GAME#22 Habs vs Columbus 7PM Wed Nov 29 2023

DON

10 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking.

Only plays I recall he played the puck inside the trapezoid.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Only plays I recall he played the puck inside the trapezoid.

He was pinched by a Montreal player and toe dragged the puck outside the trapezoid before he released it.  The Sportsnet feed replayed it and you could clearly see his stick and the puck was well inside the corner area before he released it. 

It happens, was just pointing out he got away with it.

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

He was pinched by a Montreal player and toe dragged the puck outside the trapezoid before he released it.  The Sportsnet feed replayed it and you could clearly see his stick and the puck was well inside the corner area before he released it. 

Don't recall the play ... did it start inside the trapezoid ... perhaps that is why it was allowed ... the rule came in to stop Brodeur and others from roaming almost to the corner to play "dump-ins" and defeat the forecheck.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Don't recall the play ... did it start inside the trapezoid ... perhaps that is why it was allowed ... the rule came in to stop Brodeur and others from roaming almost to the corner to play "dump-ins" and defeat the forecheck.

It did, but goalies can't handle the puck outside the trapezoid below the goal line.  Once the puck is outside of that area goalies can't touch it.

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Decent games by

Newhook

Slafkovsky 

Matheson

Dvorak

Montembault

Anderson’s play doesn’t look good and it should be addressed 

A whole lot easier said than done with Anderson. I mean, maybe we could move him to EDM if we took Campbell’s contract back - but short of a buyout I don’t see a pain-free solution, unless he starts playing better.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A whole lot easier said than done with Anderson. I mean, maybe we could move him to EDM if we took Campbell’s contract back - but short of a buyout I don’t see a pain-free solution, unless he starts playing better.

Contracts are similar, but Anderson still has way more value than Campbell.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Contracts are similar, but Anderson still has way more value than Campbell.

Just playing with this notion - because why not? - we could send them Monty and Anderson in return for Campbell, their best prospect, and maybe a pick. Something like that.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Three Edmonton scouts in attendance tonight. 

They scouting Montembault? Or they scouting Laine somehow?

What if they were scouting Merzlikins?  His contract and Campbell's are pretty similar and I wouldn't be shocked if Columbus opts to give Merzlikins a change of scenery in a swap of bad contracts.  (Not one-for-one, but those two being part of a bigger swap.)

Tonight's postgame: https://www.habsworld.net/2023/11/10-thoughts-ending-the-road-trip-on-a-winning-note/

Matheson racks up the points but he isn't much of a veteran stabilizer for this group, he's more the type of defender who needs a stabilizer as a partner. I wouldn't mind dealing him if we can get a blue chip prospect coming back.

Anderson would have had high trade value at last year's deadline or over the summer. I still think he'll recover it and net a decent return if and when we do deal him. Hopefully this is sooner rather than later, because he could turn into a pumpkin once he loses a step.

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

What if they were scouting Merzlikins?  His contract and Campbell's are pretty similar and I wouldn't be shocked if Columbus opts to give Merzlikins a change of scenery in a swap of bad contracts.  (Not one-for-one, but those two being part of a bigger swap.)

Tonight's postgame: https://www.habsworld.net/2023/11/10-thoughts-ending-the-road-trip-on-a-winning-note/

I was actually thinking about this during the game but hadn’t considered Campbell. Your proposal makes a lot of sense. Oilers could see if they get lucky with Merzlukins for free basically and if it busts then look at a bigger deal. 

8 minutes ago, Neech said:

Struble has stepped in and not looked out place at all. Another young D-man who is projecting as an NHLer. Is there a team out there overflowing with forward prospects as much as we are with D prospects?

Struble has been very solid and I was thinking that he is better than Xhekaj during the game. 

Small sample size for me though. 

Way too soon to anoint Struble and NHLer let alone a successor to WiFi. 

I wouldn’t be in a hurry to move Matheson…any young FW we have are going to need D-men who can move and get them the puck. Guhle will perhaps become that distributor, but he’s not there yet. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think Anderson would benefit with reduced minutes in a lesser role, like the 4th line. 

Let him rediscover his meanness, that speed and drive to win and compete. It’s gone right now 

So who thought Armia would have two more goals than Anderson this far into the season? 
Not that I want to keep either of them!

32 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So who thought Armia would have two more goals than Anderson this far into the season? 
Not that I want to keep either of them!

Two goals to none … and he’s only played seven games.

Send Anderson to Laval? Would there be a real risk of someone claiming him on waivers?

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I would rather have Anderson's contract than Campbell's, Anderson can turn it around. 

8 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Two goals to none … and he’s only played seven games.

Send Anderson to Laval? Would there be a real risk of someone claiming him on waivers?

I think he’d get picked up. Salary isn’t horrible, and is about market if he scores 20. I think he’s one guy who’s probably been hurt by Marty trying to make him a better player - he just doesn’t have the hockey IQ. He is what he is. Have to let him be the guy who can only play up and down, where he uses his speed and his shot, can’t pass worth shit , but let him just either shoot or hit guys along the board.  down the wing hits guys on the boards, does his thing, but never really meshes with his linemates. Get him going and than trade his ass out of here!