More Theo Rumors From Cbs

Mils

Sorry, I meant CBS the TV network, not Columbus, I forgot to capitalize it, anyway, read on! (EDIT: capitalized)

Quoted from cbs.sportsline.com (1/17/06) by: SportsLine.com staff

"According to the Ottawa Sun, the Canadiens are working on a deal to send G Jose Theodore to the Avs in a three-way deal that could include the Penguins. Pittsburgh would get David Aebischer from Colorado, while Montreal would get a No. 1 pick and another player."

I'd take that deal if I am Colorado, getting rid of Aebischer and not having to send Svatos or Liles with him. I'm not sure how well MTL would do though, Huet played well against Colorado, but I don't think he's redy to be an everyday guy quite yet. It would improve Pitt's goaltending a ton.

"According to the Ottawa Sun, the Canadiens are working on a deal to send G Jose Theodore to the Avs in a three-way deal that could include the Penguins. Pittsburgh would get David Aebischer from Colorado, while Montreal would get a No. 1 pick and another player."

I'd take that deal if I am Colorado, getting rid of Aebischer and not having to send Svatos or Liles with him. I'm not sure how well MTL would do though, Huet played well against Colorado, but I don't think he's redy to be an everyday guy quite yet. It would improve Pitt's goaltending a ton.

who do we get ????? and from who do we get the pick from?

I think Fleury is great he just needs some defense? These rumours aren't making much sense but the fact that so many of them are out there something is going on.

BG is trying to get us something good I can feel it.....

who do we get ????? and from who do we get the pick from?

I think Fleury is great he just needs some defense? These rumours aren't making much sense but the fact that so many of them are out there something is going on.

BG is trying to get us something good I can feel it.....

It seems to be the case that the habs would get the Pens first rounder....pretty good pick, but doesn't make sense for Pittsburgh. I imagine the "other player" would come from Colorado, which could be a major sticking point as it seems to have been with Florida. (Svatos and liles again, I'd bet.)

On the other hand I have never understood three way deals. :wacko:

And as far as Fleury, I was at the game in Columbus where he gave up 2 or 3 as a backup......against the BLUEJACKETS. I think he's still too young and inexperienced on the NHL level.

Edited by Mils

I thought you meant Columbus by "Cbs."

Like the guy above me said, it completely depends on who's pick and which player. The way I understand it we get Pittsburgh's 1st rounder (Mueller, most likely) and a player who would most likely be one of Andy Chiodo, Brooks Orpik or Ray Whitney.

The Pens first rounder this upcoming year would be very nice. Honestly though I don’t see any promise to this deal. The Pens are out, they have little or no hope of the playoffs. Currently the Pens are 18 points out of the playoffs, so I highly doubt they are buyers right now, that is to say I believe their future is all that is bright, if Craig Patrick wants to keep his job he will hold that first rounder close to his chest.

What would be a nice trade with the pens would be at the deadline if the Pens are for sure out and the Habs for sure in, if Lemieux demanded Patrick trade him to the Habs for the playoffs, for a 7th rounder. But as I know as the rest of you do Lemieux would have to sell the Pens before this could ever happen.

I don't believe it. Makes no sense For the pens. Ok so they get abby, wow...Fleury is already better then Aebischer. And Mtl gets a player and a pick. Probably Fleury (pens dont want to pay his salary). Could be alright cause fleury makes less then theo but can he handle the pressue in Montreal?

The Pens will be the next dynasty in hockey.

If Malkin's position is changed than we can see a line of Malkin-Crosby-Kessel which would challenge to be the best in history. They have a true talent in net and a great back-up in Chiodo. Prospects on D inclue Orpik and Whitney while they have guys like Surovy and Ouellet. Then they have Shane Endicott who'll be a pretty good two-way player. Mix all that in with the best offensive defenceman in the league, a couple of veteran leaders (and then if they can upgrade their defence a little) and you have yourself the greatest team in hockey. I assumed that the Pens go #3 and Kessel goes #3 like projected. I'd say that there's a better chance of the Penguins going 4th or 5th and getting Mueller/Frolik. One thing's for sure though, this team is set.

