Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Flyers | 01/25/06

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifflyers_logo.jpg

montreal50.gif21-19-6 : 48 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

flyers50.gif30-11-8 : 68 Points (3rd in the Western Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Huet12506.jpg# 39 Cristobal Huet (2-3-1), 2.85 GAA montreal50.gif

flyers50.gif# 30 Antero Niittymaki (18-7-6), 2.82 GAA2197.gif

Canadiens RosterLink

Flyers RosterLink

13453.gifhabs-w.gif13454.gif

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Ribeiro - Bonk - Ryder

Bulis - Begin - Plekanec

Ivanans - Sundstrom - Downey

13457.gif

Souray - Komisarek

Streit - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

13455.gif

Jose Theodore

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 25th, 2005:th_thflyers50.gif2 montreal50.gif3 OT

8176.JPG

capt.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00 pm eastern on logo_RDS.giflogo_tsn-smaller.jpg& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see some effort tonight,

I like the new 2nd line and hope Plex has another great game.

Ivanans and Downey will start a line brawl and Ribeiro will have to fight and mess his pretty face up and teach him a lesson.

Let's turn this around already.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!

Ribs is probaly shitting his pants tonight...........If you really think about it Gainey is throwing him right into the middle of a rumble. I LOVE IT!!!!!

GO HABS GO

I think the 4th line looks awesome !

I hope the les boys show some pride and effort tonight

I hate the &&@$$!^@***@%%!!!!* Flyers :puke:

Ribs is probaly shitting his pants tonight...........If you really think about it Gainey is throwing him right into the middle of a rumble. I LOVE IT!!!!!

if this aint a lesson on how to play your part I dont know what is!

So ribs you think you did good dishing out many lame hits against the canucks and canes? you were one of the most "aggressive" of the bunch... so you preffer that instead of making passes and scoring or getting dirty in front of the net where it counts! Ok tonight your Flyer bait on the fourth line and yes you HAve to dump those gloves tonight or else!

Bonne chance Cristo. You allergic to rubber? No? Than you should start.

Go Habs go!

Lets get ready to rrrrrrrumble!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Happy Australia Folks!

Let's hope Montreal decides to bring their game tonight... at least score more than two, and don't allow more than four. please?

and then acquire Jackman and Weight for Ribeiro, Dagenais and Souray straight after the game.

</wish list>

I wish I could watch this one caause it'll be a brawl. I bet ribs wishes he hadn't been floating around on the second line now! Maybe this is the kick in the pants he needs. Score goals or fight it out on the 4 th line. If we could ever get him scoring again he can be pleasure to watch.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4692

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Flyers

PHILADELPHIA - The Canadiens start the second half of their road trip tonight in Philadelphia with a showdown against Peter Forsberg and the Flyers. After suffering their third straight loss on Monday in Carolina, the Canadiens will look to get back on track with a little help from Tomas Plekanec, who was a factor in all three Montreal goals against the Hurricanes in his return to the lineup.

The Flyers were also in action Monday as Forsberg returned from a groin injury to score the game-winner, leading Philadelphia to a 4-2 victory over the Penguins. The win was Philly’s first on home-ice since Dec. 22, as Ken Hitchcock’s crew snapped a three-game skid at the Wachovia Center. Despite that rough patch, the Flyers remain atop the Atlantic Division ahead of the New York Rangers.

Tonight marks the second meeting of the season between these Eastern Conference rivals. Mike Ribeiro stole the show back on Oct. 25 by scoring a pair of goals, including the overtime winner, in a 3-2 victory over the Flyers at the Bell Centre.

Better late than never: Despite arriving only an hour before game-time after being called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs early Monday afternoon, rookie Tomas Plekanec enjoyed the biggest night of his young NHL career with two goals and an assist against the Hurricanes. Plekanec, notching his fifth and sixth goals of the season, did not have same effect as the Canadiens’ eight previous multi-point games so far in 2005-06. Montreal had picked up at least a point in every other two-goal night with a 6-0-2 mark in those games.

Begin’s Greatest Hits: Steve Begin is well on his way to the most productive season of his seven-year NHL career. By helping set up Plekanec’s first goal Monday, Begin picked up his seventh assist and 16th point of the season, eclipsing his previous career high of five assists and 15 points put up by Begin in 2003-04. The 27-year-old also racked up three hits to remain among the NHL’s Top 10 with 117.

It takes two: Peter Forsberg’s arrival in the City of Brotherly Love has been just what the doctor ordered for linemate Simon Gagne who, with 33 goals in 43 games, has already matched his career-high set back in 2001-02. The Flyers are 23-7-5 with both Gagne and Forsberg in the lineup this season. They also have a positive effect on one another with Gagne scoring 53 of his 58 points this season with Forsberg by his side and Forsberg piling up 54 of his 61 with his new sidekick.

Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com

4692_3.jpg

Steve Begin's assist Monday night was his seventh helper and 16th point of the season, setting new career highs in both categories.

:ghg:

guys I smell a win tonight and I don't say this because Theodore isn't in net.

Line up is something like this:

Kovalev - Koivu - Zednik

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Begin - Bonk - Sundstrom

Ivanans - Ribeiro - Downey

Bulis has been scratched by the way, speculation on the Internet right now is that Bulis has been traded to Chicago with a draft pick for Tyler Arnason.

Bulis has been scratched by the way, speculation on the Internet right now is that Bulis has been traded to Chicago with a draft pick for Tyler Arnason.

What?! How reliable is your source?! If I were to speculate, I'd simply think that Bulis got the flu... But then again, I'm not that creative... :D

Edited by lazy26

[/b]

What?! How reliable is your source?! If I were to speculate, I'd simply think that Bulis got the flu... But then again, I'm not that creative... :D

I've heard the same rumour, i think it's pure speculation at this point...I've also heard talk of a deal with the Blues that could include Weinrich or even Weight but i think that is more far fetched at this point