Bulis?

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Just updated at 5:00 p.m on Spectors Hockey

UPDATED MAILBAG (CANADIENS, OILERS).

Hat tip to "Monsieur Pinpin" for the following on the Canadiens: "I just read an article on RDS.ca which is signed PC (Canadian Press). Gainey confirms that he spent a good portion of his day with Pierre Gauthier, pro scouting director.

This leads to believe, along with the call up of Ivanans and the waiver pick of Downey that something is up. Not much for a rumour, but just another piece of information."

"Benjamin" adds: "I just want to inform you about something real strange going on in Montreal today...

Jan Bulis is a healthy scratch for tonight's game against Philly... It's kinda strange considering that Bulis has been one of our best players in the last 10-15 games. Ivanans will take his place in the line-up.

From what I've heard, Bulis might be traded along with a number 2 or 3 draft pick or another player for Tyler Arnason... It's a realistic trade and that's why I thought you'd like to know...

Anyway there is no reason to scratch a fast player like Bulis, who's giving 100% all the time, has been your best player lately... specially when you play against a big team like philly, where your speed can make the difference..."

Bad trade IMO. People will praise it but then after a month criticise Arnason for his lack of effort and lazyness. And then wish we had some hardworking players with speed in the line-up. If Bubu is gonna go, Bob better charge double for him - for my sake!

Bad trade IMO. People will praise it but then after a month criticise Arnason for his lack of effort and lazyness. And then wish we had some hardworking players with speed in the line-up. If Bubu is gonna go, Bob better charge double for him - for my sake!

Bubu? You want to explain that one?

I don't like this rumour at all. Everything I read about Arnason, and there has been plenty written about him this year, suggests he doesn't have a very team oriented attitude. I think we have plenty of those on the team already. I like Bulis but could live with his trade if somebody different was brought in. Chicago has several other nice players, Bell, Calder, Seabrook.....etc. that I would prefer come for a solid player like Bulis and a high draft pick.

4 shots 4 goals incredible

There's a number of ways of looking at this.

With this game's performance, he's become more valuable (on the market AND to keep).

This game's performance is recognized as being what it likely is... an exceptional event in Bulis's career and his value for trade or as a keeper remains the same.

Anyways, is Arnason a worthwhile trade choice? I don't know.

From what I read on TSN's player's page on him, he's just another Bulis with a bit more of an offensive upside.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

If a trade was to be made and it was acceptable to Chicago, I'd trade Zednik LONG before I'd trade Bulis.

There was an addition to that Spector posting which says this

"Claude" added the following: "just heard tonight on rds yvon pednault just at the beginning of the third period was discussing that after talking with numerous scouts that are present in great numbers all of them where unanimous that bulis was to be trade after the game between montreal and the flyers . noted that bulis was a healthy scratch just before souray was injured."

I am a big fan of Bulis, more for his speed but his 4 goals tonight didn't hurt. I would much rather deal Zednik or Ribeiro than Bulis. He is a solid 3rd liner and he probably has the most scoring chances on the team this year. If he can keep his target on like tonight, he can pot a ton.

THat being said, if the deal is a very good one, then it's ok, but for Arnason??? I just don't know.

Either way great game by BUlis

There was an addition to that Spector posting which says this

"Claude" added the following: "just heard tonight on rds yvon pednault just at the beginning of the third period was discussing that after talking with numerous scouts that are present in great numbers all of them where unanimous that bulis was to be trade after the game between montreal and the flyers . noted that bulis was a healthy scratch just before souray was injured."

I am a big fan of Bulis, more for his speed but his 4 goals tonight didn't hurt. I would much rather deal Zednik or Ribeiro than Bulis. He is a solid 3rd liner and he probably has the most scoring chances on the team this year. If he can keep his target on like tonight, he can pot a ton.

THat being said, if the deal is a very good one, then it's ok, but for Arnason??? I just don't know.

Either way great game by BUlis

Bubu is probably my favorite Habs for the past couple of seasons. He came to Montreal as a soft, scared, perimeter playmaking center. He improved constantly and now he's our 2nd best goal scorer and one of our few guys who come to work every game. He still have loads of untapped potential as we could see tonight.

That's probably what makes him much more marfketable than Ribs or Zed. That's also why I'd keep him unless an offer blow us away.

Just to add to the speculation

Here is another rumour I just came accross, I'm not even going to speculate on reliability

- Jan Bulis rumoured to be heading to Washington along with Ribeiro in exchange for Witt and another player/pick

- Another possible deal would be the Habs sending Bulis to Chicago for Arnason. Draft picks would also go to Chicago

I'm not sure i like either....the only thing i really like, is the dealing of RIbeiro...We'll see what Bob does....i'm crossing my fingers that if bob does deal Bulis who is one of our more attractive assets IMO, he packages some guys we need to get rid of.

Here's what I heard; Bulis to Pittsburgh for Crosby, a 2nd round pick in 2007

I also read; Heatly and Alfredson for Daginais and an 8th rounder

And Jack Johnson, Eric Staal for a 10th round pick and Marc Staal for 2 hockey sticks....................

It's getting ridiculous, all these " I heard" or "Claude" on this board or Mr. X says...................

Here's what I heard; Bulis to Pittsburgh for Crosby, a 2nd round pick in 2007

I also read; Heatly and Alfredson for Daginais and an 8th rounder

And Jack Johnson, Eric Staal for a 10th round pick and Marc Staal for 2 hockey sticks....................

It's getting ridiculous, all these " I heard" or "Claude" on this board or Mr. X says...................

You can look up the defintion of a "rumour" if you don't know what it means. Who knows how much of them are true or not, but I think most people are interested in hearing them if they are posted somewhere. Of course most of them won't come true, but the majority of them are plausible.

No way the Habs should trade Bulis.

Aside from tonight he is one of if not the hardest worker on the team.

Now as we saw tonight with confidence he can score he lead the Czech league in scoring last season I believe. So I truly hope he is a habs for many years to come.

No way the Habs should trade Bulis.

Aside from tonight he is one of if not the hardest worker on the team.

Now as we saw tonight with confidence he can score he lead the Czech league in scoring last season I believe. So I truly hope he is a habs for many years to come.

couldn't say it better myself...especially since he's also one of the most responsible defensively.