Aftermath Of Souray's Fight

lazy26

gotta know their is a jerky dude behind picking them pics

this is the one they chose for Souray after the League decided for no suspension

souray_72382.jpg

Like he's saying HEYY THAT WAS CLOSE PHEEEWWW

TSN sucks balls!

Why do Souray's wrist braces mean he was attempting to injure? It's not like they're on his fists or anything. I just heard on TSN that it was Souray's brace that cut McCarthy on the eye so maybe that is what the fuss is about. On the other hand, TSN said that the reason why Souray WASN'T suspended was because it was dtermined that he cut McCarthy with his brace and not his elbow (which was previously believed). On the other hand, that's TSN.

That was a close call.

I wonder if Souray got ripped last night by Gainey and Carbonneau after his fight.

I sure hope so! he cannot fight unless he takes them things off..

I think this also means Bob must either have told the boys who can and who should step in... under these circumcisions

I am all for the Enforcer now! We gotta turn Ferland and Murray into one! or bring Ivanans back!

As the Glorieux look on THERE"S NO WAY WE SHOULD TURN AWAY FROM FIGHT!

first things first. If you have a brace on you are NOT allowed to drop the gloves at any time and fight. It doesnt matter if the other guy gets hurt or not its a match penalty automatic review by the league. What if mccarty had lost sight in his eye? Does the player have to be forced to retire to get a suspension around here? I thought souray was a great guy and all but now I see him as the next spacek incident. He showed no class or respect for his opponent by trying multiple time to cut the guy because he was losing the fight. I would kick his ass too if I were mccarty.. you dont think he knew that souray was trying to throw elbows and stuff to hurt him? This will be my last post in the habs talk forum as I now believe that not only does the habs have no class but neither do there fans. Im so disappointed by the comments and attitude of the members of this board that I dont want to share my opinion. I tried to comment on how there was no way montreal would score 6 goals against the #2 GA team in the league like many were suggesting. I tried to explain that the flames dont dive, and that the phantom calls in the 1st period went both ways. I tried to explain how dion is a class act and doesnt go around trying to hurt players. Im done. I am a GM of HWL and thats the way it will stay because I will NEVER be a habs fan after last night.

AH THE MAN NO THE GOD HAS SPOKEN! HE HAS SAID IT SO THATS HOW IT GOES! NO NO DONT TRY TO ARGUE HERE! THE FUHRER KERPLUNK HAS SPOKEN US MORTALS JUST SHUT UP!

Someone hasnt gotten some in a LONG time! try sitting on your hand for 30 min .... Dave chappelle calls it giving yourself a Stranger try it !! it might relax ya!

Shows Mr Cambell's respect for Mr Gainey, maybe. I think if he had been cut by the brace, or Souray had used it as a weapon this would have been serious, but it wasn't a factor in the fight. Yes the refs had to give him the gate, ( also was pissed at the time, but ) the rules state if a ref sees a foriegn object it is so. Good call in hindsight. The league then looks at it to determine intent to injure. They saw nothing to support it so no suspension. So please be a bit more respectful kerplunk

first things first. If you have a brace on you are NOT allowed to drop the gloves at any time and fight. It doesnt matter if the other guy gets hurt or not its a match penalty automatic review by the league. What if mccarty had lost sight in his eye? Does the player have to be forced to retire to get a suspension around here? I thought souray was a great guy and all but now I see him as the next spacek incident. He showed no class or respect for his opponent by trying multiple time to cut the guy because he was losing the fight. I would kick his ass too if I were mccarty.. you dont think he knew that souray was trying to throw elbows and stuff to hurt him? This will be my last post in the habs talk forum as I now believe that not only does the habs have no class but neither do there fans. Im so disappointed by the comments and attitude of the members of this board that I dont want to share my opinion. I tried to comment on how there was no way montreal would score 6 goals against the #2 GA team in the league like many were suggesting. I tried to explain that the flames dont dive, and that the phantom calls in the 1st period went both ways. I tried to explain how dion is a class act and doesnt go around trying to hurt players. Im done. I am a GM of HWL and thats the way it will stay because I will NEVER be a habs fan after last night.

Kerplunk, What fight were you watching man...Loosing the fight????

First off it was a CLOTH Wrap so if anything it Cushioned the blows. Souray is just an animal. And i for one am gald he dropped the gloves. It more than i can say for the rest of the heartless chumps that showed up last night. Hes kinda like Chris Simon, doesnt fight that often but you know when he does hes gonna Kick ASS! Go Habs

This will be my last post in the habs talk forum as I now believe that not only does the habs have no class but neither do there fans. Im so disappointed by the comments and attitude of the members of this board that I dont want to share my opinion. I tried to comment on how there was no way montreal would score 6 goals against the #2 GA team in the league like many were suggesting. I tried to explain that the flames dont dive, and that the phantom calls in the 1st period went both ways. I tried to explain how dion is a class act and doesnt go around trying to hurt players. Im done. I am a GM of HWL and thats the way it will stay because I will NEVER be a habs fan after last night.

I think you might being reading into, well.. everything a little too much... I, and most, will agree that you expressed some valid points, but it is the nature of such a forum for others to express their opinions as well. The way that you concluded your last post and wrote your "fave habs" section indicate a lack of respect and maturity, which you would think a "GM of HWL" would possess.

But who am I to judge?