I don't believe it. Makes no sense For the pens. Ok so they get abby, wow...Fleury is already better then Aebischer. And Mtl gets a player and a pick. Probably Fleury (pens dont want to pay his salary). Could be alright cause fleury makes less then theo but can he handle the pressue in Montreal?

A reason why the Penguins could do this trade is for financial reasons. The team is bankrupt. Fleury has a clause in his contract saying that if he plays 35 or more games this season (and surpasses a couple of achievements) he can get up to 3 million dollars in bonuses. The Penguins have already called up Caron and some other guy - Fleury has played something like 32 games. It looks to me like Fleury will be sent down for their sole purpose of saving the money that they're going to hav to pay him. By acquiring Aebischer, they get a guy who can play for his regular salary. I'm not saying that this is a good trade but it might be a reason why it's even being considered.

Like the guy above me said, it completely depends on who's pick and which player. The way I understand it we get Pittsburgh's 1st rounder (Mueller, most likely) and a player who would most likely be one of Andy Chiodo, Brooks Orpik or Ray Whitney.

Where did you come up with these player's names BTH? Just wondering if it was written somewhere or it is just your opinion of the players that could come to Montreal?

Sorry, I meant CBS the TV network, not Columbus, I forgot to capitalize it, anyway, read on!

Just a side note.....this was posted on spectorshockey.net on Jan-15

Pittsburgh would get David Aebischer from Colorado, while Montreal would get a No. 1 pick and another player."

Unless this rumor meant that the "other player" is Sydney Crosby then it aint worth the wasted spit it came from!

The Pens will be the next dynasty in hockey.

If Malkin's position is changed than we can see a line of Malkin-Crosby-Kessel which would challenge to be the best in history. They have a true talent in net and a great back-up in Chiodo. Prospects on D inclue Orpik and Whitney while they have guys like Surovy and Ouellet. Then they have Shane Endicott who'll be a pretty good two-way player. Mix all that in with the best offensive defenceman in the league, a couple of veteran leaders (and then if they can upgrade their defence a little) and you have yourself the greatest team in hockey. I assumed that the Pens go #3 and Kessel goes #3 like projected. I'd say that there's a better chance of the Penguins going 4th or 5th and getting Mueller/Frolik. One thing's for sure though, this team is set.

A reason why the Penguins could do this trade is for financial reasons. The team is bankrupt. Fleury has a clause in his contract saying that if he plays 35 or more games this season (and surpasses a couple of achievements) he can get up to 3 million dollars in bonuses. The Penguins have already called up Caron and some other guy - Fleury has played something like 32 games. It looks to me like Fleury will be sent down for their sole purpose of saving the money that they're going to hav to pay him. By acquiring Aebischer, they get a guy who can play for his regular salary. I'm not saying that this is a good trade but it might be a reason why it's even being considered.

But if im not mistaken it was something like anything over 25 games and his bonuses will kick in and they are on the hook for 3 million bucks and im pretty sure Fleury only has a 1 way contract so they are paying him regardless. correct me if im wrong

Unless this rumor meant that the "other player" is Sydney Crosby then it aint worth the wasted spit it came from!

haha

I personally don't think that the other play has to be someone like Sydny Crosby, but I would seriously consider the deal if it involved a player like Tanguay/Hejduk, although I'd prefer Tanguay between the 2.

EHM is the only place that I've seen refer to Columbus as CBS. I wish that they'd come to a consensus and have everyone call Columbus the same thing. I've seen CLS, CBJ, CLB, among a few other which escape me.

Ryan Whitney, not Ray Whitney. Ray is in Carolina.

And I'm not buying it.

Ryan Whitney, not Ray Whitney. Ray is in Carolina.

And I'm not buying it.

Oops, sorry about that.

