Hockey Trivia

BTH

I believe Stevie Y, but I'm not sure for how many years.

Yup. It's Yzerman with Sakic in second. I think it's 19 years but I'll leave that to google.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the fastest answer in HW Trivia history. :D

Next question:

Uh.........wow....takes my more time to think of a question than to answer one....

Got one! But it's pretty easy:

Who is the player who captained the same team for the longest period of time in history? How many seasons?

I'm not exactly sure about how long but I'm sure osmeone will know.

Yep. You told me on MSN a long time ago and then I read in a Gazette article a couple of months ago.

Yeah, everytime Kovalev scores on NHL 2001 they say that. Either that or mention that he was the 3rd leading scorer on the Rag$ during their Cup Run.

Yup. It's Yzerman with Sakic in second. I think it's 19 years but I'll leave that to google.

20 if you count this year, otherwise 19.

Who started the white towel craze in hockey?

Yeah, everytime Kovalev scores on NHL 2001 they say that. Either that or mention that he was the 3rd leading scorer on the Rag$ during their Cup Run.

20 if you count this year, otherwise 19.

Who started the white towel craze in hockey?

) — Steve Yzerman's reign as the longest serving captain in NHL history is not over yet.

Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman looks up the ice with linemate Brendan Shanahan on his wing.

By Jerry S. Mendoza, AP

The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday re-signed Yzerman to a one-year contract, ensuring the veteran center his 19th year as team captain.

Financial terms were not disclosed for Yzerman, who made $5,849,823 last season.

Captain of the Red Wings since 1986-87, Yzerman recorded 18 goals and 33 assists in 75 games last season. He added three goals and two assists in 11 playoff contests before suffering an eye injury that kept him out of Detroit's final postseason game against Calgary.

Selected fourth overall by the Red Wings in the 1983 draft, Yzerman has 678 goals and 1,043 assists in 1,453 career games.

The 39-year-old has led Detroit to three Stanley Cup championships, winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as most valuable player of the playoffs in 1998.

"We are all very pleased to have Steve back for one more year," Detroit general manager Ken Holland said. "He brings a great deal of dedication, skill and leadership abilities to our hockey club, and I feel his competitive nature will greatly help this team remain successful."

Yzerman, who was named to the NHL All-Rookie Team in 1984, has won the Selke and Masterton Trophies and Lester B. Pearson Award during his 22-year career. He also has represented Canada in the 1998 and 2002 Olympics and the 1996 World Cup of Hockey.

Selected to play for Canada in this year's World Cup, Yzerman withdrew due to the eye injury he suffered in the playoffs.

) — Steve Yzerman's reign as the longest serving captain in NHL history is not over yet.

Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman looks up the ice with linemate Brendan Shanahan on his wing.

By Jerry S. Mendoza, AP

The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday re-signed Yzerman to a one-year contract, ensuring the veteran center his 19th year as team captain.

Financial terms were not disclosed for Yzerman, who made $5,849,823 last season.

Captain of the Red Wings since 1986-87, Yzerman recorded 18 goals and 33 assists in 75 games last season. He added three goals and two assists in 11 playoff contests before suffering an eye injury that kept him out of Detroit's final postseason game against Calgary.

Selected fourth overall by the Red Wings in the 1983 draft, Yzerman has 678 goals and 1,043 assists in 1,453 career games.

The 39-year-old has led Detroit to three Stanley Cup championships, winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as most valuable player of the playoffs in 1998.

"We are all very pleased to have Steve back for one more year," Detroit general manager Ken Holland said. "He brings a great deal of dedication, skill and leadership abilities to our hockey club, and I feel his competitive nature will greatly help this team remain successful."

Yzerman, who was named to the NHL All-Rookie Team in 1984, has won the Selke and Masterton Trophies and Lester B. Pearson Award during his 22-year career. He also has represented Canada in the 1998 and 2002 Olympics and the 1996 World Cup of Hockey.

Selected to play for Canada in this year's World Cup, Yzerman withdrew due to the eye injury he suffered in the playoffs.

white towel craze - roger neilson?

Next question who was the first Russian, Finn, Czech, Swede, to play for the habs???

Anyways Im going out so if you think you got the answer right go ahead and ask another

ch_nl already answered that, so I suppose he (or she, I'm unsure on gender) gets to ask the next question.

Petrov, Lumme, Näslund and Svoboda.

Anyway, Mats Näslund has a hockey grand slam and was the correct answer to my last question.

I'll post the next question. It's a bit tricky and but should be easier for North americans.

Almost every player who has won a Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens was born in North America. 4 was not. Whom?

Edited by ch_nl

Petrov, Lumme, Näslund and Svoboda.

Anyway, Mats Näslund has a hockey grand slam and was the correct answer to my last question.

I'll post the next question. It's a bit tricky and but should be easier for North americans.

Almost every player who has won a Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens was born in North America. 4 was not. Whom?

I have found 5 players and there may be more

Mats Naslund-Sweden

Kjell Dahlin-Sweden

Petr Swoboda-Czech

Rod Langway-Taiwan

Rick Chartraw- Venezuela

The biggest tabliod is having an article series of the great NHL:ers.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/...,756029,00.html

One of the articles is about a 8-year old Stanislaus Guoth...

Ok, just to pass the right to ask...

In which country was Tomas Sandström born?

Edited by ch_nl

Tomas Sandström was born where they speak Swedish and has played for Team Sweden and is a Swede. The city is called Jakobstad.

And yes, Jakobstad is in Finland or Sweden.

Answer: He was born in Finland but is a Swede.

Finland was once a part of Sweden and they still speak swedish in Jakobstad and Vaasa. That's why he has a swedish name.

Just like Mika Hannula who will play for Sweden in Turin.

Edited by ch_nl

Marty McSorley

How many NHL teams did Paul Coffey play for, without looking it up?

TEAMS not FRANCHISES.

Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Hartford + Carolina (2 teams) and a bunch more I'm sure.

I'll say something like 7 or 8. 8? That's my answer.

Edited by KoZed