BTW, you spelled "their" and "dimensional" wrong. :D

See ya!!! Don't need crybabies as Habs fan and we don't need your stupid comments here eiher.

What? The little boy is frustraded because he didn't get is lollypop :lol::lol:

Grow up man!!!

Same here. I've never liked the Flames but after last night's game I've lost the little respect I had for them. Not because of Souray, the reffing, the score or Phaneuf but only because of the diving. It's a disgrace. If a habs dove than I would bash him too. It's not like one guy dove once in the whole game - it was a constant thing. What difference does it make who their coach is? He's a good coach and a strict coach but either way his team dove. No one can deny it and if they do they should rewatch the guy or check out some videos.

Also, my post wasn't offensive against kerplunk at all. I just asked why the braces mean an automatic suspension. It might be a foreign object automatic match penalty but not attempt to injure because a brace won't injure anyone. It's like getting suspended for fighting with tape on your arm - it's harmless. It's too bad that a post as harmless as that tape would make you want to leave the Habs Talk section.

Kitty, you should know better. This is what fans do. :blink: Souray maybe should have gotten a suspension for that, but he hasn't and Colin Campbell knows what he's doing. I just want to add that the Canucks are better than the Flames so don't you dare start thinking the NW title is yours. :P

On the heels of McCarty getting his ass kicked........this sounds like excessive pouting.

Boo Hoo, see ya loser

Well Obviously the league knew he had it on and he didn't get suspended. Get over it. You will NEVER be a habs fan after last night??? Cry me a river. Sianara.

Am I the only one who things that Bob should sit Souray down and say:

" Hey Pal, I appreciate what you are trying to do for the team by fighting but we need you on the ice and I dont want you taking anymore risks with that wrist by throwing punches. We have other guys to do that stuff."

I mean Souray's wrist injury was career threatening and required several surgeries; he should NOT be fighting.

PS: Kerplunk, Goodbye, good luck and good riddance! I don't know why such an ardent Flames fan would want to hang around here anyway.

First Off, This forum is probably better off without Mr. Kerplunk

Second, his statements are actually false. If you read the rule,

Rule 56(B) (NOTE 4) Any player wearing tape or any other material on his hands (below the wrist) who cuts or injures an opponent during an altercation will receive a match penalty under Rule 43 -- Attempt to or Deliberate Injury of Opponents in addition to any other penalties imposed including penalties for fighting under this rule.

You end up with the result that as most of us know Sourray is allowed to fight with his wrist brace on, as we have seen on a few occasions, however, as the rule says, if he cuts his oponent then he will recieve a match penatlty. The match penalty was not for fighting with the brace but rather for the cut that resulted from the fight with the brace regardless if it was the brace that caused it.

There is no suspension b/c that rule was put in place for things such as tin foil, or surgical gloves and not to hamper someone with a legitmiate need for a brace.

SO KERPLUNK YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT.....SEEE YA!!!!!

first things first. If you have a brace on you are NOT allowed to drop the gloves at any time and fight. It doesnt matter if the other guy gets hurt or not its a match penalty automatic review by the league.

This is incorrect. Wearing a brace does not mean an automatic match penalty and it does matter if the other guy gets hurt or not.

Here is Rule 56 b Note 4:

Any player wearing tape or any other material on his hands (below the wrist) who cuts or injures an opponent during an altercation will receive a match penalty under Rule 43 -- Attempt to or Deliberate Injury of Opponents in addition to any other penalties imposed including penalties for fighting under this rule.

Also I note that the "(below the wrist)" makes me wonder if the ref made the right call. Souray's brace is clearly not below the wrist.

I am a GM of HWL and thats the way it will stay because I will NEVER be a habs fan after last night.

Hey, lighten up Kerpy. You're not helping Habs fan see your point of view by getting in their faces. We thought Flames fans were a little more easy-going and open-minded. Getting your panties in a twist over such frivolous stuff makes you look like a Leafs fan... or worst, Ning!

Hey, lighten up Kerpy. You're not helping Habs fan see your point of view by getting in their faces. We thought Flames fans were a little more easy-going and open-minded. Getting your panties in a twist over such frivolous stuff makes you look like a Leafs fan... or worst, Ning!

Oh snap!

This guy, KERPLUNK, has the nerve to lecture us on class and behaviour after posting this in the Cal-MTL game thread:

"But hey what can you expect from a team lead by a washed up 5"11 fin."

:nono: :angry2:

HW is better off without all of these whiners who have to tell us why we're so bad before they go away. Its like the endless super-villian speeches in the comic books...just go already!

Edited by PMAC

first things first. If you have a brace on you are NOT allowed to drop the gloves at any time and fight. It doesnt matter if the other guy gets hurt or not its a match penalty automatic review by the league. ... I am a GM of HWL and thats the way it will stay because I will NEVER be a habs fan after last night.

First of all, you never were a Habs fan. Most of us here aren't naieve children and your irrational comments simply don't make sense.

Secondly, if you know anything at all about hockey, you'd realize that Souray had no choice whatsoever but to fight. If he didn't fight, then he might as well take off his skates and retire because they'd (other teams' enforcers) chase him out of the league. And I say this even though I'm personally against fighting and wish the NHL would adopt the IIHF rule of an automatic 1 game suspension for fighting.

I simply don't understand why these trolls have to hang around other teams' discussion forums. They need lots of attention, I guess.

- Jack