If we got Ryan Whitney than it's a god trade. We get more than Theo's value. The only problem is that we don't have a goalie. Maybe we can try something like Huet + Zednik/Ribeiro/Whoever for a legit starter.

@fanpuck:

It's too late. EHM got me used to writing it CBS and now I can't do anything about it.

Yeah same here there's nothing true about this. Bob's boys don't need to be traded we got some great skill on the ice all Bob needs to do now is make his players focus not send em to another team.

Bob has these guys going. I am confident with this team; Marko out hurts but gives an opportunity to K REX as well as even more ice for the ever-improving Streit.

As for the Columbus thing, the best three-letter abbreviation for this team would be CBJ I just find it makes the most sense.

Ew, No way. One of our biggest contributors last season and one of our biggest contributors right now shouldn't be dealt. No way, no how. He went through one bad stretch, it happens to goalies. Aside from December, Aebischer has been solid as a starter for the Avs. Quit the Colorado goalie rumors.

But if im not mistaken it was something like anything over 25 games and his bonuses will kick in and they are on the hook for 3 million bucks and im pretty sure Fleury only has a 1 way contract so they are paying him regardless. correct me if im wrong

Bob McKenzie explained it on TSN last night. Fleury could make up to $3 million, but he's really only got a realistic shot at $900K. The other bonuses are based on number of wins, being a top-5 goalie, etc. and he's not very close to the numbers he'd need to get to $3 mil. Bob McKenzie figured that Pittsburgh would not send him down, and Pittsburgh would find other ways to save money. They didn't mention trade rumours.

I dont see why Pittsburgh would have anything to win in trading their great, cheap young future superstars (Malkin, Fleury, 1st rounder) for an expensive veteran who is performing below what he's paid for.

It really doesn't make any sense at all unless Mario is planning to sell the Pens... and buy the Habs afterwards.

Bye getting Abeischer and moving fleury the Pens will save money in the short term. Abs salary is higher, but with bonuses Fleury is 3or 4 M more expensive.

This rumour is a bit ludicrous, but if it were to occur the pick would have to be Colorado's.

For the sake of rumour mongering i see it like this

To Colorado - Theo

To Pitt - Abeischer

To MTL - Fleury and Col Rnd 1 pick

Doubtful to happen,

1st round picks are extremely important in this new NHL, b/c if you can get young stars who contribute, they will be under a rookie deal (which is a max of 900K or so) offering extremely high value.

Bye getting Abeischer and moving fleury the Pens will save money in the short term. Abs salary is higher, but with bonuses Fleury is 3or 4 M more expensive.

To repeat from another thread... it has been reported that Fleury is on pace to get 'only' $900K of bonuses with Pittsburgh, so it's not going to save them.

This rumour is a bit ludicrous, but if it were to occur the pick would have to be Colorado's.

For the sake of rumour mongering i see it like this

To Colorado - Theo

To Pitt - Abeischer

To MTL - Fleury and Col Rnd 1 pick

Doubtful to happen,

1st round picks are extremely important in this new NHL, b/c if you can get young stars who contribute, they will be under a rookie deal (which is a max of 900K or so) offering extremely high value.

This looks like a shit deal to me. Do we really need cap space that badly? Last I heard we were still pretty far from maxed out. This is the deal to make if you're certain the team has no shot at the playoffs. This is throwing in the towel for the year and why would we do that now when a goaltender will fetch so much more closer to the trade deadline. Beside the increased profits in the NHL is going to lift the salary cap through escrow. I know the players will get a part of those profits but we still might find ourselves with morecap space. Another thing this deal would say is that we think Theodore is total shit because a first round pick guarantees nothing. It will prbably mean we get two balls in the draw and it's doubtful we'll be as lucky as we were this year. Even if we are, do you think Price is worth a Theodore? Whoever put this together is an Avalanch fan that still thinks Habs are stupid enough to throw away starting goaltenders for nothing. Also why would the Pens make this trade. They would stand to lose the most.

:hlogo:

Edited by Lister110