I dont think there was any real change vs what he played last year which was also third pair.